General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 AM

Default Fake healers revisited

http://www.worldrevivalchurch.com/index.php
Watch the video in the upper right corner.

Notice when scrolling down,the lower left the word DONATE,can't miss it.

I had seen the last few minutes of the program on daystar last night,people where going up front,shaking like they were having seizures and falling down. OH BOY,more slain in the spirit non-sense. At the end of the program he spoke of money twice.

Be aware of these Fake healers! Copeland has a new healing budddy.
OH,how people are being decieved,its sad.

Notice Steve Gray never had a Bible in his hand.

People are looking for something in these troubled times, (God) but not finding him.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-28-2009, 07:26 AM

Unbelieveable!

http://www.worldrevivalchurch.com/media/more_videos.php

Using the arrow at the right of video,scroll to your left,check out Video titled God's fire pushes out hindrances,fear and pain

Like sheep to the slaughter.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:18 AM

I think it's sad and reminds me of the verse:

Mark 6:34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things

The video "9 Year-Old Struck with the Anointing!" is disturbing. I cannot imagine what effect these experiences have on such a young and impressionable child. Not good.

I think we have to have compassion on Charismatics and try to lead them out of their error.

Back in the 80's I worked with a devout Charismatic. He knew I was a believer and we spoke of God and the Bible often. He used to ridicule my church saying, "Oh, you Baptists, you go out drinking and sinning Saturday night and then come to church on Sunday!" I told him while my church was in no way perfect, that it was full of good and sincere people, and things like this did not go on. He would tell me that his church members couldn't sin, because they had the Holy Spirit on them. I used to assure him that his church members were human and sinned on occasion.

His church had some strange rules. They could not go out in public or into another person's home unless they were accompanied by 7 church members (I have no idea why they came up with that number). On Sunday's they had a large screen drop down and they watched Jimmy Swaggart. Shortly thereafter, Jimmy Swaggart had his famous sex scandal. My friend was absolutely crushed and disillusioned by this. He fell into a great depression and quit church. I am not sure what happened to him after that.

These folks are looking for answers, they need to know the Word of God.

My biggest concern with Charismatics is that they teach that a person has to maintain good works to keep their salvation. I knew another fellow who insisted the people in his church had become holy and no longer sinned. I told him that was impossible and asked if he thought he could go just one day without sinning. He said, "oh, that's easy! I can easily go a day without sinning!"

I told him, "You just blew it, the Bible says boasting is a sin. You just boasted, so you just sinned". Man, did he get angry!

Last edited by Winman; 02-28-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:58 PM

Yeah, my heart really breaks for these people as well. They are so confused and misguided. Not only that but they're nearly impossible to witness to. I haven't had any success in my witness with these charismaniacs. I think the biggest problem with them is that they as a whole are ignorant when it comes to The Book. People who are in the Word everyday aren't as easily fooled as folks that are getting the words of men in place of God's Word. This is why they become so disillusioned when folks like that pervert Swaggert turns out to be a faggot. They just can't understand how one of thise "godly men" can do such a thing. The people need Jesus, and they need His Word. Not only that but they need our prayers.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-01-2009, 08:29 AM

I have family members who are into this charismatic movement. A uncle who just started attending a Pentecostal church,spoke to me about being slain in the spirit,a cousin who was explaining to me how to speak in tongues and that in order to heal, you have to be extremely close to God. Well,how much closer can you be,when a saved person like myself ,who has accepted the Lord into my heart,has the Holy Spirit dwelling within you.

Like you said Stephen,It is very difficult, almost impossible to witness to them.
Winman,it is definately disturbing to see that child. Those people will not listen to Biblical doctrine,it is harder to reach someone who has religion.
I can pray for them and speak to them,but all of the time spent with them chasing your tail,could be spent speaking to others who are more receptive.
Th JW's that have visited me about 5 times this year,Do not hear what you say about Jesus,but skew the issue with Jehovah. I have told them about salvation,they choose to not listen,but to push there religion. Pray for them,Speak to them,give them a tract and send them on there way.

Matthew 10v14: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Mark 6v11:
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:09 PM

Jeremy
Just had a JW at my door the other day, duh, never thought about giving them a tract. Thank you I will keep some by the door for just such occasions. They do not like to hear what a Fundamental Bible beleiving Baptist has to say, that is for sure.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:35 PM

Default Tracks

I have some track tidled God's last name is not Damm.
Friends, how many times have you heard those word spoken.
In anger or casual conversation,the words cuts deep into the soul.
Just think, he sent his son to die on the cross for someone that uses his name as a curse word..
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 AM

Sorry, I got off main subject. So here's two very good web sights you can go to, about Faith Healers

http://www.christianresearchservice....ideos_Page.htm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.christianresearchservice....searchPage.htm