Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 AM

One of the first things that I do when I go to a "Christian Ministry" website is to look at their statement of faith. That usually is enough to determine the site's value. Of course the question of the Scriptures is foremost.

This is the statement of one of the creationists' sites:

Quote:
God has spoken in Scripture and has acted in creation and human history. We believe that the autographs of the 66 canonical books of the Bible are objectively inspired, infallible and the inerrant Word of God in all of their parts and in all matters of which they speak (history, theology, science, etc.).
It is a waste of time to debate these folks about it, but if someone there was willing to talk about it, I would ask why the "autographs" (fancy word for the originals) are spoken of in the present tense. ("are...inspired", "they speak")
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
The post I made at the start of this topic has gotten me banned for about 5 different forums. I know how big melt down is.
I just reread it...'banned'??? You were just quoting Scripture...

When people have started getting on my nerves with the whole 'original' talk, I ask them if they have a copy of the original manuscripts, penned by Paul or whoever. When they say 'no', I then ask them "If you don't have the original, something to compare the King James to, then how do you know the King James is not accurate?"

IF they 'get it', it usually makes them mad...
Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 PM

HAI,

Quote:
I just reread it...'banned'??? You were just quoting Scripture
No I was not " just quoting Scripture, " as you put it.

I was causing DIVISON, MISUSING THE WORD, PROMOTING RUCKMANISM AND, FALSE DOCTRINES THAT ARE NOT TAUGHT ANYWHERE IN GOD'S WORD, I WAS A MEMBER OF A CULT AND A HERTIC.

This is what I was doing HAI. I was doing far more than " just quoting Scripture. "

For some reason this post always gets removed before or shortly after I get banned. I wonder why?

Atlas
Old 10-14-2008, 01:01 PM

Struck a nerve, didja???

"When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth." (Acts 7:54)
Old 10-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
No I was not " just quoting Scripture, " as you put it.

I was causing DIVISON, MISUSING THE WORD, PROMOTING RUCKMANISM AND, FALSE DOCTRINES THAT ARE NOT TAUGHT ANYWHERE IN GOD'S WORD, I WAS A MEMBER OF A CULT AND A HERTIC.

This is what I was doing HAI. I was doing far more than " just quoting Scripture. "

For some reason this post always gets removed before or shortly after I get banned. I wonder why?

These people are dogs and swine. I've attempted to join a couple of sites, simply and solely to give Cody and others some backup, because the pagans and liberals simply snicker at them and despise their youth - - - which wouldn't work with me. But I'm never accepted, or the registration gets mixed up, or something. Maybe God doesn't want me there.

However, as I may have mentioned, I do post at Pravda.ru, to witness; and none of my posts are censored or disallowed. It's a fine commentary on modern "Christianity" when Pravda, of all places, is more "tolerant" of a Bible believer's position than these "fundamental Baptist" sites.

Whited sepulchres, the lot of 'em.....

Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Chette,

If you think this bad, I got banned from Baptist Zone for making a post with the link to to Dr. Ruckman's Bible Believer's Bulletin free downloads on the books post topic.

I was told, that if I posted anything about or by that " heretic Ruckman again I would be banned at once. " My reply was, well might as well ban me now. So he banned me. Baptist Zone is supposed to be a KJVO forum. Go over there and make a Ruckman post and you'll see what will happen to you.

Atlas

Ahhh brother Atlas,

I don't feel so bad now. I got "banned" from that same site last month for posting about my "Dispensational" beliefs!

I was invited to that Forum in November of last year, and I did OK until they started bad-mouthing brother Ruckman. In the course of defending brother Ruckman, a couple of the "Moderators' "baited" me {I knew what was coming ) with some of Ruckman's "peculiar" doctrines, and in the course of explaining "Dispensationalism" they booted me.

Oh well, I feel so much better now - knowing I am in such "good company"!

Oh, and by the way, unlike "Diligent", they erased every single one of my Posts! I wonder what they are afraid of? Hmmm?

"Christians"! They never cease to amaze me!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:27 PM

VR & George,

Well the baptist Zone dose not like sound Bible doctrine. I was a member there a long time but I did not post often. I knew BZ had a few problems, I did not know they hated Ruckman as bad they did. So good riddens to them is all I can say. It's a sad day when a Pravda forum will not ban you but a Baptist forum will.

Atlas
Old 10-17-2008, 09:00 PM

Default Pravda?

