General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 PM

That guy is weird!!

Thank you, Bro. Brandon.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-30-2008, 09:50 PM

Another good call, Brandon.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Vendetta Ride

Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease (Pr. 22:10).
Old 10-30-2008, 11:22 PM

I had hoped he would ease up, but he never did. After the comments he made about Brandon I was suprised to find that he was sill around.

I also wish he'd have answered my last post with something other than the comment he left.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I had hoped he would ease up, but he never did. After the comments he made about Brandon I was suprised to find that he was sill around.

I also wish he'd have answered my last post with something other than the comment he left.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Bro. Brandon seems to have a lot of longsuffering...I would be blessed if I were to be considered as gracious and patient as he.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:40 AM
aussiemama

You've probably thought of these issues before, and I don't want to step out of line as a newbie and all, but I'm gonna bite the bullet and ask anyway.

Is there some place here that tells us who the mods are? Also, is there a way to send private messages apart from email? Coz I don't see any. I had an issue that I needed to speak to a moderator about but I don't know who all is a mod or how to get in touch with them.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Forum Administrator

At the moment I am the only forum administrator.

The private messaging system is disabled -- if people would like to contact each other they need to make their email public on the forum.

I did receive your email. I am often very slow in responding to most email messages about this web site -- it's quite a well-trafficked site. Sorry...
Old 10-31-2008, 12:31 PM
aussiemama

That's ok I actually had questions about something else. I guess I'll email you with that too. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
I am often very slow in responding to most email messages about this web site -- it's quite a well-trafficked site. Sorry...
Thats so cool! Praise JESUS!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-01-2008, 02:41 AM

Default Warning,Suspension, then Ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Hi Folks,

Generally I feel this is one of the best-moderated forums on the Net. I especially like how the wily coyote types are given enough grace and space to show their colors, and then, if they show themselves uninterested in real dialog and are only pushing weird agendas, are offered the left boot of un-forum-membership. Very solid, kewl.

However there are times (anyway, at least one) where a good back-door discussion might have helped keep a solid pro-KJB poster on this forum. A discussion on what I would consider a secondary issue (one I have never taken a stance on and I barely noticed at the time) degenerated into a personal bric-brac and then a boot, with a 'we won't discuss it' addendum. (The poster could have done better, for sure, in his approach.)

Ok, mods are mods, and that is fine. It's a hard job, with few accolades and perks, so the mod gets respect and really has to make the tuff decision.

However this thread exists as a place where to ask -- reconsider, try a private chat, go round 2, close the thread, allow for a cooling-off suspension rather than a ban in special cases. Find another way.

If somehow that dissonance could have been ironed out, very likely the forum would be that much stronger. And since this is the only generally solid pro-KJB and wide-ranging and well-moderated web forum (email forums are different) it would be nice if there was not unnecessary fracturing.

So my request is to consider whether, in special cases with pro-KJB posters, additional options and venues can be implemented, in order to avoid the absolute ban. And to consider one retroactive application.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Good Post!

Agree very much with Steven's words and ideas above. I have often thought that a Warning first, then a 2 week suspension, 30 day suspension, then if the person still persists in Heresy/Cultic/Anti-A.V.-K.J./Foul behaviour/or "Self-appointed Pope" status, then- Ban them! Not banned simply because someone on this website doesn't like folks that don't "walk-in-lockstep" with him.

There was a lady on here that I had replied to a few times when she asked questions. {Doxa is her name} She seemed like a nice person with a good attitude and could have been taught ( IMO) the correct things of Christianity, if she had not been "Banned". She went "off" when she started talking about Visions and experiences... which most of us Bible believers are very leary/queesy/alarmed at. I think she has a good heart but she needs good direction, and I felt that she got "hammered" rather than helped. A suspension along with a reading list of good books for her would be more helpful, than a Ban.