Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post

Where is the grace you ask? Where is the mind that is the question I ask? Where is the mental leadership? Oh we have it from a guy that dose not have the will power to stop popping pills after he no longer needs them. I'm sure William F. Buckley, Thomas Jefferson, Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, Leonard Read, Hans F. Sennholtz, Frederic Bastiat, Henry Hazlitt, Paul L. Poirot, Murray N. Rothbard and Ludwig von Mises would be very proud of what we have become as a movement and a nation.
Funny how several of the people you listed were addicted to nicotine.

Rush isn't my "leader" and that's not the point; I don't have much use for any political party any more. The fact that he got addicted to pain medicine for a while doesn't have anything to do with any of this. Yes, I'm still asking "where's the grace" because you show none. In this thread Rush could be any average joe off the street. Your attitude is shockingly typical of so many independent Baptists these days.

Rush doesn't make me "proud to be an American" -- maybe some people feel that way about him; who cares. But if my belief in the Bible had anything to do with how other people who claim to believe the Bible behave, you'd make me ashamed to be a Christian.

Are you hoping this guy dies before accepting the Gospel? Would you get some kind of pleasure at his torment in hell? All because he got addicted to a prescription medicine? And why does your hero list include smokers like Rand and Buckley? What about their will power to quit an addiction? Why the double standard?

You don't like Rush, that's fine -- you don't like what he says, or you think he dumbs down the conversation for entertainment -- I can respect that. But singling out a physical failing like you did is vindictive and spiteful and shows none of the grace that the Lord showed you when he saved you.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Bro. Parrish

Atlas, while you were bashing Rush Limbaugh for popping LEGAL pills, I couldn't help but notice you dropped the names of William F. Buckley and Milton Friedman, who BOTH called for the legalization of ILLEGAL drugs like marijuana and worse...

So while on the one hand you are calling Rush a "dope head" you are promoting the thoughts of other imperfect men who if allowed would see our American streets and public clinics overrunning with "dope heads." I don't completely dislike Buckley or your other list, but you need to do some research before you throw stones brother.

Bottom line; like I said before nobody is perfect, I'm sure there are better people to lead our nation than Rush, but I'm not sure attacking other conservatives is helping the cause. Now settle down, before we have to sedate you!

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-03-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:18 AM

Atlas,
Beware of unrighteous judgement and be thankful that Our Lord has bestowed grace upon you to not be suffering a chronic pain.

I suffer from chronic artrithis and do "pill pop". I depend on natural minerals and vitamins and juices to control my pain. I do have to use painkillers like advil and aspirin once in a while if I have to, and have refused to take medication because of what happened to Rush. Most people take what their Doctors give them. Pain is a terrible thing and you should just be thankful you do not have a thorn in the flesh. Would you be strong enough? Do not throw God's grace for you in His face by railing against Rush.

Pray for Rush's salvation, all men are in need of prayer as you have shown us in your post here.

Renee
Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 AM

Default Re: "Rush Limbaugh First Address to the Nation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
"Guys,

You are " proud to be an American " because some pill popper gave a speech at some neocon meeting. Where is the grace you ask? Well I thought I said, " God's grace for a lost dope head and is all that impresses me. " I see many of the cult members have already defended the dope head already. We even have the leader of the GOP Steele telling Rush, " I'm sorry I told the truth about you being an entertainer. " Rush is part of the pop culture he is not a real thinker. He is not a real man of the mind and it shows in our party today.

I recall when the GOP had mental real leaders, people with real minds. People of the mind like von Mises, Buckley, Rand and Friedman other such great thinkers. Now we have Rush and Hannity. You have got to be kidding. Just take a look at the movies for example. The movies of yesteryear. Like Gone with the Wind or The Fountainhead for example. Movies based on good books. Now look at the movies of today. They are based on comic books. Batman, Spider man and X Men. Our culture and our nation is going down hill fast. Rush a dope head being our so called leader is just showing us how lame we are as a nation. We do not have the mental leadership we need. This is why we are not winning the battle of the mind. The same is true in the church as it is in out lame culture.

