Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:32 PM

Default Call to Preach

Well, Ok, I'll apologize for a little harsh. But doesn't anybody agree with me? God never called anybody to go to seminary or bible college (not that it's a bad thing), he simply said study to show thyself approved. Whether you study at your home or in college, as long as your studying the Word, then....Anyway, I just get frustrated with people that think I need a piece of paper given by men to prove myself. I'm studying to show myself approved to GOD. Does anybody want to comment on 1John 2:27 for me, please? Ya'll can get mad all you want at my next statement, but Stephanos I'm not the least bit interested in you trying to figure out if I was called to preach or not. As for George, you must be a Southern Baptist too. You say you are concerned because of I have a lot of "emotion", come on. I am very passionate when it comes to the things of GOD and someone looking down on me as if I need to "study to show myself approved to THEM" and put a "time frame" on when a born again child of GOD can be called to do ANYTHING. Now, George, please tell me your concerns of my "Scriptural discernment." I am COMPLETELY open to constructive criticism, which I appreciate from PB and MC11 and the end of your post. This Stephanos fellow, got me upset because I started this Post to simply get prayers from good men of GOD because of how strongly I feel about the power of prayer. It was NOT started to to find out from any of you what GOD has called me to do. I HAVE THAT ANSWER. Now, if you wanna pray for me, give me advice, prove that I'm wrong (from the King James Bible), fine, but understand I DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANY MAN'S THOUGHtS CONCERNING MY CALLING, I'LL GET THAT FROM 1.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 12-09-2008, 07:07 PM

George, I should tell you thank you! I didn't read all the way to then end of your post and should have. I do appreciate your kind words and your concern. I will agree with you on your views as an evangelist being abused w/out oversight. That's why I will never forsake the local church in my ministry and will not be a "free-lancer", my pastor wouldn't allow it. Please, remember, how green I am. My God does, and has stuck me on salvation, so if I can preach anything it can be salvation. I am preaching this Sunday morning on "The Greatest Commandment." It's been a hard pill to swollow, I've never known love but for the past 4 months, so the Lord is breaking me and showing me how important Love is. I got saved on HELL, FIRE, and DAMNATION. Got 1 night of milk, then steaks from then on out and I either choked or chewed and swollowed (got fed). Anyway, I'm trying my best to live it. I have failed on here, I know. But forgive me. I can handle criticism and please don't hold back in telling me the truth, but don't question my calling, because you're not questioning me your questioning the one who called me.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:58 PM

Default Re: "Call to preach" (#2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
George, I should tell you thank you! I didn't read all the way to then end of your post and should have. I do appreciate your kind words and your concern. I will agree with you on your views as an evangelist being abused w/out oversight. That's why I will never forsake the local church in my ministry and will not be a "free-lancer", my pastor wouldn't allow it. Please, remember, how green I am. My God does, and has stuck me on salvation, so if I can preach anything it can be salvation. I am preaching this Sunday morning on "The Greatest Commandment." It's been a hard pill to swollow, I've never known love but for the past 4 months, so the Lord is breaking me and showing me how important Love is. I got saved on HELL, FIRE, and DAMNATION. Got 1 night of milk, then steaks from then on out and I either choked or chewed and swollowed (got fed). Anyway, I'm trying my best to live it. I have failed on here, I know. But forgive me. I can handle criticism and please don't hold back in telling me the truth, but don't question my calling, because you're not questioning me your questioning the one who called me.

Aloha cb6445,

In regards to your recent Posts #21 & #22 - here is what I said about your calling:
Quote:
"I cannot speak to his "calling", but I can say that as a new born babe in Christ he must get thoroughly grounded in the word of God, before he begins to go out as an "evangelist".
I have been on the Forum since March of this year and have made 438 Posts and 11 Threads. In all of these Posts and Threads I have never once said that a man has to go to Bible School; Bible College; or a Seminary in order to become an elder/pastor or an evangelist. As a matter of fact, in these days of apostasy, I would strongly advise against it!

What I have said is an elder/pastor or evangelist needs to "get thoroughly grounded in the word of God", and a man can do that in a sound Bible believing church or on his own (if necessary).

Paul spent approximately three years (or more) studying on his own before venturing out to spread the Gospel and establish churches throughout the Roman Empire. After Paul got saved he didn't go to the Bible "Seminary" at Jerusalem and get instruction from Peter, James, John, Andrew, or Philip. He went out into the desert and then returned to Damascus and God showed him some of the great "mysteries" of all time.

