Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Default The Bible has a voice of its own

When I consider the Bible translation issue I have come to the very valuable conclusion that the KJB is more than a mere translation of “ancient manuscripts” (don’t worry I am not making an idol out of a “mere 17th Century translation” bowing down and worshipping it). It has taken me almost 20 years to recognise this, but the KJB is not just one in the long line of a number of various translations that presents the archaic renderings of a language that no one speaks any longer, nor truly understands.

When I take into account what happened at a particular point in history, it really makes me appreciate that God’s authentic word is truly in my hand, my heart & my home. We are much more privileged than we realise to be entrusted as stewards of such a divine treasure that was in no way cheap in its journey into our houses.

There was a specific moment in time;

1) when the battle was at its hottest;
2) when spiritual opposition was at the height of its power; and
3) just (as if by chance) when the printing presses were invented

That God purposed that His word was to be clothed with a tongue that would reach the outer most parts of the world it amazes me!

Not only that, but it was the common tongue that made way for the word and not the other way around like it is today. The feminine language of the English bowed herself in total subjection to the authority of the divine masculine and as a result she took the name of her Lord & master into the whole world.
The moment that the English language had married herself to the power of the Scriptures, it was at that point in history that she was exalted and excelled beyond her counterparts!

It just shows what type of reverential awe that the translators of the KJB had when they approached the written word. These were spiritual men of God who held the Scriptures in such high esteem that they made it their deliberate choice to stretch the English language around the word in order to make it possible for the inspired words of truth communicate to us.

And again, I believe that this was no mere coincidence – the timing was perfect, the choice of godly men was perfect and so was application of their great learning.
These men followed the paths of the likes of William Tyndale who, when they couldn’t find equivalents to what was placed in the sacred text actually transliterated words into the text and created new words into the vocabulary such as “propitiation”.

Today they are doing the very opposite by taking words that are intended to be there and replacing them with “more understandable” paraphrases that substitutes divine light with human ideas.
As a result of this English has fallen into disrepair (e.g. just read an average text message) as she has forsaken her Lord, and now even the bibles that she is producing (under the guise of new light) create nothing only ignorance and confusion.

There is no way on earth that all of this is sheer coincidence, the fruit is the evidence in my book.
The lesson must be learned that when we hold the sword correctly it protects & equips us, as it did with the English language & its missionaries. But when the untrained play around with that same sword as though it is something that they can fashion into a pruning hook or give the people a plastic toy that is shaped like a sword they are destroying much more than they realise!

The past preaches to us, the present must hear its voice, otherwise it is the future that will bear its silence.

---------------------------------------------------------

For anyone who like free downloadable software I would recommend this:

http://bibleseeker.org
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-27-2009, 04:20 PM

I once made a comment on another forum, that the KJV had spirit that the others modern versions did not have. That when you read it, it seemed to come alive. I was quickly accused of saying that no one could be saved, by reading any of the other modern Bibles.

To that I responded that I did not mean to say that, but I would have to give it further consideration.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
When I consider the Bible translation issue I have come to the very valuable conclusion that the KJB is more than a mere translation of “ancient manuscripts” (don’t worry I am not making an idol out of a “mere 17th Century translation” bowing down and worshipping it). It has taken me almost 20 years to recognise this, but the KJB is not just one in the long line of a number of various translations that presents the archaic renderings of a language that no one speaks any longer, nor truly understands.

When I take into account what happened at a particular point in history, it really makes me appreciate that God’s authentic word is truly in my hand, my heart & my home. We are much more privileged than we realise to be entrusted as stewards of such a divine treasure that was in no way cheap in its journey into our houses.

There was a specific moment in time;

1) when the battle was at its hottest;
2) when spiritual opposition was at the height of its power; and
3) just (as if by chance) when the printing presses were invented

That God purposed that His word was to be clothed with a tongue that would reach the outer most parts of the world it amazes me!

Not only that, but it was the common tongue that made way for the word and not the other way around like it is today. The feminine language of the English bowed herself in total subjection to the authority of the divine masculine and as a result she took the name of her Lord & master into the whole world.
The moment that the English language had married herself to the power of the Scriptures, it was at that point in history that she was exalted and excelled beyond her counterparts!

It just shows what type of reverential awe that the translators of the KJB had when they approached the written word. These were spiritual men of God who held the Scriptures in such high esteem that they made it their deliberate choice to stretch the English language around the word in order to make it possible for the inspired words of truth communicate to us.

And again, I believe that this was no mere coincidence – the timing was perfect, the choice of godly men was perfect and so was application of their great learning.
These men followed the paths of the likes of William Tyndale who, when they couldn’t find equivalents to what was placed in the sacred text actually transliterated words into the text and created new words into the vocabulary such as “propitiation”.

Today they are doing the very opposite by taking words that are intended to be there and replacing them with “more understandable” paraphrases that substitutes divine light with human ideas.
As a result of this English has fallen into disrepair (e.g. just read an average text message) as she has forsaken her Lord, and now even the bibles that she is producing (under the guise of new light) create nothing only ignorance and confusion.

There is no way on earth that all of this is sheer coincidence, the fruit is the evidence in my book.
The lesson must be learned that when we hold the sword correctly it protects & equips us, as it did with the English language & its missionaries. But when the untrained play around with that same sword as though it is something that they can fashion into a pruning hook or give the people a plastic toy that is shaped like a sword they are destroying much more than they realise!

The past preaches to us, the present must hear its voice, otherwise it is the future that will bear its silence.

---------------------------------------------------------

For anyone who like free downloadable software I would recommend this:

http://bibleseeker.org
Brother, when people accuse you of "worshiping the Bible", making an idol of it, ask them to read Psalms 119 ina KJV and tell us what King David thought of God's words.

I've been accused by Catholics, mostly priests, of having a "paper pope". My only response is that my "pope" is sinless and infallible, the one in Rome ain't.

Grace and peace

Tony
Old 06-27-2009, 07:18 PM
HowlerMonkey

One does have to admit that the language and phrasing used in the AV gives it a particular cadence that other translations clearly lack.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 AM

Default I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
my "pope" is sinless and infallible, the one in Rome ain't.

Tony
God bless
PaulB
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!

Originally Posted by tonybones2112
my "pope" is sinless and infallible, the one in Rome ain't.

Hi Paul. Good thoughts. Thank you. I also really like Tony's response about the paper pope.

Great stuff

Will K
Old 06-30-2009, 02:52 PM

Thanks Will - It just shows that when people earnestly seek truth that they find find the avenues where others of like mind are also in. There are so many people on the forum who arrived here because it is where their yearnings led them - and when we express ourselves we share such a precious light that will possibly open the eyes of others!

God bless

PaulB