Where is the grace you ask? Where is the mind that is the question I ask? Where is the mental leadership? Oh we have it from a guy that dose not have the will power to stop popping pills after he no longer needs them. I'm sure William F. Buckley, Thomas Jefferson, Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, Leonard Read, Hans F. Sennholtz, Frederic Bastiat, Henry Hazlitt, Paul L. Poirot, Murray N. Rothbard and Ludwig von Mises would be very proud of what we have become as a movement and a nation.

Atlas"
Aloha brother Anderson,

Can you explain to me what is bothering you so much that you stoop to name calling ("I see many of the cult members have already defended the dope head already.") over some harmless comments from a fellow brother in Christ, who is out there "on the front lines", hazarding his life (and that of his entire family) for the Lord Jesus Christ?

WHAT is your problem brother? WHICH "cult" are you referring to? WHY do you suppose several of the brethren called you down about your "attitude"? Are they members of a "cult" because they have pointed out the error of your ways? [Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?] Have you ever been wrong? Have you ever admitted to being wrong? Ever?

Have you ever apologized for anything you've said, or is it your habit to "lash out" at anyone who might in the least bit criticize or disagree with something you may have said?

Some of the brethren have asked "where is the Grace"? How about some "Fruit"?

[Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Ephesians 5:9
(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
]

Brother Chette Nichols simply said that he liked what Rush said and that he was proud to be an American. He certainly wasn't endorsing Rush Limbaugh to become the head of the church! He never held Rush up as an example of what a Christian should be. And he certainly wasn't endorsing our American "Culture"! That much is clear by the Posts that he has made here on the Forum. So again, WHAT is your problem brother?

Brother Chette is out on the edge of the "Frontier" of the Philippines (Palawan) establishing churches; preaching the Gospel; endeavoring to help those who are desperately in need of help; living on $50.00 to $400.00 dollars a month; and under physical conditions that most of us would not put up with for a month - never mind for years (as he has).

I doubt if either you or I (combined) have sacrificed half of what brother Chette has sacrificed in order to serve our Lord, so "lighten up" brother.

You need an "attitude adjustment" brother. No one on this Forum looks up to Rush Limbaugh as some kind of "Hero". But he would be a far better "improvement" over almost all of the Democratic Politicians in our country; and probably many so-called Republicans also.

You and I have clashed in the past over doctrine and over jackboot, authoratarian pastors who think they can replace the Lord Jesus Christ in HIS church. Some of the brethren are encouraging you to show some Grace; after all, if you can tolerate heretics, and make excuses for them, and defend them, you should have some tolerance for a fellow brother in Christ, who simply expressed himself and made a harmless comment that certainly didn't come even close to heresy.

I've said it before brother, you need to grow up. Your "attitude" reflects the same "attitude" and teachings of those totalatarian pastors that have become so prevelent amongst certain "Fundamentalist" churches in America today.

Name calling is NOT a Christian "virtue". When you carelessly accuse some (who?) on the Forum of being "cult members" (are you referring to "all" of us or just "some" of us?), you are accusing the brethren; and unless you can back up your accusation you owe both brother Chette and those of us on the Forum, an apology.

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Last edited by George; 03-03-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Bro. Parrish

Okay beloved, everybody chill...
I might need some pills after this thread...
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM

Default Re: " Rush Limbaugh First Address to the Nation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Okay beloved, everybody chill...
I might need some pills after this thread...
Aloha brother,

If this were the first time, I would agree with you, but this is a recurring "theme" with Atlas. No one should accuse brethren of being a "cult", unless they can PROVE they are a "cult". That's what got my P.J."s in a knot! That, and his "attitude" towards brother Chette.

Christians shouldn't be carelessly engaging in "name calling" - you know the "Old Saying": "People who live in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones!"

