Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Graceismine

Default Pope Denounced as Antichrist

http://http://www.independent.ie/nat...w-1271826.html

Pope denounced as 'anti-Christ' in radio fire and brimstone row

By John Cooney
Wednesday January 23 2008

A new Messiah has risen to save the Protestant people of Ulster from the heretical snares of Rome and to keep the Pope, "the anti-Christ", out of the North.

An unholy row on yesterday's 'Joe Duffy show' began innocently enough, when the chief aide to Nigel Dodds, the North's Enterprise Minister, voiced his objections to the sale of Catholic rosary beads inside St Patrick's Cathedral, in Dublin.

Wallace Thompson challenged the Anglican Dean of St Patrick's, Dr Robert MacCarthy, for selling rosaries not sanctioned in Holy Scripture, in the cathedral gift shop.

The Dean explained that the beads were sold because the shop attracted visitors of all denominations, and revenue from the sales helped finance the cathedral's upkeep.

During an hour-long phone-in, Mr Thompson castigated these misguided papists for adhering to a corrupt church that demanded Protestant partners in a mixed marriage to surrender to their creed.

The temperature became as hot as the fires of hell when Mr Thompson pleaded with Irish Catholics to abandon their idolatrous prayer to the Virgin Mary.

Then Mr Thompson, speaking in a personal capacity, escalated his war of religions when he denounced the Pope as the anti-Christ and announced he would oppose plans to bring Benedict to the North.

"The Pope is the anti-Christ ... a lot of Protestants probably might not hold (that view) but it is still enshrined in the standards," he said.

"It is a strong statement to make, but in expressing those views I am not conflicting with the main teachings of the main churches," Mr Thompson thundered.

Oppose

The 54-year-old married father-of-three, who is a regular preacher across the North, and a member of the Independent Orange, went on to warn that true Protestants would totally oppose a papal visit.

SDLP Assembly member Dolores Kelly said Mr Thompson's fundamentalist language was a throwback to the North's troubled past.

"I don't think he has any right to deprive the people of the north, and in particular the Catholic population,of an opportunity to greet and meet their spiritual leader," she said.

Sinn Fein Assembly group leader, John O'Dowd, described Mr Thompson's comments as "deeply insulting to many, many people across this island".

Last night, a worldly wise DUP official was at pains to emphasise that Mr Thompson was not speaking in a political capacity.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:33 AM
jerry

Quote:
Sinn Fein Assembly group leader, John O'Dowd, described Mr Thompson's comments as "deeply insulting to many, many people across this island".
Good! Maybe being insulted will cause them to search the Scriptures and see that Catholicism is not found in there - except in the book of Revelation as the religion of the Antichrist, controlling the world from the city built on seven hills (Rome). Then challenge them to see what the Bible - not their religious traditions - teaches about how to be saved and how to live a life pleasing to the Lord.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:17 PM
sting of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
Good! Maybe being insulted will cause them to search the Scriptures and see that Catholicism is not found in there - except in the book of Revelation as the religion of the Antichrist, controlling the world from the city built on seven hills (Rome). Then challenge them to see what the Bible - not their religious traditions - teaches about how to be saved and how to live a life pleasing to the Lord.
you think they really care jerry.. when it comes down to it, ireland was pagan when the catholics got there, they adapted quite easilyto catholicism sincecatholicism is pagan to begin with, then they added celt pagan traditions to roman catholicism, and boom, you have a whole new type of paganism. them pagans beat them prods in the 90's.. they wanna be pagan, let em.. God'll cut em down.. i'm all for freedom of religion but at the same time i know roman catholicism will do everything in their power to take over a religiously free area and make it roman catholic.. i'd love to see all of ireland be a free nation, but if that happened then protestantism, and Christianity would both be forbidden on the continent
Old 02-28-2008, 05:35 AM

"vicar of Christ" literally translated means "in place of Christ" the greek word Anti and the Roman word vicar are the same in place of or opposed to. take your pick anyone who would use the Title "Vicar of Christ" minus wel use "anti christ" because it means the same thing.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 PM

'Ceasefire undermined'

Israeli officials confirmed the raid, saying that they had intended to make arrests but opened fire when they saw that three of the militants were armed with assault rifles.

