Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2009, 04:53 PM

A Study on the First Adam and Last Adam might yield some results.

Jesus Christ is described as the Last Adam, but his overall rulership and kingdom will be the fulfillment of what the first Adam's was meant to be. He will have dominion over all creation.

Will it be exactly the same? I don't know.. But there will be a moon, even if it does not light the earth by night. Revelation 21 says the earth has no need of the sun or moon, but it doesn't say there is no sun or moon (it says there is no sea, which I take to mean the great deep - nothing to seperate the third heaven from the first and second - God will dwell with man).

One of the other things Ruckman said on the DVD I watched was about the First Adam and Last Adam. Interesting observation..

If the first adam was told to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth, and was expected to do so and remain sinless, how many generations could the earth alone have sustained them? If each generation has two children, we start with two, then four, then eight.. it grows exponentially.

And what was the purpose of creating an entire universe if no one was going to inhabit it? It's speculation, and he only mentioned it in passing (it was not the crux of the message), but it was interesting still.