Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
John1717

Default God's perfect word a matter of interpretation?

This is a reply I received yesterday when trying to discuss God's PERFECT Word... The respondent said, "it's a matter of interpretation.."

I presented this,

2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

He came back...

Quote:
God gave me quite a brain and I use it and God encourages me with private interpretation, in fact, private new creative interpretation. No way will I ever waste my time with a 2,000 year old five times translated in five different languages with other writers who had their own agenda when they wrote and translated that book. I speak to God every day and it's a very good relationship and I am a very articulate thinker with brains given to me by God. I don't allow my brain to be lock stepped into anyone's idea of what I must or must not think or believe.
Blessings on those who KNOW the TRUTH of God's Perfect Holy Word, and remember, it is because HE taught us the truth that we know the truth

An FYI, the respondent writes a column at News With Views

In the service of the TRUTH, the LIVING WORD, JESUS CHRIST,
Craig
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-01-2008, 06:53 PM
John1717

Default that book

Quote:
No way will I ever waste my time with that book
Isaiah 34:16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read

1Samuel 9:27...stand thou still a while, that I may shew thee the word of God.

Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:00 PM
John1717

Default men are sheep

Quote:
I don't allow my brain to be lock stepped into anyone's idea of what I must or must not think or believe.
He doesn't know it, but he is "lock stepped" into the will of his father the DEVIL!

Men use their 'free will' to be free from GOD'S WILL.

Think not?

Men are likened to sheep, they FOLLOW, they follow EVIL, til GOD intervenes...

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him

Men follow, whether they follow evil, or good, they follow.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it
Old 02-01-2008, 08:44 PM
rebelyell

Hey John, new member here. I was shocked in the reply that you quoted, at the willful disregard for God's word as preserved in the AV1611. I thank Him daily for revealing to me that it is His perfectly preserved word that He promised to keep from this generation forever according to Psalm 12:6,7. This forum is a breath of fresh air amid the stench of perverted translations. Best to you all...
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Lively Stone

Hello Brother John:

I am really excited about a forum where Gods true Word has a voice to respond to people like you presented above. I believe your answer was very appropriate. God has put before us a spirit of truth and a spirit of error. We are in a war against powers and principalities in high places.

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Gods will be done and not ours.

Danny
Old 02-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Graceismine

There was a saying years ago, "Crucify your brain and become a Christian". I praise God that He left me with my brain. All that needs to be done is to "renew my mind". Where did I get that idea from? The Bible of course .............. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

He obviously doesn't know ( since he doesn't read the Bible) that he needs to have his mind renewed so that it can line up with the Word of God.

I shudder to think what would happen if I ever decided to go along with ideas that might float into my brain even though it is alive and well. (I think!) ........

Grace
Old 02-02-2008, 07:08 AM
jerry

That is sad! What a sorry lack of regard for what God actually said in His Word - and an ignorance of preservation and translation of God's Word.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:40 PM
kjndds

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. They are
are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none
that doeth good.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the
Word was God.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

How do we know what the commandments of God are? Are they revealed to us through interpretation, or via the Word of God? If we deny the unaltered, incorruptable, unpreverted Word of God are we not then denying the Lord Jesus Christ himself? Is the person who does this not a fool? Let's look at the modern translations for a second? What does God's Word say about removing one jot or tittle? These versions have removed thousands of words and altered the meaning of the true Word of God. Right out of Satan's playbook. Those that promote the modern translations are forms of little anti-christs. Did not Satan deceive Eve in the garden by getting her to doubt God's Word. What better way to get people to doubt God's Word than by having a bunch of versions that have errors and contradict one another. False witnesses, just like those that testified at our Lord's trial.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
fundy

Default "That book"??

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

News Flash!!........God was talking to Paul all the time as well!!....how come he recieved a different message to you??

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Peter must have been a liar, I suppose?? you are being moved by something, but its not the Holy Ghost.