They blamed the Islamic Jihad militants for attacks on Israelis.

Palestinian officials from Islamic Jihad and Hamas denounced the operation.

"Islamic Jihad and the other resistance groups have the right to respond in any place to this crime of assassination and all options are open," said Dawud Shihab, an Islamic Jihad leader in Gaza.

"What the enemy has done undermines any talk of a ceasefire," he said.

Earlier on Wednesday, Israeli troops shot dead an Islamic Jihad militant near the northern West Bank town of Tulkarm.

There had been a lull in the Gaza violence over the last few days, with the Israeli military reducing operations in Gaza on Monday following a sharp drop in rocket fire from Palestinian militants.

Egypt has been working to broker an agreement.

On Wednesday, the Palestinian militant group Hamas set out its conditions for a truce, calling for an end to Israeli military operations in Gaza and the re-opening of its borders, in return for halting rocket attacks.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:37 PM

Ceasefire undermined'

Israeli officials confirmed the raid, saying that they had intended to make arrests but opened fire when they saw that three of the militants were armed with assault rifles.

They blamed the Islamic Jihad militants for attacks on Israelis.

Palestinian officials from Islamic Jihad and Hamas denounced the operation.

"Islamic Jihad and the other resistance groups have the right to respond in any place to this crime of assassination and all options are open," said Dawud Shihab, an Islamic Jihad leader in Gaza.

"What the enemy has done undermines any talk of a ceasefire," he said.

Earlier on Wednesday, Israeli troops shot dead an Islamic Jihad militant near the northern West Bank town of Tulkarm.

There had been a lull in the Gaza violence over the last few days, with the Israeli military reducing operations in Gaza on Monday following a sharp drop in rocket fire from Palestinian militants.

Egypt has been working to broker an agreement.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Connie

Did you also know that the Latin form of "vicar of Christ" adds up to 666 if you count the letters in it that are also Roman Numerals? Try it. The Latin is

VICARIVS FILII DEI (literally, In the place of the Son of God)

V=5
I=1
C=100
I=1
V=5
I=1
L=50
I=1
I=1
D=500
I=1
________

I've heard that this Latin title for the Antichrist is carved on the Pope's throne or ceremonial chair or whatever it is, or the alternative story that it's on his fish-head shaped hat or mitre. Maybe it's on both.

Last edited by Connie; 03-13-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:56 AM
jerry

I have read various statements that indicate it is stated on his mitre (hat).

That statement translates as "Vicar of the Son of God", not "Vicar of Christ" though.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:33 PM

Connie try not to get to deeply involved with numerology. it was instructed by even early church Fathers Supposed Church fathers) in there time to the people not to number names. just about everyones name will in some way come back as 666.

Numerology is very New Age. when I was involved in that I used it al the time.

just live in faith in Christ Jesus every day and yield to the Holy Ghost when you want to number someones name.

God bless
Old 04-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Brothers and Sisters, I would wish that catholics would read their Bibles.
Even their false versions carry enough truth to tell them they ought to run, not walk out of their "churches"!

Consider this:Christ IS Against the pope!
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. BUT IT SHALL NOT BE SO AMONG YOU: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:” (Matt. 20:25-27)

“Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, NOT BY CONSTRAINT, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of ready mind; Neither AS BEING LORDS OVER GOD'S HERITAGE, but being ensamples to the flock.” (I Peter 5:2-3)
Constraint: Greek; anankastos, to force, by compulsion, a must.
Lords: Greek; Katakyrieuo, subdue, gain dominion over; there is an implication that this authority is hash.

Yet, popes have ruled with an iron fist, in DIRECT opposition to Jesus' Words.