General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
I feel compelled to post the parable:

1: Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2: And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3: They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4: But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5: While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6: And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7: Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8: And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9: But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10: And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11: Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12: But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13: Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Notice the wise virgins did NOT, I repeat, did NOT share their oil with the foolish virgins.

You, reader, as you read this post, which are you? Wise, or foolish? Are you absolutely sure you're ready for the bridegroom?
Jesus is coming back, soon, and ONLY for his own. He will reject the foolish, and take in the wise.

Aloha sister,

Although the parable of the "ten virgins" can be "spiritually" used to warn Christians that we should be ready for the Lord Jesus Christ's eminent return - these verses cannot be applied "doctrinally" to a Christian.

Please check out my link: http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...6&postcount=14 on this subject if you want to know WHY the verses do not apply to Christians.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-29-2009, 02:40 PM

Boker Tov, George:
I don't have time to read all that. In a few sentences, you tell me why YOU don't believe the parable has anything to do with Christians, at all.
Tell me what other parts of the bible you believe have no connection with Christians.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Boker Tov, George:
I don't have time to read all that. In a few sentences, you tell me why YOU don't believe the parable has anything to do with Christians, at all.
Tell me what other parts of the bible you believe have no connection with Christians.
biblereader,

With all due respect, if you have no time to read a page or two of a concise and in-depth exposition of an important doctrinal issue but instead want someone to boil it down further to just a few sentences, your chances of learning anything more deeply than a superficial level are not very great.

God has this to say to us about how to study His Word:

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Isaiah
28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:

In all honesty and sincerity, I think you need to read the Bible less and study the Bible more.

Jennifer
Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 AM

Default Need Support

If anyone in here agrees with my posts, please send me a private message.
Otherwise, I'll lay low, as a "friend" of mine recently said.