Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
timothy

Default UFOs...

Ok, over the past month, I've read posts, especially in the Ruckman thread about some posters saying they don't believe in UFOs and questioning Ruckman's position on UFOs... I am not aware of Ruckman's position on UFOs because I haven't rea dthat material yet and would like but I do know my own position and it is this:

I believe in UFOS... as a Satan deploy to distract people away from the Lord questioning the creation account... Satan is after all the prince of power of the air now (can't find that verse right now but I know it's in there...) 2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." So with that verse in mind, just as Satan can fake an apparition of Virgin Mary, can he not fake an apparition of UFOs?

or... it could be something that God allows people to see because they rather believe a lie than a truth...

2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:"

People does tend to be so blind to the truth that they'd rather believe there are UFOs out there than that God had created men in the image of God which some, who profess to believe in UFOs, would tell you that's high minded. (Yet, at the same time, say nothing of the New Agers who say god is in each of us... note the lower case g by the way...)

Then again, there's the flying roll of Zechariah 5:1-4

"1. Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold
a flying roll.
2. And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a
flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten
cubits.
3. Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over
the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as
on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as
on that side according to it.
4. I will bring it forth, saith the LORD of hosts, and it shall
enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth
falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall
consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof."
(Zechariah 5:1-4)

My point is this: as long as Satan is in control of the world, he will do anything at all, UFOs sightings, Virgin Mary apparition, or any kind of image at all, to make people doubt God and The Book. That right there is the whole point of the little green me. If you see one, shoot it.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 04-19-2008, 10:31 PM

A U.F.O. in it's own terminology is simply an unidentified flying object. Everybody believes in them. If we're talking about slimy, green men, that's a different story.

In Zech. 5, the object is identified, yet that is not always the case in scripture. Try II Sam. 5:24 - something is going above the mulberry trees.

Dr. Ruckman has done extensive research into the accounts of u.f.o. sightings, and has been impressed at the "caliber" of people making claims. His conclusions yield airline pilots, high ranking military personnel, and others of distinguished reputation are now doped up in a loony ward for some unexplained reasons.

He takes a biblical stance on everything, and therefore determined these aren't necessarily "aliens from outer space" (as the lost would view), but perhaps rather some form of interterrestrial devilment. He has plenty to say and speculate on the matter, but all in all I love how he aims to see everything in the light of the Book.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 AM

Well, that is what makes Ruckman a "Ruckman". I like him. He's a fallible man that preaches and teaches the Infallible Book!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:47 AM
jerry

Can't remember any little green men or alien ducks in the Bible. What chapter was that in?
Old 04-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Connie

I do believe that there are some kind of phenomena that some people see and that get called UFOs, that are the work of demons. I believe they are an illusion created to deceive. Some Christian teachers, for instance Scott Johnson whose studies are at Sermon Audio.com, believe they are increasing as we approach the last days because they will play a part in the Antichrist's deception. Some of his teachings are pretty far out but if the Antichrist is going to be able to do signs and wonders that truly dazzle the world, and nearly deceive the elect, we should be willing to consider the possibility of satanic tricks well beyond our usual expectations.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:53 AM
timothy

No ever said there were little green men in the Book... I simply stated if you see one, shoot 'em...

I'm just trying to get a good discussion out of this subject, nothing else...

Connie, I completely agree with you. A ploy by Satan and if you were to check out www.ufomaps.com you'd see that there are sightings all over the country, especially around California, Ohio, Florida, and Texas...

Last edited by timothy; 04-20-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:01 PM
jerry

Ruckman teaches that there are all kinds of extraterrestials, including aliens that look like ducks.

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/peterr...daffyduck.html
Old 04-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Connie

Wow, thanks for that link to David Cloud's page on Ruckman. Seems to me the man BELIEVES all the illusions the demons are creating, plus maybe a few of his own invention.

Thanks, timothy, there are too many sightings to dismiss as people hallucinating. SOMETHING is going on. I read a book by a UFO expert some years ago (somebody Vallee, not a Christian) that argued that reports of these things are similar to the stories of fairies and leprechauns and other spirit creatures, that keep up with the technology of the age they occur in, and he thinks they are some kind of spiritual deception! And he's not even a believer.

Last edited by Connie; 04-20-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Connie

Jacques F. Vallee. I just looked him up. There's a Wikipedia article on him that describes his thinking on this subject.

Quote:
In the mid-1960s, like many other UFO researchers, Vallée initially attempted to validate the popular Extraterrestrial Hypothesis (or ETH). Leading UFO researcher Jerome Clark[4] argues that Vallée's first two UFO books were among the most scientifically sophisticated defenses of the ETH ever mounted.

However, by 1969, Vallée's conclusions had changed, and he publicly stated that the ETH was too narrow and ignored too much data. Vallée began exploring the commonalities between UFOs, cults, religious movements, angels, ghosts, cryptid sightings, and psychic phenomena. These links were first detailed in Vallee's third UFO book, Passport to Magonia: From Folklore to Flying Saucers.

As an alternative to the extraterrestrial visitation hypothesis, Vallée has suggested a multidimensional visitation hypothesis. This hypothesis represents an extension of the ETH where the alleged extraterrestrials could be potentially from anywhere. The entities could be multidimensional beyond space-time, and thus could coexist with humans, yet remain undetected.

Vallée's opposition to the popular ETH hypothesis was not well received by mainstream U.S. ufologists, hence he was viewed as something of an outcast. Indeed, Vallée refers to himself as a "heretic among heretics".

Vallée's opposition to the ETH theory is summarised in his paper, "Five Arguments Against the Extraterrestrial Origin of Unidentified Flying Objects," Journal of Scientific Exploration, 1990:

"Scientific opinion has generally followed public opinion in the belief that unidentified flying objects either do not exist (the "natural phenomena hypothesis") or, if they do, must represent evidence of a visitation by some advanced race of space travellers (the extraterrestrial hypothesis or "ETH"). It is the view of the author that research on UFOs need not be restricted to these two alternatives. On the contrary, the accumulated data base exhibits several patterns tending to indicate that UFOs are real, represent a previously unrecognized phenomenon, and that the facts do not support the common concept of "space visitors." Five specific arguments articulated here contradict the ETH:
  1. unexplained close encounters are far more numerous than required for any physical survey of the earth;
  2. the humanoid body structure of the alleged "aliens" is not likely to have originated on another planet and is not biologically adapted to space travel;
  3. the reported behavior in thousands of abduction reports contradicts the hypothesis of genetic or scientific experimentation on humans by an advanced race;
  4. the extension of the phenomenon throughout recorded human history demonstrates that UFOs are not a contemporary phenomenon;
  5. and the apparent ability of UFOs to manipulate space and time suggests radically different and richer alternatives."
He hasn't figured out that it's a satanic deception but at least he's arguing with the people who think it's extraterrestrials.

Last edited by Connie; 04-20-2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Ruckman teaches that there are all kinds of extraterrestials, including aliens that look like ducks.

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/peterr...daffyduck.html
Have you read his book on this subject?