Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Hello George,
I have my King James Bible and Swordsearcher, would you be willing to share your list of books and authors please?

Thanks,
Harley

Aloha brother Harley,

Here are a few recommendations to begin with - I will give you a more complete list after I compile it:

The "Which Bible?" Issue - "Forever Settled" by Jack Moorman (Nowadays - probably the best "first book" on the subject). or "Bible Version Manual" by Donald T. Clarke (another excellent "first book" - if you can find it). Any Books by Edward Hills, David Otis Fuller, W. P. Grady, Thomas D. Holland, Floyd Nolan Jones, Douglas D. Stauffer, etc. (There's lots more)

Dispensationalism - "Dispensationalism" by David E. Walker (an excellent "primer" on how to "rightly divide" the word of God); Clarence Larkin; and Peter Ruckman.

Cults, Apostasy, & Psychiatry/Psychology - Books and articles by Dave Hunt & T.A. McMahon {The Berean Call: http://www.thebereancall.org/} (One of the best sources on the Apostasy in the churches today). A word of caution - brothers Hunt & McMahon are not as strong on the King James Bible as some of us are.

Psychology/Psychology - Books by Martin & Diedre Bobgan (absolutely the best source for information on the infiltration of the perverse influence of psychiatry and psychology in the churches): http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/mainpage.html {Quite a few online PDF books available}

Emerging Church Movement {ECM} - "Faith Undone" by Roger Oakland (Excellent source on the "seeker churches" or the "Emerging Church Movement" {ECM} that is sweeping across America - Rick Warren, etc.)

Education & Schooling - Any Book by Samuel Blumenfeld {Rudolph Flesch John Taylor Gatto, Neil Postman - not Christians, but excellent sources}

Evolution & Creation - "The Evolution Handbook" (992 pages refuting evolution on every point) "Science vs. Evolution" (1,008 pages pages presents the case against the theories of evolution and the beginning of matter), both by Vance Ferrel (very reasonably priced!) - More books by Vance Ferrel (Online 3 Volume Encyclopedia about evolution, etc.) @ http://evolution-facts.org/ Any Books by Henry M. Morris or Harry Rimmer.

Please Note: I do not recommend men - I recommend some of their books. I try not to glorify, commend, or idolize men - and I do not follow them. One of the curses of modern day Christianity is "respect of persons" and the elevation of Christian "personalities" (pastors, evangelists, teachers, psychiatrists/psychologists, etc.)

We are all brethren, and as such, we should be seeking to glorify and extol the Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy word - NOT men!