Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
John1717

Default We MUST be careful with our words

First, the MESSAGE being preached, 1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified

Is that a FOOLISH message, from GOD'S point of view?

I don't think so...

We MUST be careful of our WORDS...

I heard a preacher on the radio quote this verse,

1Corinthians 1:21 For since, in God's wisdom, the world did not know God through wisdom, God was pleased to save those who believe through the foolishness of the message preached.

That particular verse is from the Holman Christian Standard Bible, and reads the same in MOST other 'modern' versions. That preacher doesn't give much thought to what he is saying, for that verse (Holman Version) says that God calls the GOSPEL foolish!

Yes it does!

Diagram the sentence, it is God's point of view here, not man's.

I am aware of the verses that say MAN calls the Gospel foolishness, this IS NOT them!!!

The modern versions say they make the Bible easy to read.

But if the 'bibles' say DIFFERENT things, then they are NOT the same.

EXAMPLES from the text under discussion...

1Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe .(FOOLISH METHOD)
King James Bible

1Corinthians 1:21 For since, in God's wisdom, the world did not know God through wisdom, God was pleased to save those who believe through the foolishness of the message preached. (FOOLISH MESSAGE)
Holman Christian Standard Bible

1Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. (FOOLISH MESSAGE)
New International Version which is published by Rupert Murdock

1Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. (FOOLISH MESSAGE) New American Standard Bible

1Corinthians 1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. (FOOLISH MESSAGE)
New King James Version

Diagram the sentence, you see that this verse is GOD'S POINT OF VIEW, not man's.

In the KJB "the foolishness of preaching" is GOD'S point of view of the METHOD He has chosen for people to be saved!

The "foolishness of the message preached." in the HCSB and other versions, is a HERESY of GOD'S point of view of the MESSAGE, NOT the method!

It is GOD calling the Gospel 'FOOLISHNESS'!

THAT COULD NEVER HAPPEN!

Has not that preacher who gave little thought to what he was saying, BLASPHEMED GOD by preaching a lie?

And IF the preacher holds forth that version as authored by the HOLY SPIRIT of God, has he not BLASPHEMED the Holy Spirit?

God is NOT the author of confusion, and the HOLY SPIRIT has NOT inspired lies,

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

In the service of the TRUTH, the LIVING WORD, JESUS CHRIST,

Craig
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1717 View Post
Diagram the sentence, you see that this verse is GOD'S POINT OF VIEW, not man's.

In the KJB "the foolishness of preaching" is GOD'S point of view of the METHOD He has chosen for people to be saved!

The "foolishness of the message preached." in the HCSB and other versions, is a HERESY of GOD'S point of view of the MESSAGE, NOT the method!

It is GOD calling the Gospel 'FOOLISHNESS'!

THAT COULD NEVER HAPPEN!
Excellent point, Craig. What a difference a few words can make -- which is all the more reason why we must trust God to preseve the very words, not just the "concepts" they contain.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
John1717

Default the 'concepts' contained

When a person determines to BELIEVE that God's Word is TRUTH, the Holy Spirit will take care of the concepts, Precept upon Precept, Line upon Line

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line

Thanks for the forum, Brandon

In the service of the TRUTH, the LIVING WORD, JESUS CHRIST,
Craig
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Lively Stone

Question

Yes Bro. Brandon thank you for the forum. I expect at some point there will be those that do not agree with the truth of the AV 1611 Bible being the preserved Word of God.

My question is should we invite other Christians to the forum for debate on the subject? I don't recall the stated goal of this particular forum. I don't want to cause controversy but love the challenge of showing the absolute perversion of other versions of so called Bibles.

Danny
Old 02-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lively Stone View Post
My question is should we invite other Christians to the forum for debate on the subject? I don't recall the stated goal of this particular forum. I don't want to cause controversy but love the challenge of showing the absolute perversion of other versions of so called Bibles.
This forum is open to anyone who wants to participate. In fact, I hope that people who want to email me from the King James Bible Page articles to debate might instead post here where other people can contribute. (My email volume is also very high and I don't always get a chance to respond -- posting here would be good because others would be able to respond.)
Old 02-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Lively Stone

Thank you Bro. Brandon for your reply. I look forward to the challenges ahead. May God bless this effort and His will be done.

Danny
Old 02-02-2008, 07:02 AM
jerry

It is interesting that many churches today are rejecting God's method of getting the Gospel out (preaching) and are instead turning to drama skits and rock concerts - and neglecting the solid preaching of the Word of God. Then they wonder why their "converts" don't seem to stick or don't seem that interested in walking with the Lord and studying His Word.