Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Bro. Parrish

Default Two Faced Donald Fires Miss California

I've never been a fan of beauty pageants, but maybe next time they should just put Mr. Trump and Perez Hilton in dresses and be done with it...

California beauty queen shocked by firing
On NBC's "Today" show, Prejean, a student at San Diego Christian College, explained what went through her mind when pageant judge Perez Hilton, an openly homosexual celebrity gossip blogger, asked her about same-sex marriage:

"I knew at that moment after I answered the question, I knew, I was not going to win because of my answer, because I had spoken from my heart, from my beliefs and for my God," she said. "I wouldn't have answered it differently. The way I answered may have been offensive. With that question specifically, it's not about being politically correct. For me it was being biblically correct."
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...&pageId=100797
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-13-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
I've never been a fan of beauty pageants, but maybe next time they should just put Mr. Trump and Perez Hilton in dresses and be done with it...

California beauty queen shocked by firing
On NBC's "Today" show, Prejean, a student at San Diego Christian College, explained what went through her mind when pageant judge Perez Hilton, an openly homosexual celebrity gossip blogger, asked her about same-sex marriage:

"I knew at that moment after I answered the question, I knew, I was not going to win because of my answer, because I had spoken from my heart, from my beliefs and for my God," she said. "I wouldn't have answered it differently. The way I answered may have been offensive. With that question specifically, it's not about being politically correct. For me it was being biblically correct."
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...&pageId=100797
Yes Brother Parrish I agree with you. I used to watch the Apprentice but may stop watching it now. Carrie Prejean physical beauty is only match by her Spiritual Beauty, she is definitely a virteous woman(Proverbs 31:10)
She took a stand for God and may God richly bless her in Jesus name.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Bro. Parrish

You make a good point, she did take a stand and will probably do better as a result of this.

Let's face it; Prajean was hacked and canned, NOT for stating that homosexality is wrong for everyone, NOT for quoting Romans Chapter 1, NOT for attacking the activist himself, but simply for replying that SHE thought marriage should be reserved for a man and a woman. This is the same view held by presidents of the United States, however this is now an unacceptable view in the eyes of radical homosexual activists. The issue is redefining marriage and family.

Incidentally, now that marriage has begun to be redefined by states, we see exactly what traditional marriage advocates predicted; Polygamists are already demanding multi-sex marriages under the law:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100287

The pink agendists are rapidly moving into the public schools with their goal of promoting this behavior on our kids. We have moved beyond tolerance to promotion, and that includes the NEA. And if you are not willing to promote it, you are considered a hater. Last week, as Obama proclaimed June as "LGBT Month," I was reminded that the agenda of these activists is already at work in education and government and has far more sweeping implications for all of us, and whatever values we may hold, more here...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100678

http://www.fww.org/famnews/10192000f.htm

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100709

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=99294

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=84310
Old 06-13-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Carrie Prejean physical beauty is only match by her Spiritual Beauty, she is definitely a virteous woman.
I'm sorry, folks, but I have a real problem with seeing virtue while at the same time watching a clip of this young woman prancing and jiggling in front of everyone in "severely less than modest" apparel to gain a crown for her physical beauty. I have a problem with a woman who has her figure "enhanced" purely for the purpose of getting the attention of every male within sight. That she was willing to speak her mind and stick by her beliefs is honorable, but "virtuous" is far more than that.

But maybe it is just me.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Bro. Parrish

Bro. Tim, yes I agree with you, not sure that word "virtue" applies here either.
That's why I stated up front I've never been a fan of beauty pageants.

However, I have found over the years that the easiest thing for me to do is judge others for their vocation or actions. The girl is a professional model. Maybe now she can "go and sin no more," but to me the issue is not about her. It's about the unfair treatment bestowed upon anyone who DARES say something about homosexual agendas—or in this case just something about a man and a woman in marriage. And this goes way beyond beauty contests, it's in the classrooms, the workplace, the government. You can throw stones at the woman if you want, I agree with you there is no redeeming value to the contest, but that's really not the issue. I hope you can see past the bathing suit and understand my point. I think the last thing she needs now is Christians joining the homosexuals in bashing her.

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 06-13-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:27 AM

I don't intend to "bash" Miss Prajean. We do not know enough of the story to judge whether or not her firing was justified. It does appear that there is an agenda to fire her for her remarks by the California committee using a manufactured excuse, but we may not have all the facts. I just cannot allow a post that compares her to the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31 to go unanswered. Had that not been posted, I would have remained silent on the matter.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Bro. Parrish

National Organization for Marriage

The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) is a nonprofit organization with a mission to protect marriage and the faith communities that sustain it.

