Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Spirit of Elijah.

Cool Need help and prayer

A brother at church tonight has asked me to go with him out side a tarrot card festiville this coming weekend, need your prayers and if anyone know how to obtain a tract over the internet with this subject. Anyone know where i could look. Regards "Of"

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Grumpy Hillbilly

praying here
Old 11-10-2008, 12:07 AM

I think Jack Chick has some occult focussed tracts. Let me see if I can find something else *pauses to go look*

Ok, I found two links that might be of service. The first is an article that deals with the religion that these tarot practitioners are generally involved with. It is also the religion I was into when I was a teenager. It is VERY seductive, and you will have a very difficult time reaching these folks. I would encourage you to be about the business of prayer and fasting before and during your street preaching. The second link is a tract that you can have sent to you (they're trifold tracts, which I think are nice) or you can have them printed out yourself if you need them in a jiffy.

Here are the links:

http://www.pfbaptistpress.org/204.htm
http://www.tbaptist.com/aab/theoccult.htm

I will pray for your witness as well.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen

EDIT: Ok I have more advice. I want to stress again that these folks are going to be difficult. I have warned you. I think it would be well advised that you make a list of Scriptures that deal with witchcraft and sorcery etc for use in your witness. Just stick with the basics with these folks. Show them that witchcraft is sin in God's eyes, and then present the gospel to them. Be prepared for many people who will claim to have once been Christians. Do not get derailed by them when they tell you this. Treat these folks like anyone else. Don't ague with them; since an argument is what these folks will be looking for. Just keep to the basics, and treat them like any other lost soul out there, and give them the good news of Christ Jesus crucified, buried and risen! Let the Holy Ghost take it from there.

Last edited by stephanos; 11-10-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Spirit of Elijah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I think Jack Chick has some occult focussed tracts. Let me see if I can find something else *pauses to go look*

Ok, I found two links that might be of service. The first is an article that deals with the religion that these tarot practitioners are generally involved with. It is also the religion I was into when I was a teenager. It is VERY seductive, and you will have a very difficult time reaching these folks. I would encourage you to be about the business of prayer and fasting before and during your street preaching. The second link is a tract that you can have sent to you (they're trifold tracts, which I think are nice) or you can have them printed out yourself if you need them in a jiffy.

Here are the links:

http://www.pfbaptistpress.org/204.htm
http://www.tbaptist.com/aab/theoccult.htm

I will pray for your witness as well.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen

EDIT: Ok I have more advice. I want to stress again that these folks are going to be difficult. I have warned you. I think it would be well advised that you make a list of Scriptures that deal with witchcraft and sorcery etc for use in your witness. Just stick with the basics with these folks. Show them that witchcraft is sin in God's eyes, and then present the gospel to them. Be prepared for many people who will claim to have once been Christians. Do not get derailed by them when they tell you this. Treat these folks like anyone else. Don't ague with them; since an argument is what these folks will be looking for. Just keep to the basics, and treat them like any other lost soul out there, and give them the good news of Christ Jesus crucified, buried and risen! Let the Holy Ghost take it from there.
Thx Grummpy

Thx Stephen for your wise advice the brother said last year he went on his own and was down cast by the end of the night with spiritual attacks he claims. Ill look at those ,link now that you provided.

regards "Of"
Old 11-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Spirit of Elijah.

[Had a quick look, the only problem I live Australia and need them this saturday, I was looking for free downloadable ones- hate to be difficult.
If i carn,t get any will use my more generalized repentance tracts. regards "Of"..

Mich 6:8
Old 11-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Elijah. View Post
Thx Stephen for your wise advice the brother said last year he went on his own and was down cast by the end of the night with spiritual attacks he claims. Ill look at those ,link now that you provided.

regards "Of"
Brother, I would strongly advise that you skip this thing entirely. I was involved in the occult before I was saved, and I know these people. If you go to one of their events, you're dealing with them on their own turf, and, even worse, you're dealing with them as a group. I'm not downplaying the wonderful power of Christ, but this is not the way to do it.

The way to deal with occult people is individually. You need to get such a person away from his friends, where it's one on one (or two on one; taking a brother with you is even better), and his friends aren't backing him up. In such situations, the deck is stacked against you - - - no pun intended.

When you deal with them as a group, the unclean spirits are more powerful than at any other time. It's like dealing with drunks: when they're all together and having a good time, reveling in their sin, they're much less likely to listen. You need to get them alone, where the Spirit can work on them individually and intimately, and they won't have their "support group."

I'm not trying to discourage you in your witness, but I'm warning you: this is a dangerous situation, and only the most mature believers could handle it. I've been saved for 39 years, and even I wouldn't go to this sort of thing.

There's a reason your friend was "cast down" by the end of the night. He was probably just overwhelmed by the unclean spirits. Do you think it's God's will to put yourself in such a position?