Quote:
VR & George,

Well the baptist Zone dose not like sound Bible doctrine. I was a member there a long time but I did not post often. I knew BZ had a few problems, I did not know they hated Ruckman as bad they did. So good riddens to them is all I can say. It's a sad day when a Pravda forum will not ban you but a Baptist forum will.

Atlas

And AMEN to that! I have debated and argued with some Atheists that were more courteous, respectful, and considerate than some of the "brethren"! It makes you "wonder" sometimes.

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
And AMEN to that! I have debated and argued with some Atheists that were more courteous, respectful, and considerate than some of the "brethren"! It makes you "wonder" sometimes.
Well, I didn't say they were courteous! LOL! They attack in brigades and divisions, and use foul language and everything else. But you quickly learn who's sincerely willing to listen, and who can safely be ignored. And, as with any forum, I realize that I'm writing for a lot of "lurkers" or shy people who never post, too. The place has 13,000 members.

But I'm not recommending it!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
These people are dogs and swine. I've attempted to join a couple of sites, simply and solely to give Cody and others some backup, because the pagans and liberals simply snicker at them and despise their youth - - - which wouldn't work with me. But I'm never accepted, or the registration gets mixed up, or something. Maybe God doesn't want me there.

However, as I may have mentioned, I do post at Pravda.ru, to witness; and none of my posts are censored or disallowed. It's a fine commentary on modern "Christianity" when Pravda, of all places, is more "tolerant" of a Bible believer's position than these "fundamental Baptist" sites.

Whited sepulchres, the lot of 'em.....

:mad:

"tolerant"

"Tolerance" and "Name Calling"=All mushrooms are not Good

(bold is my emphasis)

The old "you are so intolerant, mean-spirited, 'un-christian'...." ......blah blah blah...."Stop the name calling.........." blah blah argument "feigned" by "sweet Christians as pertaining to the "sound doctrine", whether it be the KJB issue, dispensationalism.....

Believers in this dispensation are commanded by the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ to follow Paul: 1 Corinthians 4:16, 11:1; Philippians 3:17, 4:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:6; 2 Thessalonians 3:9; 1 Timothy 1:16(not Peter-I am a former “Roman”).

"This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply,
that they may be sound in the faith..." Titus 1:13

"And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God." Acts 19:8

I guess they would have a problem with:

Elijah's taunts:

" And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked." I Kings 18:27

Job's sarcasm:

"And Job answered and said, No doubt but ye are the people, and wisdom shall die with you." Job 12:1-2

The Lord Jesus Christ:

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." Matthew 7:15

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold? And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty.Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or the altar that sanctifieth the gift? Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?...." Matthew 23:13-33

John the Baptist:

"...O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Luke 3:7

Peter:

"...The dog is turned to his own vomit again...."(2 Peter 2:22, Proverbs 26:11)

And, of course, Paul:

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock." Acts 20:19

"Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?" Acts 23:3

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ..." 2 Cor. 11:13

"One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, the Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies." Titus 1:12

"Beware of dogs..." Philippians 3:2

I guess your feelings would also be heart by the laughing, taunting, and mocking of the LORD GOD:

" I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh..." Proverbs 1:26

"He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision." Psalms 2:4

"The LORD shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming." Psalms 37:13

"The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:..." Psalms 52:6

Once again, the error of not knowing the difference between tolerating people and tolerating ideas is crystallized by the feigned "name calling/accusation of hate" debating technique-always used by those who have no argument, only assertions. Their secular humanism, "your mind is your authority",embraces the idea that "your opinion", determines what is right and wrong, not "...the scripture of truth...."(Daniel 10:21).

How about I propose this rationality: There are some things that are true, and there are some things that are false. Here is the inevitable result of subscribing to the "in thing" sweeping this country, and this "evil world"(Galatians 1:4)-the "pluralism" view, i.e., it demands that you must not say that anyone's belief system is inferior, or worse yet, in error. To say someone is wrong is "intolerant", to be "close-minded", to be "mean-spirited", to be "extreme", to be "divisive", to be a "trouble maker", to be a "bully", to be "unrespectful", to be "name calling" or, last, but not least, to be "unchristian."

