General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:27 PM

(psst...Tony... read between the lines in posts #5 and #9 and then look at my last name. )
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 PM

oh the typeO

God has his way of keeping us all humble
Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 PM

Its not a typo,(here comes sarcasm) its that old archaic, outdated, poorly rendered, "they did the best with what they had", baby sprinkling, Elizebethan/King's English. Its superior to modern English syntax, don't you know?

Genesis 5:1-2
1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

No typo.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
(psst...Tony... read between the lines in posts #5 and #9 and then look at my last name. )
Old 05-15-2009, 01:46 PM

That picture brought a laugh. Thanks. (I enjoy my cats... and dog... and etc)
Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Ed Edwards

Gen 1:10 (KJV1611 Edition, e-sword.com edition):
And God called the drie land, Earth, and the gathering together of the waters called hee, Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Here 'hee' is a pronoun refering bask to the noun 'God'.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:29 PM

Smile Thanks!!

All of your comments were so helpful. Thanks! It has been so long since I read from a KJV that I consider carefully what it was saying. I'm used to NIV and New American Standard.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0239 View Post
All of your comments were so helpful. Thanks! It has been so long since I read from a KJV that I consider carefully what it was saying. I'm used to NIV and New American Standard.
No problem, I used to have a tough time with the King's english too. Many Christians today have developed a taste for garbage, but when they get a real Bible they soon forget about the others and are rewarded with a greater understanding of God's Word.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:27 PM

Steve,

I never read a KJV until 2003. I was an avid Bible studier and always had questions as to why one version said this and another that. I would end up in commentaries and Hebrew and Greek dictionaries trying to figure it all out. It was all so confusing.

One day a friend ask me to read a KJV and gave me a copy. I prayed God if you can show me some truth from this version I am open. From the first book in Genesis to the Revelation God opened my eyes to many truths and from that day forth I have bee reading and studying the KJV without any of the study tools except concordance.

I found a good English dictionary the Webster's unabridged in Sword Searcher is great. I am still looking for an unabridged Cambridge Dictionary any year since 1900 would be ok for me.

Nowadays it is so simple just to take God's word of the KJV and teach it. I don't fool around with Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries or commentaries anymore and life got a whole lot simpler. I simplified my work. or maybe as a Marine KJV preacher might say Simpler Fi. Hee Hee Hee no offense to you Marines out there just an ol pun for fun there
Old 05-16-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Ah, 10-4, afirmative, (wink wink).

G&P

T