Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 AM

Default Rush Limbaugh First Address to the Nation

Did any of you catch Rush Limbaugh address to the CPAC? I was very impressed. It was the kind of speech I would like to hear from a presidential candidate.I'm proud to be an American.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Bro. Parrish

LOL, maybe Rush will run with Ann Coulter as V.P...
Old 03-01-2009, 11:23 PM

Bro. Parrish & Chette777

I am amazed that so many people are impressed with a dope head. Maybe you guys like pill poppers and think they make good leaders. I am impressed that pill popper has not over dosed yet and died and went to hell. God's grace for a lost dope head and is all that impresses me. All the Rush/Hannity folks are like some kind of cult. It's almost unbelievable.

Atlas
Old 03-02-2009, 01:30 AM

I've never listened to a single broadcast of Limbaugh's. I have enjoyed some of what I've heard from Hannity, but not all of it. I prefer Ron Paul (he knows economics!) and Chuck Baldwin.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen
Old 03-02-2009, 04:51 AM

Atlas,

Relax, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Rush did a good Job. but he is not qualified for president and he wouldn't get my vote if he did.

he is a good motivator and the conservatives need that. and if Obama was watching to learn how to improve himself he could have learned something.

I am sure you have a weakness or two in your life. so go easy on the dope head and don't ridicule us just because we liked what he said.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:50 PM

Limbaugh suffers chronic pain.

He was prescribed medication for his chronic pain.

He developed an addiction to his prescription medication.

Mistake, he apologized, get over it.

Now I think he's too liberal: I'm more of a Michael Savage/Neal Boortz kind of guy in many ways. I think Rush is too nice, soft and centrist to truly be a Conservative that I would agree with wholeheartedly. That being said, I do enjoy listening to his show occasionally when I'm on the road and his show is on.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
Bro. Parrish & Chette777

I am amazed that so many people are impressed with a dope head. Maybe you guys like pill poppers and think they make good leaders. I am impressed that pill popper has not over dosed yet and died and went to hell. God's grace for a lost dope head and is all that impresses me. All the Rush/Hannity folks are like some kind of cult. It's almost unbelievable.
LOL, where did that come from...
I'm not a regular listener to Rush, (maybe once a year?) so there goes your cult theory. Nobody is perfect but I think he is a decent American. Tell you what---I'll take a ditto head over the OBAMA CULT any day brother!

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-02-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Forum Administrator

Where's the grace?

So the guy has a botched back operation, lives in chronic pain, and gets addicted to a drug his doctor prescribed for him. He never justified or advocated his actions to others. As far as sins go, I can think of Christains who have done a lot worse than that.

The guy needs to get saved. What's the point of tearing him down because of a failure like that? The guy needs the Gospel -- he doesn't need people ripping him for giving in to temptation to alleviate chronic pain.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Where's the grace?

So the guy has a botched back operation, lives in chronic pain, and gets addicted to a drug his doctor prescribed for him. He never justified or advocated his actions to others. As far as sins go, I can think of Christains who have done a lot worse than that.

The guy needs to get saved. What's the point of tearing him down because of a failure like that? The guy needs the Gospel -- he doesn't need people ripping him for giving in to temptation to alleviate chronic pain.
Amen. I can attest to that. I've known some real good folks that got hooked on those pills. It's such a hard drug to quit. Oh and like you said, he does need to be saved, but I imagine with his audience that he's gotten the gospel at least more than once. Praying for him would be good.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-03-2009, 09:52 AM

Guys,

You are " proud to be an American " because some pill popper gave a speech at some neocon meeting. Where is the grace you ask? Well I thought I said, " God's grace for a lost dope head and is all that impresses me. " I see many of the cult members have already defended the dope head already. We even have the leader of the GOP Steele telling Rush, " I'm sorry I told the truth about you being an entertainer. " Rush is part of the pop culture he is not a real thinker. He is not a real man of the mind and it shows in our party today.

I recall when the GOP had mental real leaders, people with real minds. People of the mind like von Mises, Buckley, Rand and Friedman other such great thinkers. Now we have Rush and Hannity. You have got to be kidding. Just take a look at the movies for example. The movies of yesteryear. Like Gone with the Wind or The Fountainhead for example. Movies based on good books. Now look at the movies of today. They are based on comic books. Batman, Spider man and X Men. Our culture and our nation is going down hill fast. Rush a dope head being our so called leader is just showing us how lame we are as a nation. We do not have the mental leadership we need. This is why we are not winning the battle of the mind. The same is true in the church as it is in out lame culture.

Where is the grace you ask? Where is the mind that is the question I ask? Where is the mental leadership? Oh we have it from a guy that dose not have the will power to stop popping pills after he no longer needs them. I'm sure William F. Buckley, Thomas Jefferson, Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, Leonard Read, Hans F. Sennholtz, Frederic Bastiat, Henry Hazlitt, Paul L. Poirot, Murray N. Rothbard and Ludwig von Mises would be very proud of what we have become as a movement and a nation.

Atlas