General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:21 PM

Default State of Sodomy

Who would have thought that Iowa would have become a sodomite state. Living here my whole life,i had never even thought of such a thing,but here we are.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domes...5323XB20090403
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-08-2009, 04:59 AM

They call it progress Jeremy.It's been legal for awhile now in NZ along with prostitution...all down hill.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:23 PM

It is not the average citizen, it is the folks at the top.

I live in Connecticut, last year the State Supreme Court ruled to allow gay marriage, but I can tell you the vast majority of citizens were against it. I spoke to many people about it, I don't think I encountered even one person who supported it. And this is a very liberal state to say the least.

On election day Nov. 4th, 08 we could have voted for a constitutional convention where the citizens themselves could have voted to prohibit gay marriage as California did. Unfortunately most citizens were unaware of what this convention stood for. There were many advertisements by the media and special interest groups asking people to vote No for the convention and twisting the purpose for this convention. I recall only one ad in favor of the convention. The night I voted there was a group outside the poll loudly shouting for people to vote No.

The constitutional convention was voted down approx. 65% to 35%. But I really believe most citizens were completely ignorant about the convention.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Default Clifford

I grew up in the late 50's and 60's under a completely different culture. I wasn't in a christian home at the time and was raised through a cooperative extended family effort. I was in 6th grade before someone in school even told me what a condom was (although it was called a rubber). Perspective and understanding are gone along with the fear of God. "As in the days of Noah". We are like a boat adrift at night rapidly approaching the rocky shore. I'm glad I have a sure lifeline through His mercy.
Old 04-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Sad thing is,Iowa passed it on Friday 3rd 2009 and Vermont followed on Tuesday the 7th.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30089125/

Doesn't seem to be any way of stopping it now.

Out of all the signed petitions from Iowans against the Judges ruling in 2007,it only took 3 gay couples to pass it.