Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2009, 09:00 PM

Default Luke 9: 62

Ok, got another topic I'd like to get some input on. I was recently called to preach, 6 months ago. I struggled with the call, quite a bit actually. Honestly, I didn't feel worthy, wasn't sure he had called me, and didn't really want to. I was scared/fearful. I even began to think I wasn't called at all and was considering quitting even and not preaching. Well, I have peace with it now. I couldn't quit, impossible. I'm beginning to get the feeling of it being an honor and actually want to preach, etc. Anyway, I was sharing my feelings (which I finally figured-out I can't trust anyway) with this "person". He kept quoting me Luke 9: 62. When I said things about being unsure and wanting to quit, he quoted that scripture and basically said, "It's too late now, you've already announced it in church, you can't quit now." Well, by the Grace of God the Lord is guiding me through this and I praise his name that he would use someone like me to share the Gospel. Sorry for ramblin on, here's the question: Is the Lord saying in Luke 9: 62 that if a man (in our Church Age) begins to labor in the Lord (in any calling, be it preaching, teaching, etc.) and quits, then he is not "fit" to be saved or will not be saved at all? I am fully persuaded that answer is NO! However, I would like to discuss why some of you agree or disagree with me or this "person." God Bless!