General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Stephanos are you married?
Nope, but I have a copy of the Holy Bible and a two parents that have made their marriage work. I've also seen numerous couples go through what MrSmith is going through. I've seen how some made it through the difficulties, and how some didn't.

Chette777, your ad hominem is counter productive here. If the words I shared with MrSmith are in error, then please advise. If not...

Quote:
the point of counseling is to get a mediator. That way they can talk without arguing, screaming, and fighting.
I understand the point of counseling. I'm not completely against it (though I, like Pastor David Peacock, don't think it's a pastors job), I just believe that it might be counter-productive at this point in there relationship.

This is addressed to MrSmith; if you do decide to go ahead with "counceling" perhaps it would be wise to keep it within your home. Have a good Bible believing pastor come to your home for dinner or what have you, and then take it to the couch for a "mediated" discussion.

But you see, here's the issue that I've been trying to get at. MrSmith hasn't been attending church. He doesn't have a strong relationship with a Bible believing pastor at the moment. This is one of the reasons I suggested he get involved in a church. Not only would it allow this sort of relationship to develop, it might just open a future door for his wife to get to know some of the ladies at the church who could help her understand her husband ^_^.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 02-12-2009 at 05:44 PM.