General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:10 AM

Default Hello everybody

I was once saved as a youth. I was raised in a Christian home, My parents were Baptist and as I grow older, I started to hate church. I couldn't run with my friends.
I left the church for 30 some years. I believed in God, but not the rules one was to follow.
I checked out a few different doctrines, and found faults with them according to what I remembered.
As Christ would have it, I ended up in a Baptist church.
Reconfirmed my faith, joined the church.
Love the Lord with all my heart
and a happy man.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBayouBaptist View Post
Thanks y'all, its good to be here. I do wonder what so many posters did to get banned, as I've seen that word under a few screen names over the past couple of days. Seems kind of strange that their posts are still on the board when they are banned. Oh well, to each site owner/administrator his own!
That got banned because they did not honor the rules of the forum, or they chose to continuously and in a subtle manner spread untruth about the King James Bible. We get a lot of people who seek to sow discord with the teachings of the Alexandrian Cult and other Bible deniers. You can read more about that here:
http://av1611.com/forums/showthread....ighlight=creed
Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the link Bro. Parrish! Considering what you wrote in your thread, it looks like those posts would be removed, but maybe it serves a point by having them on the site. I guess I'll have to see the posts that led to their banning myself, if it is possible to find them. I find it somewhat strange how quite a few folks on this site classify themselves by using someone's name in the description (Ruckman to use the example from your thread). I thought we are all following God here, not men. I understand the connection with certain pastors/theologians/writers with whom we agree, but there seems to be a unusually large amount of identification with men. This is somewhat baffling to me.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
I was once saved as a youth. I was raised in a Christian home, My parents were Baptist and as I grow older, I started to hate church. I couldn't run with my friends.
I left the church for 30 some years. I believed in God, but not the rules one was to follow.
I checked out a few different doctrines, and found faults with them according to what I remembered.
As Christ would have it, I ended up in a Baptist church.
Reconfirmed my faith, joined the church.
Love the Lord with all my heart
and a happy man.
Good for you and welcome to the forum brother!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
I find it somewhat strange how quite a few folks on this site classify themselves by using someone's name in the description (Ruckman to use the example from your thread). I thought we are all following God here, not men. I understand the connection with certain pastors/theologians/writers with whom we agree, but there seems to be a unusually large amount of identification with men. This is somewhat baffling to me.
I know what you mean but I have been on other forums where there seems to be an unusually large amount of identification with the Alexandrian Cult, and I am far more comfortable here where they know what a Bible is and they don't try to correct it. Yes I agree my friend, following men can sometimes be a problem but I wouldn't worry too much about it here, (unless you start seeing references to Obamanites!)
Old 03-18-2009, 02:36 PM

Bro. Parrish, thanks for the reply, and I agree about the Obamanites. That would be truly scary!

It sure would be great if the sheeple woke up from their long slumber, but until and unless they have THE foundation of Christ in their lives, it won't mean much.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Banned Post

Quote:

Thanks for the link Bro. Parrish! Considering what you wrote in your thread, it looks like those posts would be removed, but maybe it serves a point by having them on the site. I guess I'll have to see the posts that led to their banning myself, if it is possible to find them. I find it somewhat strange how quite a few folks on this site classify themselves by using someone's name in the description (Ruckman to use the example from your thread). I thought we are all following God here, not men. I understand the connection with certain pastors/theologians/writers with whom we agree, but there seems to be a unusually large amount of identification with men. This is somewhat baffling to me.
It is useful to have the post left in, not everyone has the time to read all of the post here if they have recently joined. On several ocassions members have been pointed to some of the threads and repetition was avoided.

Complete threads have been deleated, on ocassion.

If only some post were deleated (like the ones posted by people that were banned) it would leave a void in the thread.

Our administrator has been very fair with his dealings with the members. As you can see, we do not all see eye to eye. I am glad our Heavenly Father will straighten us out when we meet face to face.

Aloha,
Renee
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I am glad our Heavenly Father will straighten us out when we meet face to face.
A fearful thought indeed!

Quote:
2 Peter 3:11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Old 03-19-2009, 10:27 PM

Real warm welcomes for us newbies .. thankyou all.

I have spotted a thread on mystisism that interests me and will have to read that.Don't panic!...I just want to pick your brains to have real answers against the practise, for two people who are into it and trying to encourage others to join them.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:04 PM

Welcome, be blessed.