General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Default Humanists – Sophists – Fools – Gnat Strainers – Heretics

HUMANISTS – SOPHISTS – FOOLS – GNAT STRAINERS – HERETICS

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. One of the draw backs of a Forum such as this is that there is very little opportunity to worship or have fellowship together (unless someone makes the effort). Another drawback is the fact that “anybody” can “join-up” and we know little or nothing about them.

I can understand why women on the Forum cannot reveal very much about themselves (what with all of the kooks & perverts out there), but it’s fascinating to me that most of the men who join – join up “Incognito”; that is we know NOTHING about them (and many of them reveal very little about themselves personally.

However, there is something that I have observed since joining this Forum and that is there are a certain number of people (a minority) who come to argue, instruct, and to “straighten us out” on our doctrine.

These people come with a personal “agenda”, and most of them will fall under one of the “headings” on this thread: {HUMANISTS – SOPHISTS – FOOLS – GNAT STRAINERS & HERETICS - Take your pick and if the shoe fits – wear it!} These people are not interested in “edifying” the brethren – they are interested in “persuading” people to their “point of view” in order to have dominion over them.

However, they all seem to have the same basic “characteristics” (or attributes) and operate under the same “modus operandi”.

#1. They know it all.
#2. They cannot (or will not) receive instruction.
#3. They “ignore” the “WORDS” of God – in favor of emphasizing the “Spirit” of God
#4. They are always argumentive.
#5. They are always personally insulting.
#6. They have “knowledge” – but very little: REAL SPIRITUAL Discernment, Understanding, or Wisdom.

But this last “characteristic” is something they all have in common:
#7. They are “PROLIFIC” - with their private opinions; private interpretations; False Doctrines & Heresies.

For example - the following “data” (in regards to men) from the Forum files will prove my point:

NAME DATE ------------- JOINED -------------- MEMBER (Length of Time) ------------ NO. OF POSTS ------------ POSTS PER DAY

sophronismos”: --------- 04/29/08 -------------------- (Four (4) days) ---------------------- 30 ------------------------- 11.24

MDOC”: ----------------- 04/25/08 -------------------- (Eight (8) days) ---------------------- 44 -------------------------- 6.50

Compare the above data with the following men who have been very “active” on the Forum:

NAME DATE ------------- JOINED -------------- MEMBER (Length of Time) ------------ NO. OF POSTS ------------ POSTS PER DAY

Bible Student”: -------- 02/02/08 --------------------- (90 days) ------------------------- 181 -------------------------- 2.00

Bible Protector”: ------- 02/22/08 --------------------- (70 days) ------------------------- 162 -------------------------- 2.31

"Diligent”: --------------- 01/31/08 --------------------- (93 days) ------------------------- 170 -------------------------- 1.85
(Administrator)

"george”: --------------- 03/07/08 --------------------- (56 days) ------------------------- 135 -------------------------- 2.42

Pastor Mikie”: --------- 02/02/08 --------------------- (90 days) ------------------------- 132 -------------------------- 1.46

"Paladin54”: ------------- 02/02/08 --------------------- (90 days) ------------------------- 118 -------------------------- 1.31

NOTICE: The difference between brethren who are trying to “edify” instead of dominate! You be the judge as to WHO is disruptive and “Out Of Order”.

I saved brother Jerry for last because, although he has been the most “prolific” person to post on the Forum – I believe that his motives are pure and honorable and that he is trying to “edify” the brethren – not “dominate” the conversation; and so he is the “exception” to the rule. Even though we may disagree on a few issues I do not include him in the “list” at the start of this “Thread” (He is obviously a brother in Christ).

"jerry”: ---------------- 02/02/08 --------------------- (90 days) ------------------------- 595 -------------------------- 6.59

The following is a list of some of some men on this Forum who have not been as “active”, but who obviously have also tried to “edify” the brethren and contributed to the Forum instead of trying to “dominate”. (I cannot list every one, so if I missed someone, it hasn’t been intentional.)

Will Kinney”: --------- 02/02/08 --------------------- (90 days) --------------------------- 12 --------------------------- .13

Stvvv1611”: --------- 02/26/08 --------------------- (66 days) ---------------------------- 7 --------------------------- .11

Steven Avery”: ------ 04/12/08 --------------------- (20 days) --------------------------- 29 --------------------------- 1.46

"pbiwolsky”: ---------- 03/04/08 --------------------- (59 days) --------------------------- 68 --------------------------- 1.15

"Luke”: --------------- 03/30/08 ---------------------- (33 days) --------------------------- 40 --------------------------- 1.21

"Fundy”: -------------- 02/01/08 --------------------- (91 days) --------------------------- 72 ---------------------------- .79

"chette777”: ---------- 02/02/08 --------------------- (90 days) --------------------------- 83 ---------------------------- .93

"Brother Tim”: -------- 02/21/08 --------------------- (71 days) --------------------------- 96 ---------------------------- 1.35

AGAIN NOTICE: The difference between brethren who are trying to “edify” instead of dominate!

