Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:47 AM
1611isperfect

Exclamation There Is No Such Thing As "slain In The Spirit"

YOU STUPID TONGUE-TALKERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT" !!!

http://bible-believers.phpbb3now.com...php?f=15&t=143
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-13-2008, 04:26 PM

I would appreciate it, "1611isperfect", if you could tone down the rhetoric. Your subject line will not cause weaker, unlearned brethren to be brought to knowledge. It only serves to cause greater offense.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:18 PM
1611isperfect

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I would appreciate it, "1611isperfect", if you could tone down the rhetoric. Your subject line will not cause weaker, unlearned brethren to be brought to knowledge. It only serves to cause greater offense.
"Stupid" is only the modern equivalent of the word, "fool". Just as Jesus used.

In fact, if you look up 'stupid' in the websters 1828 (which is what I did before I started using it), it specifically says "a foolish person".

If Jesus were around today, and he wandered into a church where things like this were going on he would definately say something, and it would probably include, "you people are stupid, and you can't even see what you're doing".
Or... the Elizabethian English version: "Ye fools, and blind".

Btw- I'm not just trying to be obtuse here. Have you even watched the videos yet?
Old 06-13-2008, 05:53 PM

You should have then left your original wording,
Quote:
Here are a few people that are [deceived] into thinking this TRASH is actually REAL! They are deceived.
Being deceived is not the same as being a fool or stupid. It is truly sad that believers who otherwise acknowledge Jesus Christ as their LORD and Saviour can be deceived into this false activity, but they are NOT fools. Remember the stern warning that the LORD Jesus gave about calling another believer a fool. A fool is one who rejects the very existence of God. Elevate your speech.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611isperfect View Post
YOU STUPID TONGUE-TALKERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT" !!!

http://bible-believers.phpbb3now.com...php?f=15&t=143
Aloha brother,

I appreciate your "zeal" for the Lord, but on the other hand, in this case I believe it is misplaced.

WHO on this Forum are you addressing? Or WHO on this Forum are you trying to teach, inform or edify? Or WHO on this Forum are you trying to warn, admonish, reprove, or rebuke? Just exactly WHO did you address this "message" to?

If you will check out my posts you will find that I do not hesitate to stand up for the Holy words of God or for those men who have defended it these many years. I have not "shied-away" from taking on those people who have come to this Forum who, I believe, have attacked the Scriptures; or who, have unjustly maligned, falsely charged, or defamed brethren who have defended the Scriptures; or who, have unjustly attacked other people on the Forum; or who, have embraced clear & evident "heresy".

On the other hand, I do not just "flail out" in all directions and loosely get in to "name-calling" (i.e. "stupid") without being very "specific", such as: "Humanist", "Sophist", "Compromiser", "Carnal", "Backbiter", "Railer", "False Accuser", "Blasphemer", "Heretic", "Reprobate", "Wolves", etc., etc. - I'm sure you get the idea. (It is far more "effective" to be specific, than to just brand people as being "stupid").

1 Corinthians 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

One last thing - I doubt very much that there are very many people on this Forum that put much stock in the "Charasmatic" nonsense you pointed out. In other words you are basically "preaching to the choir". So, what was the purpose of your post, if most (if not all) of us here on this Forum are already very much aware of what goes on in some Charasmatic circles?

Are we to condemn all Charasmatics (Pentacostals), because some of them participate in wild behavior - "snake handling", "fainting", screaming, babbling, etc. - that is clearly not Biblical? Are we to condemn them all because they have embraced false doctrine? Are we ever going to be able to persuade any of them of the false doctrine they have embraced if we call them "Stupid"? I trow not!

There is a time and place to "persuade" (teaching & convincing); there is a time and a place to "contend" (warning & admonishing); and there is a time and place to "condemn" (reproving & rebuking). I do not believe that this is the "time" or the "place" for your post - especially since it was not directed at anyone in particular.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:37 PM
look3467

Rom 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Because some of us don't have a clearer understanding of things in the bible, we tend to be over zealous in our approach
to defending our beliefs, even though they could be not quite right.

And if we look at history, over overzealous attitudes have made victims pay some serious consequences.

Peace>>>AJ
Old 06-14-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
we tend to be over zealous in our approach
to defending our beliefs, even though they could be not quite right.
Like you not believing that sinners go to Hell. And then continually posting in a forum about the BIBLE.

I need to make sure that I am not drinking coffee or milk while reading your posts sometimes, Look. I can always count on you for a good chuckle, though.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:36 PM
look3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Like you not believing that sinners go to Hell. And then continually posting in a forum about the BIBLE.

I need to make sure that I am not drinking coffee or milk while reading your posts sometimes, Look. I can always count on you for a good chuckle, though.
Well, if but a chuckle, then your safe.

Because there is the interpretation of hell being a real place doesn't mean that there can not be an opposite interpretation of hell not being a real place.

Because one interprets the bible one way does not mean the bible is not open to other interpretations.

I bring a different view of the same bible and one whose foundation is Christ.

I was brought up in the Southern Baptist traditions along with their views.

So, I am not foreign to what you state.

But you are foreign to what I state because you haven't heard of my views except on here.

There is more to God then what we have been thought simply by looking into His word to find answers.

If we are open to understanding the scope of Gods works rather then understanding only what mankind thinks should be Gods works, then we can see through a glass darkly clearly.

Peace>>>AJ
Old 06-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Forum Administrator

If this thread didn't already have some good replies in it, I would have deleted it.

1611isperfect, you need to dial it down a few notches.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:59 PM

I've been talking to this pentecostal guy on my forum and I have showed him verse after verse trying to explain to him that tongues are not for today. I'm going to show you some of his responses to what one of my members said. Please give your thoughts.

Quote:
1 Cor. 1:22 is taken completely out of context. Read the entire passage, and you won't see tongues listed anywhere. Instead, the passage is saying that the Word is not wordly wisdom.

1 Cor. 14:22 says nonbelievers, not Jews. To say it means Jews is private interpretation, because ITS NOT THERE!

And Exodus 4:8...

8: And it shall come to pass, if they will not believe thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first sign, that they will believe the voice of the latter sign.

refers to Exodus 7:6-13

6: And Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded them, so did they.
7: And Moses was fourscore years old, and Aaron fourscore and three years old, when they spake unto Pharoah.
8: And the Lord spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
9: When Pharoah shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharoah, and it shall become a serpent.
10: And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharoah, and they did so as the Lord had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharoah, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.
11: Then Pharoah also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.
12: For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents; but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.
13: And he hardened Pharoah's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

OK, NOW... do you see what Exodus 4:8 is referring to? You take verses out of context and expect me to think that your "rightly dividing the Word of God?"

Come on, give me some other verses to back your claim. Remember, study closely what this guy said in his argument, and the verses he used: He has a pretty solid defense.

I never knew that the Holy Spirit and His works were only a sign to the Jews. Why don't you use your brain and find me a scripture that says that tongues actually ceased after the Jews rejected Stephen's message? You can't.
I think it's pretty obvious to look back at the Old Testament and see that the Jews required a sign. What do you guys think?