Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
First of all, I believe Kent Hovind is pretty secure in his faith that the King James is inerrant and infallible (he does push the KJB in EVERY video after all...). What he does is what we do when dealing with Bible correctors. We go to the Greek and Hebrew to shew that it is indeed flawless. Kent Hovind does this to shew that you can't go to the Hebrew to disprove a literal 6 day creation.
I'm a fan of Kent Hovind, even though I'm a gapper, especially that he uses and claims to be believe in the KJV. However, I would disagree, Brother Stephen, that he really believes the King James is inerrant. He DID go to the Greek and Hebrew in one of his videos and corrected the King James. (I don't have the time to look for that portion, and I hope somebody can help me find it.)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-24-2009, 11:35 PM

To say that there's no gap because it's not mentioned IN GENESIS 1 is like saying that God did not create angels because they're not mentioned IN GENESIS 1.

Can anyone prove that God created angels in Genesis 1?
Non-gappers have to use other passages to prove the creation in Genesis 1, just exactly like the gappers do to prove the gap in Genesis 1.

A gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 is as possible as the gap between Genesis 4:1 and Genesis 4:2.

Now, back the topic of this thread ("Three Heavens"), I believe there are only three heavens, but I heard another Bible teacher teaching about the possibility of "seven heavens" since the Bible sometimes mention somewhere about "the heaven and the heaven of heavens". Has anyone heard of this?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:36 PM

yes that is true biblestudent. I made the same observations of Hovin changing scripture word meaning to fit his understanding almost on every one of the dvd's I have. Maybe you would like to help see thread on the Non-Evolutionary Gap Theory

the heaven and heaven of heaven I believe is in reference to the one below the firmament and the one above which is God's pure heaven.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Now, back the topic of this thread ("Three Heavens"), I believe there are only three heavens, but I heard another Bible teacher teaching about the possibility of "seven heavens" since the Bible sometimes mention somewhere about "the heaven and the heaven of heavens". Has anyone heard of this?
The phrase "the heaven of heavens" is found 5 times in the Bible. I believe it is a reference to the 3rd and highest heaven, where the Lord's throne is:

1 Kings 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

As for seven different heavens, I don't believe that's scriptural.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_Heaven
Old 02-25-2009, 03:42 AM

for a clearer understanding of the Gap theory held by some of us that does not include Theistic Evolution, Progressive Creationism or Day/age reformist theology view go here.

http://av1611.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1045

it is a work in progress. you will see we agree with a majority of what young earth proponents teach with only a couple differences.