Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Spirit of Elijah.

Default "of"

Thx all for your prayers. . I dont know how to say this but will say it as it is. My brother who invited me to join him in witnessing well I passed on all messages and fasted the day before well 4/5th of the day when I received a phone call from him asking if he could come around? to keep it short he said straight away when he arrive the signs gone?? The first thiing comeing to my head was he was looking for a sighn from God, he then said plainly I think I had the wrong date it was last weekend....
I have only lived in W.A for 1.5 years so I knew not what happens around our area still so ..Well.... Ummm..
Thx for your prayer maybe next year!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 AM

Personally, I think nothing that happens with God is an accident; I'd take it as a sign that He didn't want you to go, and avoid it again next year.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Elijah. View Post
Thx all for your prayers. . I dont know how to say this but will say it as it is. My brother who invited me to join him in witnessing well I passed on all messages and fasted the day before well 4/5th of the day when I received a phone call from him asking if he could come around? to keep it short he said straight away when he arrive the signs gone?? The first thiing comeing to my head was he was looking for a sighn from God, he then said plainly I think I had the wrong date it was last weekend....
I have only lived in W.A for 1.5 years so I knew not what happens around our area still so ..Well.... Ummm..
Thx for your prayer maybe next year!
Bummer. Well, despite what others may think, you have a year to be ready for the next one. Witnessing to hard core pagans is serious business, and needs to be done, but being prepared is critical. I'd look at this as an opportunity to prepare yourself for next year. Drench yourself in the Word of God (also be praying about it), and get some good tracts prepared.

I used to be one of those hard core pagans. Not all of them have heard the Gospel. Most of them have simply heard the name Jesus through countless and useless unholywood films.

Romans 10:14-15 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

You know, this reminds me of something. This halloween I passed out chick tracts to everyone that came to the door, except one. He was an older young man in a Joker outfit. All I had on me at that instant were "Best Friend" tracts designed for youngsters (I had run out of "Little Ghost" tracts and was using generic non-halloween ones at that point, lol). I told him "oh you don't want one of these, they're little comics for kids". I want to tell you something, I still feel terrible for not going upstairs and getting a different tract for him. So this is my point; we cannot allow ourselves to back out of preaching the Gospel of God's Grace. Out of all the tracts I handed out that night, he could have been the one truly needing and ready to hear the message of a tract. We cannot forsee the heart condition of everyone we meet. We've got to be about the business of sowing seeds, and let God prepare the soil.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen
Old 11-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Spirit of Elijah.

Ill continue to seek the Lords will in this matter and I sure God is able to do mightly. Do pray for the street witnessing every fourtnight down the local beach here, had some good seeds sown last fortnight. cheers