General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:03 PM

Default I need an avatar...

I know this might sound something a little foolish to ask for, but I would like an avatar to use on this forum. Can anybody here please spare anything? I mean, I don't want to take something just randomly from the net and risk being called a thief. I would really appreciate this and would give you the credit, because I myself know nothing of graphic design or Photoshop, etc. So, anybody?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
I know this might sound something a little foolish to ask for, but I would like an avatar to use on this forum. Can anybody here please spare anything? I mean, I don't want to take something just randomly from the net and risk being called a thief. I would really appreciate this and would give you the credit, because I myself know nothing of graphic design or Photoshop, etc. So, anybody?
Do you have anything in mind? Usually a Bible picture from an image search won't be copyrighted; in fact I've used one (with a Creative Commons license) for my YouTube videos in the past. Anyhow, if you have an idea of what you want for an avatar, then that would help people come up with something for you.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Do you have anything in mind? Usually a Bible picture from an image search won't be copyrighted; in fact I've used one (with a Creative Commons license) for my YouTube videos in the past. Anyhow, if you have an idea of what you want for an avatar, then that would help people come up with something for you.
Well, since this is a Bible forum, I might as well go with something Bible related. As long as nobody else has it in this forum and I can use without any problems, It'll be fine. If none of you can help me then I'll see If I can draw anything good (I have not drawn anything in many years and I wasn't very good at it to begin with), and scan it. Anyway, thank you for answering.

GOD Bless

Last edited by Rolando; 01-28-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 PM

Well I borrowed my avatar from somewhere...I can't exactly remember where, but I have bunches of images that I use all over the place. If you're worried about infringement, simply use an image app (GIMP works) to add the name of the site where you got the image...if it's a Bible or cross, they're very likely not going to mind you using it for a forum.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 AM

There are so many images out there that are not copyrighted, feel free to browse and discover something that you like.

I wanted an 'empty tomb' avatar, and found one with a google search.