General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandi View Post
I look forward to the completion of this project and have been reading the articles at your site with interest!
It looks like it is going to be a long-haul project. Locating and getting the rights to the necessary artwork is turning out to be somewhat problematic. Either prospective contributors with the right materials don't want to help the project, because they don't believe in a literal Bible, or they want money for their work. Can't blame them for the latter. Times are tough.

Everyone, please get the word out to any artists you might know and please point them to this project:
http://www.kjvbible.org/movie/movie_...__geology.html
Thanks, and Merry Christmas, all.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:16 AM

I keep praying for the project. I'll see what I can do. Busy here, and I need to learn about "animations" yet.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
I keep praying for the project. I'll see what I can do. Busy here, and I need to learn about "animations" yet.
Keep the prayers coming!!! This morning I got an email from a lady who is an artist. She wants to help, but all her art supplies were just stolen (coincidence?). She says, once she get them replaced she will be available to help.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:19 AM

Default Preview of Movie Opening

I have placed a short preview test of the movie opening on the Johnson Imagineering website. The video is at the bottom of the page. Follow the instructions to activate the viewer.

This test screening will give you an idea of the production quality and style.

My question for you is, "Does this get your attention and interest?" Feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old 01-15-2009, 09:18 AM

Wonderful! I'm looking forward to the completion of the movie.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biblestudent View Post
Wonderful! I'm looking forward to the completion of the movie.
And I just got some wonderful news, only a few minutes ago. The composer, (one of two whose music I used for the opening sequence), has volunteered to custom score the entire movie. So, this project now has an experienced Hollywood epic music composer. That is a major prayer answered.

Last edited by geologist; 01-15-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Tandi

Hi,

I am trying to watch the video now on my slow dial-up connection. The first 42 seconds look great so far! It captures my interest.....but I am already interested. Beautiful pictures and music and narration.

Godspeed on the production. More feedback after I've seen it all.

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 01-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Tandi

Wow! Just beautiful. Hauntingly beautiful. The angelic music stays in my head. The depiction of "the deep" is just as I imagined it myself. The mention of the Bible's first mystery makes me want to hear more. I am impressed. You are very talented and I wish you all the best.

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Tandi

My husband just watched it. His comments:

"A good beginning"

Then he quipped, "Ask him did it take billions and billions of years to do it."

Shalom,

Tandi
Old 05-04-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geologist View Post
I am producing an instructional movie on the Ruin-Reconstruction (Gap Theory) interpretation of Genesis. Here is a link to more information: The Movie Project.

I am posting this to get the word out, as I need artistic assistance from other Bible Believers.
Thank you.
I saw your movie and it's looking good! Very interesting. I used to be a videographer, but it looks like you're more in need of animation people. Blender is very complex. You might get a little boost from the people who created two open-source movies. They made their Blender production models available for download, so maybe they might give you some ideas.

http://orange.blender.org/download (This is for the movie, Elephant's Dream.)
http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/ (This is the second open-source movie and files are also available from this one.)