General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 PM

Default My (brief) testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Welcome, Harley!

How about sharing your testimony? Please?
I was six years old and my mother - at the time a Catholic - and we were attending an Independent, Fundamental Baptist Church in Southern California and needless to say the only Bible I ever knew existed was the King James Bible. The language was not too difficult for me, in school I was required to read from the "McGuffey Readers", I digress.

I do not remember all of the details; I only remember being terribly sorry one night and according to my mother inconsolable over the fact that Jesus died and that He died for me. He was the Son of God, and He died for me. He was perfect and without sin and He suffered horribly and died for me. Like the thief who hung next to Him, I believed then and know today that he is my Lord and Savior. My mother led me in the "Sinners Prayer" according to the custom and practice of that particular church and the next Sunday I asked to be baptised.

Do I believe that if I were to die today that I would be in heaven? Yes, without question or doubt.

Do I believe the Bible? Yes, without question or doubt.

How do I know ? I know because the Bible tells me so and because I just know. I once new a woman who used to say “I know it in my “know-er””. I know this to be true just as I know the sky is blue.

Last edited by Harley; 12-08-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: deleting HTML tags
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-08-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I was six years old and my mother - at the time a Catholic - and we were attending an Independent, Fundamental Baptist Church in Southern California and needless to say the only Bible I ever knew existed was the King James Bible. The language was not too difficult for me, in school I was required to read from the "McGuffey Readers", I digress.

I do not remember all of the details; I only remember being terribly sorry one night and according to my mother inconsolable over the fact that Jesus died and that He died for me. He was the Son of God, and He died for me. He was perfect and without sin and He suffered horribly and died for me. Like the thief who hung next to Him, I believed then and know today that he is my Lord and Savior. My mother led me in the "Sinners Prayer" according to the custom and practice of that particular church and the next Sunday I asked to be baptised.

Do I believe that if I were to die today that I would be in heaven? Yes, without question or doubt.

How do I know ? I know because the Bible tells me so and because I just know. I once new a woman who used to say “I know it in my “know-er””. I know this to be true just as I know the sky is blue.
Now that is simplicity in Christ, and how it should be! I love it.

Thanks for the testimony Bro. Harley.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Yes, this is good Harley. Thank you for sharing. Also, I hope you will come to see that pirates are way cooler than ninjas.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 12-09-2008, 06:58 AM

Pirates are nasty, stinky rapscallions that murder, plunder and pillage for personal gain.

Ninjas have honor. And cooler swords!

Welcome, Bro. Harley!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I know because the Bible tells me so and because I just know. I once new a woman who used to say “I know it in my “know-er””. I know this to be true just as I know the sky is blue.[/COLOR]
Welcome Brother Harley.
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:

"I know it in my 'know-er'"............that's the same way I know the KJV1611 is God's word and final authority!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Keep it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Welcome Brother Harley.
1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Exactly. I find it hard to explain those who simply do not understand. I did not have some obvious life-changing experience as some have had, although since then I have had many. My experience was certainly life-changing:
2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Ga 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
What I continue to marvel at is the fact that I did not struggle to believe, it seemed very easy for me, perhaps because I was a child:
Mr 10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
And that is what I still share today, this simple but eternally profound instruction (emphasis mine):
Ac 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Peace,
Harley