I do not doubt your earnest zeal to serve the Lord, nor would I ever call into doubt your "calling". Who am I to question another man's "calling"? What I am concerned about is whether you are grounded in God's Holy word, so that when you go out into the world to do God's will you will be prepared to serve the Lord according to His word, and not stumble (or cause others to stumble).

Here are some principals and precepts from the Holy Scriptures that anyone who wants to enter the ministry should be aware of:

#1. The Holy Bible (King James Bible) must be your "Final Authority" in ALL matters of faith and practice. {NOT a man; a pastor; a church; or a Bible School}
Quote:
". . . yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, . . ." [Romans 3:4]
#2. Never doubt the veracity of God's word {NEVER!}. And whenever you do a work for God, always do God's work "in truth".
Quote:
"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth." [Psalms 33:4]
#3. Always remember:The ministry is to be (whenever possible) a ministry of "reconciliation":
Quote:
"And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;" [2 Corinthians 5:18]
#4. Never think "too highly" of yourself or "better" than the brethren:
Quote:
"For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." [Romans 12:3]
There are several men on this Forum that could teach the Bible as well (or better) than most Bible School "professors" - you should find out who they are and study their Threads & Posts.

I have a small Bible web site that contains about 90 Bible lessons that might be of some interest to you. You also might look up my "Profile" on this Forum and "check out" the 11 Threads that I have posted which cover subjects such as:

"The Inspiration of Scripture"
"Why I Believe In The King James Bible"
"Rightly Dividing God’s Words"
"HUMANISM {Pernicious Satanic Influence In The World Today}"

Etc., etc., - there are more.

Any Christian can and should witness or testify about what God has done for him (or her). But a man who is called to teach and to preach God's Holy word must first thoroughly "know" what he is talking about before venturing out into the ministry. {It took Paul (the greatest apostle) over three years to study and prepare for the ministry, and I would advise you to do the same. Take some time to become familiar with the word and doctrine, and don't neglect your wife and family in the course of your studies and service to the Lord}
Quote:
1 Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
I have been a Christian for over 50 years and have made a lot of mistakes and have stumbled along the way. You have a lot to learn - don't "run ahead of God" in your pursuit to serve serve Him.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:12 AM

I really can't understand how my comment was so mistaken in its intent. I held off from responding to your original post even before a single response was made (I saw your post well before others commented). I found it odd that your second post on these forums was this request for prayer of this nature. We didn't hear a word about who you are, where you've been in your walk in the Lord (and for how long), nor about what you believe doctrinally. So I found it a bit odd when I saw your post. Then you posted your testimony (after Kiwi's and brother Luke's inquiring) which was interesting to say the least. So I was left with what to say in response to what I was reading. Truth be told I thought someone else would indicate similar concerns to what I was having when I read your testimony, but I didn't see that happening. Now, I'll admit that I tend to expect the worst in people (I wasn't always like this mind you. It's not easy to expect good things from people when you look at the Church in the state that it's in these days), but something made me think twice about doing so with you. So I responded the way I did, hoping that it would elicit a more exhaustive response from you in regards to your age in Christ (yes, this is important) and a bit more about the work the Lord has done in you as of late. Not only that, but I wanted you to look into what a dispensation is because you clearly are not aware of what this word means, which is fine. I didn't learn about dispensations till just this fall (9 years after being reborn!). Dispensations are a deep and rewarding subject to study which can take a long time to study and fully grasp.

Your response to my comment was very typical of new Christian men who are on fire for Christ after just being reborn. I was and am willing to let your defensive and caustic response towards me slide, but with one warning. I have defended the King James Bible now for years. My faith in this Book is more hard lined than nearly everyone I've met who claims to 'use' the KJB. I have endured being called a KJBO nut, a bibliolater, and a all other manner of words people use against those who draw a hard line for the KJB (I have yet to be called a Ruckman Knight, to my shame). My entire life, faith, and being is defined by my faith in what is written within the King James Holy Bible. That book it the most important thing in my life next to my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. So I don't take to well to people accusing me of using perVersions or in doubting the readings of the AV1611 Holy Bible. You have been given, and have used up, your one chance to make this mistake with me.

So, cb6445, welcome to av1611.com/forums. Make yourself at home, and tell us more about yourself. Also feel free to ask questions. You'll find more solid council here than nearly anywhere else. These brothers and sisters are a great blessing.

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen