Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Well, that's one of the biggest mix ups I've ever seen :P

Reformed Theology + Lordship Salvation + Free Grace Dispensationalism

How do you know which commentary is right brother?
Just out of curiousity brother Luke, where did you hear about these Bibles? I'm always curious where so many strong KJB believers keep up on things. I want to stay current as well, so I too can warn people about such things.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 09-18-2008, 12:55 AM

Eric,

http://www.evidencebible.com/

Quote:
Welcome to "The Evidence Bible Online." The Evidence Bible is commended by Josh McDowell, Dr. D. James Kennedy and Franklin Graham, and was a finalist in the 2002 Gold Medallion Book Awards.
Tell us why this Bible with notes by apostates is so wonderful? You must be kidding or something. Why would I want any Bible that has notes from Dr. D. James Kennedy.

http://www.coralridge.org/default.aspx

So you are anti Ruckman and pro Dr. D. James Kennedy.

Do you mind if I ask you what you think of Dr. Ian Paisley?

Also does the Reformation Study Bible even come in KJV? I can not even find a Reformation Study Bible, KJV online. All I can find is an ESV or NKJV.

I will agree with you one the Ryrie Study Bible, KJV. It is a very good study Bible. I have had one for about five years and other than a Scofield Study Bible, I'd say it is the best on the market. Well that is until the Ruckman Study Bible comes out. I would gladly recommend the Ryrie Study Bible, KJV to anyone. It is a verd study Bible. Everyone should own a Ryrie Study Bible. I also have Thompson Chain ok for a few things.

The Common Man's Reference Bible also one of the best study Bibles on the market. I have yet to see it correct the KJV. IT has some good notes and is also worth buying.

http://www.purewordsoftruth.com

Atlas
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
Also does the Reformation Study Bible even come in KJV? I can not even find a Reformation Study Bible, KJV online. All I can find is an ESV or NKJV.
Personally, I prefer the ESV. But, my church is KJV-only. So when I teach I use the KJV. Years ago I used to be KJV-only and led my SBC church to change the constitution to be officially KJV-only. I even attended the Beale Street Blast back in 2004. My pastor is KJV-only and preaches from Ruckman's commentaries. Currently, I own http://www.biblepreachingarchives.org but I am in the process of transferring it to a KJV-only person as my convictions have changed.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Just out of curiousity brother Luke, where did you hear about these Bibles? I'm always curious where so many strong KJB believers keep up on things. I want to stay current as well, so I too can warn people about such things.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Hey Stephen,

There are a few places I tend to read

www.jesus-is-savior.com/recent_articles.htm

Not all of them are the best, but David Stewart does do a lot of research. This tends to be where I get a lot of info on false teachers from

www.wayoflife.org

Not the biggest fan of David Cloud, but he is pretty much always on the money with false teachers. He has an aversion to Dr Ruckman and Riplinger though, but his ministry was instrumental in me believing the KJB.

I also read several free grace blogs

indefenseofthegospel.blogspot.com

This is lou martinueacs blog. He wrote a book on Lordship Salvation, and he is a good guy. Emailed him several times.

www.av1611.org

Not updated so much anymore, but for information on Bible versions, it's probably the best. Also good stuff on rock music, but the articles are a bit outdated (Amy Grant, Stryper and stuff.. not really too current).

So yeah, I just tend to read.. too much at times. Which causes confusion.

God bless
Old 09-18-2008, 03:50 PM

The Evidence Bible -

I owned one, so I can testify that this is actually what is written in it as the commentary for Matthew 7:21-23

"These are perhaps the most frightening verses in the Bible. Vast multitudes of professing Christians fit into the category spoken of here. They call Jesus 'Lord,' but they practice lawlessness. They profess faith in Jesus, but have no regard for the divine law. They tell 'fibs' or 'white' lies, take things that belong to others, have a roaming eye for the opposite sex, etc. They are liars, thieves, and adulterers at heart, who will be cast from the gates of heaven into the jaws of hell."

Basically, in order for Jesus to know you and not cast you into hell, you have to be sinlessly perfect.

What any Christian is doing being judged at the judgment of the nations I have no idea, but Comfort doesn't rightly divide.

Having said that, there are literally HUNDREDS of REALLY GOOD notes in the evidence Bible, but stuff like this just makes it a waste and is poison amongst the good stuff.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
ericwgreene

Wow.... That is a lot of responses... I will take the time to read them shortly as I am interested in what all of you have to say. Thanks for taking the time to write. By the way, I am thoroughly familiar with the theological perspective of all of the Bibles I listed. I am interested in not only deepening my own convictions but also I like to learn why others think the way they do. I find it helps me minister to people more effectively... Thanks again for the many responses, I look forward to reading them all...

Soli Deo Gloria!
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 PM

Quote:
The Evidence Bible -

I owned one, so I can testify that this is actually what is written in it as the commentary for Matthew 7:21-23

"These are perhaps the most frightening verses in the Bible. Vast multitudes of professing Christians fit into the category spoken of here. They call Jesus 'Lord,' but they practice lawlessness. They profess faith in Jesus, but have no regard for the divine law. They tell 'fibs' or 'white' lies, take things that belong to others, have a roaming eye for the opposite sex, etc. They are liars, thieves, and adulterers at heart, who will be cast from the gates of heaven into the jaws of hell."

Basically, in order for Jesus to know you and not cast you into hell, you have to be sinlessly perfect.

What any Christian is doing being judged at the judgment of the nations I have no idea, but Comfort doesn't rightly divide.

Having said that, there are literally HUNDREDS of REALLY GOOD notes in the evidence Bible, but stuff like this just makes it a waste and is poison amongst the good stuff.
A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Quote:
Our dear brother Stephen is a mennonite and loves God dearly, and while he has had heated discussion with the forum over certain issues, he has done it in a manner of grace and love that is uncommon amongst many Christians.
You're way to kind. I've been a royal pain in the rear! George, and Chette are witness to that. I have a lot to learn. I just don't always see it that way, lol. This certainly is a good place to do it.

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 09-18-2008 at 10:48 PM.