Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:41 PM

Another person who has convinced themselves that Christian and Rock music go together and are OK! they are grasping at straws, finding what they want to believe in by attacking the KJB.
O day star?? textus receptus??? looks more like an ASV to me.

80's Bands,Motley Crue -song, Shout at the Devil , Stryper- song, To hell with the Devil.

Other Bands- Demon Hunter,Tourniquette,Six feet Under,Vengence Rising,August Burns Red,Katatonia,Impending Doom,Opeth,POD and Skillet.

Can you pick out those Christian rock bands?

Now think to yourself,would you believe what they had to say on there website?

Unfortunately,kids who are looking for something will be drawn to this,there parents should be involved and aware,but are not.

Don't buy into everything that has the Label Christian on it.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-07-2009, 02:28 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vengeance_Rising

I remember reading about this group. Started out as "Christian" then the lead singer became a satanist and now an atheist...
Old 04-07-2009, 05:14 PM

Debau,thats a good sermon by Dr. Stringer,at about the 4 minute mark, is a good description of how i feel. not knowing.

Bibleprotector,thanks for answering those questions,i am new to alot of the history on our Bible and it helps to clarify what i have been learning.

If you would listen to some of the christian rock,such as impending doom(Type in Impending doom on youtube,"BE PREPARED" NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART)song called Silence the Opressors, you cannot tell what the lyrics are anyway. yeah,this is christian rock.

So the only conclusion i have is, this person used there website only to attack our Bible in order to further there own cause.

The whole christian rock thing has nothing to do with God,only to serve the purpose of exalting oneself. They couldn't make it as a secular rock star so the next best thing was so-called christian rock.

Attacking the KJB would give them some exposure,albeit negative, any is better than none.

I left my previous church because the preacher allowed Guitar Hero for purposes of bringing children in on wednesday nights.

Its only rock n roll

Last edited by Jeremy; 04-07-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 AM

I was once in a local Christian Rock band. We hung out with all the other local Christian rocks bands in Montreal under the unbrella of a record label headed up by another, bigger Christian rock band. That was like 12 years ago, and as far as I know mostly everybody from that scene is apostate now.
I've investigated the whole Christian rock music thing alot, and I'm in complete agreement that the two cannot coexist.

I used to listen to a wide variety of groups, I used to think it was so cool that I could go to a 'christian' music store and buy a whole bunch of CDs that looked just as hot as anything at HMV, sounded as hot as anything on MTV, without anyone outside 'christian' circles knowing it was supposedly Godly.
I remember my dad forcing me to throw out my Living Sacrifice CDs, I was so mad at him: he said that nothing that sounded like THAT could possibly be Christ-honoring. Boy was he right! But read the lyrics, I said desperately.
When I look back at the lyrics now, they really weren't anything good, and since you couldn't even make them out over the grinding guitars, and the growling voice, how is that edifying?
When I listened to it, I got the exact same rush as listening to Marylin Manson, which I used to listen to - a lot.

I think it was brother David Cloud who said:
If you carve the name Jesus Christ into a piece of wood, you honor that piece of wood to carry such a beautiful name. But if you then go out to the backyard and use that name piece of wood to stir up a huge mud puddle, you're not honoring the mud puddle, but defacing the name of Jesus.

Thank you bibleprotector, for listing those answers below. Its truely amazing how these people who claim to be researching 'us KJO cultists' can't even find the well-publicized answers to those questions. It shows how they really aren't interested in the truth, only in propping up their excuses with toothpicks.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 PM

Not to change the subject, but what is this FFF forum Tony always writes of? I would like to go there and see some of his posts.

I haven't looked at the anti-KJVO site, but I know what I will find there. I used to belong to another "bible-believeing" forum. There were many there who expressed outright hatred for KJVOs like myself.

I have to admit, I am not so sure these folks are saved. That said, ONLY God knows who is truly saved. But I base my doubts on this verse.

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. 15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

All we can do is present scripture to show that God has preserved his word and pray God opens their eyes. We should never act in hatred of these folks.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:03 PM

Winman, FFF stands for Fightin' Fundamentalists Forum. (www.fundamentalforums.com)

There are many sections within the umbrella forum. I stay exclusively in the "Bible Versions" forum. Yes, there are some very unloving, supposedly Christian posters there. Some of them reject us KJBOs as unsaved heretics. Others are not as extreme, and only treat us as ignorant Bible thumpers. There are a few good men on there (ChaplainPaul and Mitex are my favorites) who are KJB defenders, and there are a very few non-KJBers who are respectful of our differences (Timotheos, Just-A-Thought, and YouWould).

I am coming to the close of my posting there as I have chosen not to cross the 1000 post count. I will continue to monitor the site and respond through private messages with some of the posters.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Bro. Parrish

How can one be considered a "fightin' fundamentalist" and not uphold the KJV?
That would be more like a "fumbling fundamentalist"...
Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 PM

Bibleprotector - I love your thoroughness. This is my first time to the site, you; I'm sure will be interesting. Thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Winman, FFF stands for Fightin' Fundamentalists Forum. (www.fundamentalforums.com)

There are many sections within the umbrella forum. I stay exclusively in the "Bible Versions" forum. Yes, there are some very unloving, supposedly Christian posters there. Some of them reject us KJBOs as unsaved heretics. Others are not as extreme, and only treat us as ignorant Bible thumpers. There are a few good men on there (ChaplainPaul and Mitex are my favorites) who are KJB defenders, and there are a very few non-KJBers who are respectful of our differences (Timotheos, Just-A-Thought, and YouWould).

I am coming to the close of my posting there as I have chosen not to cross the 1000 post count. I will continue to monitor the site and respond through private messages with some of the posters.

It truly is a shame. I wish you would stay posting on the FFF. I enjoy having you over there.

Take Care and God Bless!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:58 PM

J_A_T, we can have a lot more civil discourse here than on FFF. As I said, I made a determination to stop posting there, but will monitor it from time to time. I know that Barry checks this site out regularly, so he can still get enough of me, and I can always go on his little forum if I need to say something to him. (right, Barry?)

I have begun to examine the site run by Brian T that you recommended. I have only checked out his intro page for those new to the KJVO issue. I also emailed him regarding making modifications to some of his observations. He has responded favorably. Because of his anti-kjvo stance, his description of us KJBOs is skewed, and I believe should be written more objectively. I will be working on some suggestions.