Even though I'm an "old curmudgeon", I'm real careful with any accusations that I make. I'm prepared to back up my accusations with Scripture and facts. Something brother Atlas hasn't learned yet.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Christians shouldn't be carelessly engaging in "name calling" - you know the "Old Saying": "People who live in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones!"
A wise man also said: People that live in glass houses should change in the basement.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Bro. Parrish

Hey it's all good George, I hear you brother...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM

Guys,

I see many of you still like to defend Rush " Hillbilly Heroin. " He only quit after he got caught. It's like the guy who robs a bank shoots a few people and then cries in court " I'm sorry. " This is the same deal with Rush, yet millions listen to him everyday. This is the problem. As I stand opposed to folks abusing Oxycontin AKA: " Hillbilly Heroin " and am making a comment about our nation and culture and the cult like mentality that people seem to have for Hillbilly Heroin Rush and you all mad at me. Just as the Obama cult they defend Obama no matter what. Then some on the right also seem to have a cult mentality. I'll bet I could have said Ayn Rand was a whore and stepped out on her husband for years and no one would have said a word about it. As I make the statement about Rand it is 100% true just as the statement about the Hillbilly Heroin Rush is 100% true. Yet I say something about Rush the pill popper and you all get mad. Now that is very funny indeed.

As far as smoking goes. Sure I did smoke for four years of my life age 16 to to 20. When I found out it was a sin I stopped doing it. Before I knew it was a sin I thought of smoking like drinking a Coke or a Pepsi. I also no longer use caffeine either, I think it's bad for you so I stopped drinking pop also. Are you saying some guy smoking a Winston is the same as a man using hillbilly heroin? I guess Rush had not idea that he was hooked on hillbilly heroin and it was the wrong thing to do. Aren't you the same person that thinks drinking is not a sin? I'll bet you've got a six pack in the fridge right now. I'll also know this I can give you many Bible verses about drinking and if your lucky you may can find one they may or may not be used for smoking.

Sure I have apologized for some things I have said when I am in the wrong. I never do apologize when I am right however. I see no need to do so. Are you for the use of hillbilly heroin to get high? Do you think it is right to defend a drug addict by saying we all have sinned? We all have sinned no doubt about it. Well can you not say the same for a thief? Well it's ok that Ken Lay robbed everyone at Enron, we all live in glass houses so no need to judge him right.

Look if you guys want to listen to a guy that was on hillbilly heroin for years that is fine with me. If he makes you proud to be an American, well that's ok with me. Just do not defend a druggie and say he is the best this party has to offer. then keep it up. Let a dope head be the mind power behind our party that could have much better leaders. I just ask why dumb down the party. Why not use some of the classical ideas that built the party? Why not use some good leaders that we do have. Why not Newt? Why not someone else. Why dose it have to be a pill popper when we can do far better. That was the point of the whole post to start with. The point many of you have missed. We have went from Jefferson, Goldwater, Regan, Buckley, Rand and Friedman to Rush. Think that over a little. This is not good for our party or our nation.

Atlas
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM

Atlas,

If you're having difficulty with your vision, then I could understand your misconception and outright ignorance about the feelings of the others involved in this topic because of difficulty reading.

However, if you are not having vision difficulties, then either you're a liar or you're not reading others' posts, which means you're a self-centered individual who refuses to have his opinion reconciled with the facts.

No one here said they even liked Rush Limbaugh, so your brash statement that those of us who responded to your post negatively are cultists is ignorant to an astonishing degree. No one defended his use of prescription medication: we simply stated that it's understandable that a person in his situation would succumb to that. At least one person involved said that Rush was not the reason that they felt proud to be an American, so again you're blowing smoke out of your posterior.

You have an attitude problem, like Bro. George said. Your rotten attitude stinks.

I second everything that Bro. George said in his first post to you. Every single little thing.