This "open mindedness", this "loving tolerance", says that I should not criticize other people's beliefs-"You are so intolerant and bigoted and are a name caller." And those that proclaim the truth from the divine perspective, and refuse to "... call evil good.... put darkness for light.... put bitter for sweet...."(Isaiah 5:20) are "bashed", criticized, vilified, ridiculed......The hypocrisy of such a view is apparent in the "moral" judgment these proponents of this so-called "tolerance" spew out day after day. They have a self-defeating argument, and a silly view of "tolerance". According to this message,in order to tolerate someone and be "loving", I cannot assert my "argument"as being correct, i.e., it is "condemning", it is "judgmental", it is "name calling". And these so called "enlightened, sweet, reasonable" "actors"(definition of a hypocrite-perhaps this explains the depravity of "Hollywood") such as them, are doing the same thing-people rant and rave about being "judgmental", "condemning"-all the time delivering their own judgements! Is it tolerant to say something is true when it is really false? That is like saying "All mushrooms are good to eat". No, they are not. Not all mushrooms are good-some will kill you. For example, one's "opinion" on denying the final authority of the Holy Bible is from the pits of hell, and I will call anyone who spews forth this lie every time-period. And I will refuse to use non- biblical words to "soften the blow"-The LORD God does not use word semantics, double-speak, weasel words, or euphemisms. Nor will I.

This spin is merely "... good words and fair speeches...." that "...deceive the hearts of the simple"(Romans 16:18), and they promote this deception "...with vain words...."(Ephesians 5:6). Translation of this spin: We demand your approval, your endorsement.

Tolerance is how we treat people. Rationality, or reasoning(Isaiah 1:18; Acts 17:2, 17:17, 18:4, 24:25)is how we treat ideas. We are to tolerate people, the person, "...speaking the truth in love....(Ephesians 4:15), according to the Holy Bible, but not ideas. We examine ideas just like we examine "good mushrooms from bad mushrooms"- we must distinguish between truth and error in the spiritual realm just as we do in the physical realm-we are to be discerning. People are very discerning in matters of the physical realm, distinguishing between "good and evil" on a daily basis. And yet, when considering matters in the spiritual realm, they "take a space walk." If I said it is OK for children to smoke pot, and someone corrected me on this, should I feel that person was making personal attacks on me, or "name calling"? Should I say "You are not building me up(edifying)?" Should I say "Please speak words seasoned with salt?" Should I say "You are being so intolerant, so mean spirited, so narrow minded, so condemning, so judgmental?" "Quit calling me names!" Should I agree with the "Oprah Winfrey" approach, the "Can't we all get along" mentality(Rodney King)? NONSENSE.

In this day and age of general compromise, of fearing man of instead of the LORD God, of "All roads lead to Rome" ecumenicalism, of "whatever works", those who align themselves with the Lord Jesus Christ are not to be persuaded by opinion, sincerity("good intentions"), whether it "feels good or right"(experience), nor are we to be concerned with our reputations, nor with the world's approval(Proverbs 29:25; Isaiah 2:22; Luke 6:26; John 5:44, 12:43; Acts 4:19 5:29; 2 Cor. 4:2; Galatians 1:10; Colossians 3:22; 1 Thessalonians 2:4). We are only to be concerned with communicating the truth of the scriptures. Unity cannot be at the expense of the truth. Scripture never compromises with error-nor should we, nor can we. The truth only hurts when you do not tell it. The real issue is whether what Christians say is true scripturally, not whether if others like what scripture says, whether it suits them, whether it is convenient, or whether they found this truth appealing (i.e., "I prefer" eating ice creme, and I "prefer" not going to work every day....).

There is an absolute truth "out there", and the LORD God has revealed absolute truth, including truth pertaining to the critical issues of life, including who he is, including His Holiness,and how man can approach him, in his written word, which we call the Holy Bible. The LORD God has revealed absolute truth in his written word, "The scripture of truth:(Daniel 10:21), which "... is true from the beginning...."(Psalms 119:160), for "...thy word is truth..."(John 17:17), and "...thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name"(Psalms 138:4).

I will not allow anyone to spiritually molest others into accepting the casting "...down the truth to the ground..."(Daniel 8:12, Isaiah 59:14), and I will continue to "call their hand" in regards to their denial of the final authority of the Holy Bible, for eg. If their "feelings are hurt", I suggest they either join the "mutual admiration club", commonly known as "Entertainment Tonight", or take it up with the LORD God in "the Book". Oh, I forgot, they reject this as their final authority.

In and with Christ,

John M. Whalen