Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:09 PM
whirlwind

Default The Gospel Must First Be Published.

Ezekiel 29:21 In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the LORD."
"In that day" is when the king of Babylon, (historically king Nebuchadrezzar but in the future sense it is Satan himself), will arrive for his great tribulation, his hour of temptation. DECEPTION, DECEPTION, DECEPTION, for he will be pretending to be Christ just as his followers now pretend to be Christian. Perhaps they even believe they are Christians. They are the "many antichrists/antichristians" running around spreading lies. Will we believe them/him? God tells us many will. As...they are now.

However, "in that day," when folks are falling all over themselves to worship the fake because they aren't being taught that the fake comes first.....God will "cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth." When does this "budding" first begin? While we are in the wilderness and that is, I believe, NOW. The witnesses are teaching God's children as the Holy Spirit speaks through them.

Biblically, "horn" is symbolic of power. The power of the house of Israel (CHRISTIANS!) will "bud forth." The horn/power is....God's very elect, His "man child" of end times who are of the two witnesses, of whom there are many. Notice the rod of power isn't fully developed but they are "budding." They are getting stronger as His Spirit is teaching, opening new revelations, preparing for that day. Already we witness for Him as the time draws nearer but soon......

Mark 13:9-13 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them. And the gospel must first be published among all nations. But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not yet that speak, but the Holy Ghost. Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
The gospel must first be "published," or...

#2784 to herald (as a public crier), espec. divine truth (the gospel), - preacher (-er), proclaim, publish

The definition of "gospel" is the good news. Here it is the "divine truth." That is an interesting distinction. The good news has been spread around the world but the...divine truth is, I believe, the latter rain that has yet to be proclaimed. That deeper knowledge is what "must first be published," and that happens when the Holy Spirit speaks through the witnesses of end times.

Joel 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for He hath given you the former rain moderately, and He will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

2:28-29 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My spirit.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 06-23-2009, 01:57 PM

Default Re: "The Gospel Must First Be Published."

Whirlwind,

Why don't you take some time and just relax and read some of the Threads and Posts by the brethren that have preceded you?

You are up to almost 8 Posts per day (in just 2 days!) - NOT a very "auspicious start" for a newbie and a "stranger" to boot!

You aren't the only one who has "studied" his Bible, and by the "tenor" of your Posts (and their frequency) and the "tone" of your comments I get the feeling that you "think" that you know something "new", that the rest of us "plebs" don't know; and you are real anxious to "instruct" us - even if we aren't interested in what you have to say.

Calm down, relax, and get to know folks. Just don't barge in here and start pushing your personal "convictions". Give us a chance to get to know you first!

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:30 PM
whirlwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Whirlwind,

Give us a chance to get to know you first!
I am...by posting. How else could you "get to know me?"

I didn't realize the forum required folks to sit back, relax and just read. I thought it was about Biblical discussion...which I have been doing.

Do you greet all newcomers with instructions like this?

I have read many posts and found many to be interesting so I'm sorry to see you write...."even if we aren't interested in what you have to say." I guess if I agreed with everything written here then I wouldn't have received such a rude...and not very Christian....message.

11 Timothy 2:24-25 And the servant of the LORD must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:06 PM

Default Re: " The Gospel Must First Be Published."

Quote:
Originally Posted by George

Whirlwind,

Give us a chance to get to know you first!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
I am...by posting. How else could you "get to know me?"

I didn't realize the forum required folks to sit back, relax and just read. I thought it was about Biblical discussion...which I have been doing.

Do you greet all newcomers with instructions like this?

I have read many posts and found many to be interesting so I'm sorry to see you write...."even if we aren't interested in what you have to say." I guess if I agreed with everything written here then I wouldn't have received such a rude...and not very Christian....message.

11 Timothy 2:24-25 And the servant of the LORD must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves.
Whirlwind,

Quote:
Quote:
"I am...by posting. How else could you "get to know me?"
Very simple - Tell us a something about yourself.

When I meet another brother in Christ, before we "jump into" various doctrines, we normally share a word of testimony and tell each other something about each other.

What you have done (as a new member and a stranger) is to jump into several issues at the same time and at the slightest opposition from some regular members, you take "offense" and start judging our responses to you (a new member and a stranger) as "not being very Christian"!

Have you ever heard of "common courtesy"? Are you familiar with having some "respect" and "consideration" for the existing members? Or are you going to continue "LECTURING" us, as if we are a bunch of ignorant children?

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 PM
whirlwind

[QUOTE=George;22619]Whirlwind,

Quote:
Very simple - Tell us a something about yourself.

When I meet another brother in Christ, before we "jump into" various doctrines, we normally share a word of testimony and tell each other something about each other.

What you have done (as a new member and a stranger) is to jump into several issues at the same time and at the slightest opposition from some regular members, you take "offense" and start judging our responses to you (a new member and a stranger) as "not being very Christian"!

Have you ever heard of "common courtesy"? Are you familiar with having some "respect" and "consideration" for the existing members? Or are you going to continue "LECTURING" us, as if we are a bunch of ignorant children?

"Common courtesy." You are asking me that? I thought to myself....gosh, this guy must be from NEW YORK CITY! Perhaps you forget who said........."even if we aren't interested in what you have to say." Or informed me that I wasn't off to a.....very "auspicious start" for a newbie and a "stranger" to boot" because I had the audacity to reply to posts.

I fail to see why you see this thread as "lecturing" anyone. As far as "telling you something about myself," I would ask...why? I love His Word....love it. I'm not here to meet new friends but I am here to learn and teach and discuss. If you feel that is impudent...I must disagree.

As far as I know, disagreeing with others is in no way lecturing or being disrespectful...it is simply disagreeing.