Founded in 2007 in response to the growing need for an organized opposition to same-sex marriage in state legislatures, NOM serves as a national resource for marriage-related initiatives at the state and local level. For decades, pro-family organizations have educated the public about the importance of marriage and the family, but have lacked the organized, national presence needed to impact state and local politics in a coordinated and sustained fashion. NOM seeks to fill that void, organizing as a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization, giving it the flexibility to lobby and support marriage initiatives across the nation.

Consistent with its 501(c)(4) nonprofit status, NOM works to develop political messaging, build its national grassroots email database of voters, and provide political intelligence and donor infrastructure on the state level, with a focus on developing new strategies for increasing influence in the Northeast and West Coast, where marriage is most under threat.

National Organization for Marriage website:
http://www.nationformarriage.org/sit....BEC6/Home.htm

DOMA Challenged in Federal Court...

On Wednesday, March 3rd, more than a dozen same-sex couples from Massachusetts filed a lawsuit in federal district court challenging the constitutionality of the federal Defense of Marriage Act, arguing that DOMA unconstitutionally deprives same-sex couples of the rights and responsibilities accorded married couples under federal law.

In waiting until after the Bush administration left office to file the lawsuit, gay marriage activists are seeking to take advantage of the Obama administration's public opposition to DOMA. They're hoping that Attorney General Holder and the Department of Justice will take their side, leaving the pro-marriage views of most Americans virtually unrepresented.

We need to remind President Obama and Attorney General Holder that they have a constitutional duty to defend the laws of the United States, despite their own personal views.

Please take a minute today to send an email to President Obama and Attorney General Holder, urging them to make sure that DOMA receives a full, fair, and vigorous defense against the charges being brought by Massachusetts gay marriage activists. Click here to get started!

Welcome to DomaDefenseFund.com!

We invite you to stand with millions of Americans in support of the Defense of Marriage Act, which is under attack from gay marriage activists. In the wake of repeated setbacks at the ballot box, and with an increasingly receptive audience in Washington, gay marriage advocates are now seeking to impose same-sex marriage on the entire nation with a single stroke of the pen.

Last September, President Barack Obama told the Washington Blade: "I have long been on record opposing DOMA, and an Obama-Biden administration will work hard to ensure that we can pass a repeal of that law as soon as possible." And within minutes of his inauguration, the White House website had been updated to reflect President Obama's radical agenda regarding DOMA.

It's DOMA that prevents four judges in Massachusetts from imposing same-sex marriage on the entire nation. It's DOMA that protects the right of 45 states to enforce their own marriage laws instead of the law handed down by a narrow majority of the Connecticut court. And it's DOMA on which gay marriage activists have now set their sights -- seeking to turn back our legislative victories over the past decade in one fell swoop.
http://www.domadefensefund.com/site/....BEFB/Home.htm
Old 06-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I don't intend to "bash" Miss Prajean. We do not know enough of the story to judge whether or not her firing was justified. It does appear that there is an agenda to fire her for her remarks by the California committee using a manufactured excuse, but we may not have all the facts. I just cannot allow a post that compares her to the virtuous woman of Proverbs 31 to go unanswered. Had that not been posted, I would have remained silent on the matter.
No problem, I understand completely.
And here we have the words that started the storm, Prejean was asked by pageant judge Perez Hilton whether she believed every U.S. state should legalize same-sex marriage...

"Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one way or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. You know what, in my country, in my family, I do believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman, no offense to anybody out there. But that’s how I was raised and I believe that it should be between a man and a woman." - Carrie Prajean 2009
Old 06-14-2009, 03:51 PM

Default Miss California Fired

One thing I noticed in the TV report of Donald Trump firing Miss California was that he said she was neglecting her contractual duties as the holder of that title, but he didn't mention any specific case of her not showing up for an appearance or not doing a good job once there. It sounds to me like a lot of pressure was put on "The Donald" to do the firing and no one could even think up an acceptable lie to justify the act.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:32 AM

Default " The Donald "

I have to say that Trump has enough money to say or do as he wishes.
I think he put his pageant ahead of morals, to please his judges. Prezz Hilton, or what ever said people all booed her answer. I didn't hear any boo's
I think that the girl may have been trying to advance her modeling, in a unchristian area. Being young and having the wrong leaders to help her.