Please, brother, skip it. Deal with them one on one. This isn't like passing out tracts at a beach or a rock concert; this is invading the Enemy's home territory in a way that is, I think, unscriptural. Paul dealt with the "intellectuals" as a group, in Acts 17; but when he or Peter dealt with occult or possessed people, it was always individually.

If you go, you will be opening yourself up for horrible Satanic oppression, if not outright possession. Please pray about this.

As I say, I speak from experience.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Brother, I would strongly advise that you skip this thing entirely. I was involved in the occult before I was saved, and I know these people. If you go to one of their events, you're dealing with them on their own turf, and, even worse, you're dealing with them as a group. I'm not downplaying the wonderful power of Christ, but this is not the way to do it.

The way to deal with occult people is individually. You need to get such a person away from his friends, where it's one on one (or two on one; taking a brother with you is even better), and his friends aren't backing him up. In such situations, the deck is stacked against you - - - no pun intended.

When you deal with them as a group, the unclean spirits are more powerful than at any other time. It's like dealing with drunks: when they're all together and having a good time, reveling in their sin, they're much less likely to listen. You need to get them alone, where the Spirit can work on them individually and intimately, and they won't have their "support group."

I'm not trying to discourage you in your witness, but I'm warning you: this is a dangerous situation, and only the most mature believers could handle it. I've been saved for 39 years, and even I wouldn't go to this sort of thing.

There's a reason your friend was "cast down" by the end of the night. He was probably just overwhelmed by the unclean spirits. Do you think it's God's will to put yourself in such a position?

Please, brother, skip it. Deal with them one on one. This isn't like passing out tracts at a beach or a rock concert; this is invading the Enemy's home territory in a way that is, I think, unscriptural. Paul dealt with the "intellectuals" as a group, in Acts 17; but when he or Peter dealt with occult or possessed people, it was always individually.

If you go, you will be opening yourself up for horrible Satanic oppression, if not outright possession. Please pray about this.

As I say, I speak from experience.
I personally wouldn't necessarily skip out on it, but that's because I have experience with these folks and know exactly what to expect and how to get the best results. VR's advice is sound and you would be well advised to get them to talk with you one on one instead of a big sign and shouting at them. If I were you I would have had situation specific tracts ready in advance (which you don't) and I would prepare some things I might say to these folks. I would then go around talking with folks about the gospel one on one. I'd be passing out tracts and avoiding debates. This sort of event is a seed sowing type event. You want to cast out as many seeds as possible then get out and let the Holy Ghost take it from there.

I've seen a lot of youtube videos of people with big signs shouting at folks, and I'm just not convinced this does anything except make us look rediculous. I'm all for street preaching, but there is a difference between a sign and message that is aimed at spreading the gospel, and a sign/message meant to cast judgement on folks for their sins against a God they don't believe in.

So I guess you could go either way on this one. VR's advice is good, and if you don't go to this event don't beat yourself up about it. If you do go, do be prepared and keep your message simple. A lot of pagans will respond to humility, and they will know if you aren't sincere. Showing them that the only reason you're there is because you are indeed concerned about where they're going to spend eternity is going to help you.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 11-11-2008, 07:10 AM

It seems to me like a case of Jonathan going up against a garrison of Philistines; God can take 'em, but you're going out on a limb here. There are much better (and safer!) places to witness publicly. A place where devils are openly consorted with and worshiped is a bad place for anyone to put themselves in needlessly.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Bro. Parrish

S.O.E., I'm not sure what you're saying...
is your friend going to witness or because he is interested in the occult? Either way, stay away and tell your fellow church member to do the same. If he has interest in Tarot readings, there must be a reason, maybe he should speak to your pastor for help. Christ offers us more than enough peace and security without the need for dabbling in these things.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:21 AM
Spirit of Elijah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
S.O.E., I'm not sure what you're saying...
is your friend going to witness or because he is interested in the occult? Either way, stay away and tell your fellow church member to do the same. If he has interest in Tarot readings, there must be a reason, maybe he should speak to your pastor for help. Christ offers us more than enough peace and security without the need for dabbling in these things.
He doesn,t .lol. want to go to read Tarrot cards. He want to go out side this time , to had out tract to people going to go into the place where their holding a palm read or card reading festival.'.
V Rides I am hearing what you say I will pass on your thought via e-mail as well as stephens reply if thats ok to see what he think.
I go witnessing all the time but only where I have had experiance with a brother or who has done it for years, been out witnessing at momon temples R Howard Brown meetings had much peace with all these, but as I said to my brother at bible study last night I would be at more peace if he or I had done this sort of thing with experiance. I said to him also the Lord might want us to fast the day before we go ?I might put it to him again. Vaule your prayers in our decition making. Regards "of"

Acts..20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.