And now on to the women. The following is a list of some of the women that are “active” on the Forum:

"Beth”: ----------------- 02/08/08 --------------------- (84 days) ------------------------- 143 -------------------------- 1.71

"lei-KJVOnly”: ---------- 02/25/08 --------------------- (67 days) -------------------------- 65 --------------------------- .93

"Renee”: --------------- 03/15/08 --------------------- (48 days) -------------------------- 27 --------------------------- .57

"JaeByrd”: ------------- 02/01/08 --------------------- (91 days) -------------------------- 12 --------------------------- .13

And then there is:

"Connie”: -------------- 03/08/08 --------------------- (55 days) ------------------------- 206 -------------------------- 3.75

NOTICE: The difference between brethren who are trying to “edify” instead of dominate! You be the judge as to WHO is disruptive and “Out Of Order”.

There is a simple way to avoid the “static” of would be “dominators” – Limit “Junior” Members to 2 posts a day. These are new-comers, and they should have the courtesy not to try to “control” the conversation or debate. They should not come into our “Parlor” and insult members who have been here since early on. They should be willing to “wait-their-turn”, and have some patience and respect for the other members. And if they cannot abide by this simple rule they should be “banned” or “kicked”, since, I for one (and I’m sure that there others), do not appreciate their “rhetoric”; “Sophisms”; “insults”; “false doctrines”; or heresies.

Are there any comments from the membership?

Respectfully submitted for your review,
George Anderson

Last edited by George; 05-02-2008 at 06:13 PM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-03-2008, 08:06 PM

Brother George,
Thank you so much for your study on this issue! It is very enlightening! I think some will be surprised to see the average number of posts per day. Really, I don't know how some users post as often as they do, unless they are retired, or have home business, etc.
I might only be on here only several times per week, I just don't have time!
Tim
Old 05-03-2008, 11:14 PM

Why I do believe I have the least amount of posts for an "active member". Considering I've been part of the forum from the start...Pretty quiet for a "jaybird"
Old 05-08-2008, 11:53 PM

For Jordon-----
Looks like Jordon just won the prize for most post per day! All I can say is he is searching, and isn't being offensive. Keep asking the questions, there are many well versed, and able teachers on this forum. Worship The Lord in spirit and in truth, and hide His Word in your heart and He will not be far from you.

Aloha,
Renee
Old 05-10-2008, 11:12 PM
fundy

Wow, George, thats great research!,

I totally agree that the men, at least, should give some amount of personal information, even if it is only their age and occupation. With the ladies being identified by gender only if this is comfortable for them. This would help greatly when formulating an answer or a question to a person.

I for one, am often comfortable in addressing a man of simlar age and experience in a manner that I would never use when talking to a lady, or even a young inexperienced man.

Recently I posted comments and replies in a tone that I would never have used if I had been aware at the time that the person I was speaking to was still a schoolboy.

fundy
Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
Wow, George, thats great research!,

I totally agree that the men, at least, should give some amount of personal information, even if it is only their age and occupation. With the ladies being identified by gender only if this is comfortable for them. This would help greatly when formulating an answer or a question to a person.

I for one, am often comfortable in addressing a man of simlar age and experience in a manner that I would never use when talking to a lady, or even a young inexperienced man.

Recently I posted comments and replies in a tone that I would never have used if I had been aware at the time that the person I was speaking to was still a schoolboy.

fundy
Thanks brother,

After reading some of Jordan's posts and Paladin54's attempt to reason with him, I realized that Jordan was a young man - and you will notice that I tried to "reach out" and reason with him in a "kinder" and "gentler" mode than I sometimes do with older Christians that should know better.

When I saw your post I thought to myself that you might not have known he was just 18 and possibly just getting out of high school.

I too believe that we must adjust the "tone" of our replies to those who come on the Forum depending on their age, gender, knowledge, and "attitude". I have very little patience with "know-it-alls"; Humanists (Saved or unsaved); Sophists; and Fools; and "adjust" my comments and responses accordingly.

Sincerely yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy Word,