Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:52 AM

Smile To rebuke or not rebuke.......

Ok, so besides being in this forum, I'm part of another one as well. Here is my question for the moment - on the conflicting issue between churches. I notice that catholics deem protestants as heretics, but catholics keep not to the Holy Bible yet if a protestant lists everything that catholic church does that is not in accord with the scriptures, the result a lashing out with even protestants saying that there should be compromise.

I acknowledge the word of God, but not tradition of man - therefore, I cannot compromise. Also, I'm aware where little horn is...So my question - is that right to do? I'm being told not to judge, but the word is nothing like what is being practiced in the catholic church today & the Holy Bible warns of what to do & what not to do. So should I continue the spiritual warfare or leave it alone? All insight welcome, oh & plenty of the good scriptures is a bonus - thanks.

Last edited by Shofar; 03-06-2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Just realized that this might belong in the Doctrine Section; please move if so - thanks --
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-06-2009, 12:55 PM

Correction is not Judging, but those being corrected always accuse it of being so. There is no room for compromise with darkness for the children of light, but that is much of what is wrong with the Church today.

But! you can always claim not to be judging, but being a Fruit Inspector.

Ti:3:10: A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
This basically means leave it alone.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Correction is not Judging, but those being corrected always accuse it of being so. There is no room for compromise with darkness for the children of light, but that is much of what is wrong with the Church today.

But! you can always claim not to be judging, but being a Fruit Inspector.

Ti:3:10: A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
This basically means leave it alone.
So in the future, if I give fair warning that what they do is in sin & not according to the scriptures, & if they listen not once, but twice or more (& deem me as evil...) - then I am to leave it alone? Does that mean there is no hope for those individuals - like when our LORD says that only His sheep will hear His words & they that don't are not of His sheep? Ok then, but what about if they continue to spread deception to the whole forum community saying that only in the catholic church is salvation given & it is heretical to do otherwise, over & over again? Do I continue to expose the truth of what they're doing or leave it be?

I have been going by the path to love the sinner, but hate the sin, but sometimes I feel like I'm battling with a rubber ball & nothing sticks, at all.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:46 PM

Actually this is up to the forum Administrator, to control the sort of doctrines he allows there. A good Admin will not allow proselytizing on his forum, but there are good ones, and complacent ones.

In the meantime most people involved in Cults are very hard to convince, they have been effectively brainwashed. And yes the RCC does qualify for a Cult!.

Last edited by Samuel; 03-06-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Actually this is up to the forum Administrator, to control the sort of doctrines he allows there. A good Admin will not allow proselytizing on his forum, but there are good ones, and complacent ones.

In the meantime most people involved in Cults are very hard to convince, that have been effectively brainwashed. And yes the RCC does qualify for a Cult!.
I fear that I'm in the midst of a complacent one.......Granted, there are those in the minority that are genuine believers in Jesus Christ our LORD, but they are surrounded by they that profess, yet do what is contrary to what is written in the word, be it that that don't read, or rely on other bibles which alone are filled with deception. On the one hand, part of me is passionate to stay there, to make sure that lies & falsehoods are exposed for what they are by the power of the word of God, & there is the other part that wonders - is anything that I am doing changing anything?

You're right about the role of the Admin, but I'm a lowly member.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:15 PM

I know where you are coming from, in the past I have posted on several forums. Most of which I have left, because of doctrinal conflict, and being called a KJVO cultist. I too felt like I might should stay, but feel I made the right decision.

I have a forum on my web-site, that I never have a problem with. Mainly because; I am the only one that occasionally makes a post there.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:03 PM

Those lady finger liberal Christians are like that as a DIRECT consequence of either a) not reading the Bible and or b) reading a currupt translation of a Jesuit (Catholic) manuscript. You must realize that these new bibles are nearly always translated with the philosophy of "avoid offensive and fearful words". I should be able to shew you what I mean, but I just spent a while looking through what I was just reading last night in Gail Riplingers books but couldn't find it. Nevertheless this is a pattern you'll find in churches and Christians that use these translations. Not only do these Christians use a corrupt bible, but they limit themselves to reading Matthew chapters 5-7. For 90% of Christiandom, those are THE church doctrines.

Anywho, here is some ammo for ya brother. ^_^

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24 KJV)

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. (1 Corinthians 2:15 KJV)

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. (1 Corinthians 11:31 KJV)

If you need some ammo for use against Catholic pagans, this is a good place to start:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False..._the_devil.htm

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; (Titus 1:13 KJV)

Should we have fellowship with Catholics?

Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. (2 Thessalonians 3:6 KJV)

You see, this is exactly what these pagans do. They have become disorderly (even in a cloud of false religious order!) in that they have replaced the traditions they recieved by Paul, with those given them by their apostate church "fathers" (Matthew 23:9...)

Peace and Love,
Stephen

EDIT: Here is an interesting write-up that you might enjoy: http://jesus-is-savior.com/Believer%...ighteously.htm

Last edited by stephanos; 03-06-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:28 PM

Catholic's practice things not found in the Bible, Charismatic's, Evangelical's and some Baptist do also.
If ones trust is in Jesus Christ finished work on the cross to save them. they have the Holy Ghost and they will come away from those groups and find better places of worship and practice.

if they do not then we are to avoid them. i.e. don't go to their churches. remember you are the one to avoid not them. if possible you can gently rebuke Pr 27:5, 6 Open rebuke is better than secret love. Faithful [are] the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy [are] deceitful.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:51 AM

Stephanos wrote
"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. (John 7:24 KJV)"

The types of judgments your supposed to avoid are material or vain judgments. Judging someone based on the clothes they wear, ie "judging a book by its cover". Not all judgments however.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

If they are doing something wrong, find the Scriptural support for it and politely show them. They might not be aware of it and sometimes thats all it takes.