Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Bro. Parrish

I saw a new movie this weekend called
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH, starring Brendan Fraser.
It was an interesting twist on the H. G. Wells book by the same name written in 1864...

they found an entrance to another world inside the Earth, similar to the one Hollow Earthers claim that was discovered by Admiral Byrd---first in the North Pole and later in the South Pole, although of course this has never been conclusively proven or widely accepted. In the science fiction book, on a beach covered with bones, Axel discovers an oversized human skull. Axel and Lidenbrock venture some way into the prehistoric forest, where Professor Lidenbrock points out, in a shaky voice, a prehistoric human, more than twelve feet in height, leaning against a tree watching a herd of mastodons. This part was not in the new movie, however they did encounter dinosaurs in the new movie.

You can read more about Admiral Byrd and the so-called "Hollow Earth Theory" here, be advised, I am in no way endorsing the writings of Rodney M. Cluff or his website, but with regard to the material about Admiral Byrd as written by Dr. R. W. Bernard, to me some parts are kind of interesting as shown here:
http://www.ourhollowearth.com/Bernard/Chapter1.htm

I did find it interesting that there was a well-documented and massive military expedition into the Antarctic, organized by Admiral Byrd back in the 1940's called OPERATION HIGH JUMP, Wikipedia describes it as follows:

"Operation Highjump was the largest Antarctic expedition to date. Conspiracy theorists specializing in alleged Aryan or Nazi activities in Antarctica have extensively speculated about this mission. In 1946, US Navy Secretary James Forrestal assembled a huge amphibious naval force for an Antarctic Expedition expected to last six to eight months. Besides the flagship Mount Olympus and the aircraft carrier Philippine Sea, there were thirteen US Navy support ships, six helicopters, six flying boats, two seaplane tenders and fifteen other aircraft. The total number of personnel involved was over 4,000. The armada arrived in the Ross Sea on 31 December 1946, and made aerial explorations of an area half the size of the United States, recording ten new mountain ranges. The major area covered was the eastern coastline of Antarctica from 150 degrees east to the Greenwich meridian. The expedition was terminated abruptly at the end of February 1947, six months early, the entire remaining armada returning immediately to the United States. The early termination of the mission was never explained."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Evelyn_Byrd
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Bro. Parrish

BIGFOOT...

My kids asked me the other day if I thought BIGFOOT was real...

I told them I did not believe in a "missing link" between man and ape, because we know man did not come from apes. However, I was quick to add, there are many things on the earth which man has little or no explanation for, and to be honest there are some species like the Coelacanth which have defied modern science, and others like the Megamouth Shark (Megachasma pelagios) that have completely eluded discovery until 1976. Komodo dragons were not documented by Europeans until 1910, and they were not really studied scientifically until the late 1960's.

So, with that in mind---could BIGFOOT really exist?

I don't know.
As Bible believers, we know that "Natural Man" is cursed, and desperate to prove his "ape ancestry," and there have been plenty of frauds over the years, 2008 being no exception. A recent "Bigfoot discovery" made headlines around the world, and had the media in a frenzy.
AIG reports...

"According to a CNN news report a few months ago, two amateur Bigfoot hunters stumbled upon the body of the creature in a wooded area of northern Georgia and also claimed that they saw several living ones in the same location—at least, according to one version of their story. Although there was supposed to be much more forthcoming, they only released “evidence” of purported DNA test results from the intestine of the alleged creature indicating human, possum, and “indeterminate” DNA. In fact, the most recent reports show that the jig is up and the fraud has been found out."
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/14/big...ody/index.html

But all frauds aside, there are plenty of legends among the American Indians, and other places around the world, of giant bipedal creatures, living secretly in the remote areas of the world. Like UFO's, many people including law enforcement officials claim to see these things every year. Are they ALL lying? Are they ALL being duped by something fraudulent or faked? Where is the hard evidence?

If these creatures exist, are they merely a line of large apes similar to the supposedly extinct Gigantopithecus? Or Is there a more intelligent---or even spiritual---side to BIGFOOT? Is there still a race of large creatures that are living in caves or inside the earth? (Gen 6:4, Job 1:7)

Is it possible that these creatures are demonic or perhaps related to the Nephilum or the Antediluvian world? Are they able to come and go among us like the wind, like the Native American Indians suggest? I certainly don't know. But it's interesting.

AIG suggests, "if any unusual apish creature with claimed human-like features, whether called Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Gigantopithecus, etc. is ever found, the astute reader should consider several factors... more on that here:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...h-one-big-hoax
Old 01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Bro. Parrish

Here is an interesting OLD ARTICLE,
this is from the New York Times published in June 1883.
Click on the blue button "view full article" to see the PDF of the original article, which describes hundreds of unusual skulls with double rows of teeth and strange shapes, very interesting...

AN ANCIENT FORT DISCOVERED.;
EARTH-WORKS CONTAINING MANY SKULLS FOUND IN DAKOTA.

CHICAGO, June 21.--A special to the Tribune from Redfield, Dakota, says: "Several parties at work on a farm four and a half miles south of Redfield have discovered an old fort, which occupied nearly two acres, and from which nearly 200 human skulls have been exhumed...
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstrac...609C94629FD7CF
Old 01-15-2009, 02:26 AM

Bro. Parrish,

I, too, checked out and studied Gen 6 a month ago- very very interesting study.

The soon immediate future scares me on what effects scientists could possibly establish by creating some kind of pseudo-eugenic, bionic, intellectual superman. Our combining of science and technology is making this feat very real(and probably behind closed doors). Sounds like the men of renown are already here, working behind the curtains.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchmen View Post
Bro. Parrish,

I, too, checked out and studied Gen 6 a month ago- very very interesting study.

The soon immediate future scares me on what effects scientists could possibly establish by creating some kind of pseudo-eugenic, bionic, intellectual superman. Our combining of science and technology is making this feat very real(and probably behind closed doors). Sounds like the men of renown are already here, working behind the curtains.
Yes, I hear you...
that is an interesting thought, and thanks for your comments!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:39 PM

Wow, another very interesting thread.

I believe giants existed because the Bible says so.

This is where as Christians we have to be a little careful. If we go around talking about giants, the world is going to think we are very silly, superstituous people. Even some fellow Christians think that. But the truth is, there is much scientific evidence that very large people lived in the past, as shown in some of the articles and photos here. As Christians we never need fear true science, because true science will always agree with God's truth in the end. It is false, psuedo-science we have to fight against.

I have never quite understood why, but evolutionists do not like the idea of giant humans and usually try to discredit serious findings of evidence.

Who knows?, maybe someday they will find Goliath's remains, it ought to be pretty easy to identify him with that stone stuck in his forehead.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Wow, another very interesting thread.

I believe giants existed because the Bible says so.
Me too brother!

Quote:
As Christians we never need fear true science, because true science will always agree with God's truth in the end. It is false, psuedo-science we have to fight against.
Very true, good point...

Quote:
Who knows?, maybe someday they will find Goliath's remains, it ought to be pretty easy to identify him with that stone stuck in his forehead.
Yeah I'd like to see that in National Geographic...
Old 02-01-2009, 04:53 PM

Anyone catch this one?

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/01/...9201233431826/

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 02-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Bro. Parrish

12 fingers, 12 toes, that's amazing!
Might come in handy too,
you would have to have custom gloves tho...
Old 02-16-2009, 12:22 AM

Ruckman says that if a nations name ended in an "im or im's" they were decedents of the Giants.