Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:38 PM

I firmly believe homosexuality is a matter of CHOICE, and not CREATION. God created MALE and FEMALE, but some chooses to pervert both.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 AM

No doubt about it. The term Christian has been taken and tramped through the mud by many. You mention christian to the world and what do they think. Most attribute most of the worst genocide on the planet to christians. I like using the term born-again believer, saved, and definetly a Bible believer. If they dont see the difference then I get a chance to explain. Even in Jesus' day there were the religious and the non-religious. Jesus was niether. There were the conservatives and the liberals, Jesus was niether. And He wasnt something in the middle. He was the complete in His doctrine and was the perfect example for us. Bible believers, like Jesus and His disciples, have been persecuted all throughout history. In fact, the number of Bible believers killed has by far exceeded any ethnic group, race, or religion that was deemed worthy to be eliminated from the earth. Even in America. They started by calling it a witch hunt and found those that denied their doctrine of baptism and communion worthy of death.
When I refer to a Bible believer this would be directed at one who believes the teachings and understands the proper doctrine of the Bible. Iven these that dont understand they have the faith that its promises are true.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:00 AM

the biggest killer of Bible believing Christians called themselves the Church and Christians between 1000AD and 1600AD and they are behind most of the wars today in one way or another, as they are infiltratd into all secret societies, masons and all sub groups, and ecumentical organizations.

Plus you never hear anything about the 2 million plus Christians that were killed by Hitler during WWII, these were civilians not soldiers.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
the biggest killer of Bible believing Christians called themselves the Church and Christians between 1000AD and 1600AD and they are behind most of the wars today in one way or another, as they are infiltratd into all secret societies, masons and all sub groups, and ecumentical organizations.

Plus you never hear anything about the 2 million plus Christians that were killed by Hitler during WWII, these were civilians not soldiers.
Yep, when Christians start believing any sort of violence is an acceptable response to those that oppose our faith and our way of life then you'll see all all sorts of things happen which are unbecoming of one who professes faith in Jesus Christ. Just look at what happened in the 16th century in Switzerland and Germany to the Anabaptists, not to mention what happened to the Puritans in Jacobean England. The hymnal I use in private worship is full of the hymns written by Anabaptists martyrs as they gave their lives for the faith they had lived in Jesus Christ and their strongly held conviction that the doctrine of non-resistance was for Christians today. But we can be certain their deaths were not in vain. As Tertullian wrote "The blood of the martyr's is seed." Praise the Lord Jesus Christ who will someday avenge the blood of the saints! For it is written:

2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Psalms 94:1 O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
Amen!

Let us rather pray that we can live peaceable lives as we sojourn here as strangers in a strange world of which we are not of.

1 Timothy 2:1-3 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

May the God of peace be with you all,
Stephen