Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
ericwgreene

peopleoftheway - that's a shame, cause I was impressed with your post of the picture from the back of the Chick tract. And if I am such the evil person why would I priority ship tracks to Brother Tim?

Furthermore, I come asking a sincere question and I even reveal my motive to be as transparent as possible and yet no one will answer my question.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 09-23-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm wondering if I'm alone when I say, as a young Christian the Holy Spirit stirred my heart with conviction and "power" when I read the KJB. I discerned and perceived a real connection, intimacy, and spiritual understanding when I read and meditated on God's Word when reading from the KJB, and lost it when attempting to use other, easier to understand, versions.

As a young Christian, I received no instruction, no history, and no persuasion from men or books. Just the Holy Spirit bearing witness with my spirit. I cannot offer anything in addition to that. The Spirit, through the Word, written in the KJB, bore witness with my spirit. All of the historical evidence simply confirms what I already knew.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:09 PM

I do not think you to be evil, only confused. I do want to comment on the tracts, but will do so in that thread.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
ericwgreene

Forrest - thank you for your heart felt, honest answer. I appreciate that very much.

But, here is the problem with such experiences being the basis of a KJV-only conviction. This is the same experience used by Mormons to confirm that Mormonism is the true religion.

Our faith must be rooted in something more than an emotional experience otherwise we are no different from the cults and charismatics...

I do thank you for your reply and honesty.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I do not think you to be evil, only confused. I do want to comment on the tracts, but will do so in that thread.
Thank you for not thinking me evil. I am not confused, I just desire to discuss and get questions answered. Yes - I am not looking to be converted to KJV-onlyism but I do not think my desire to not be converted to KJV-onlyism disqualifies me from asking a question.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM

Eric
Since joining this forum, which you knew was KJB only and you have left KJB onlyism as you call it and have no desire to return to KJB onlyism, your motive can only be to stir up strife and contention within this forum. You prefer the ESV is that the preserved word of God? At the end of the day, we ALL stand ONE BIBLE as the inerrant Word Of God, what do you stand for? If the KJB is not the innerent Word of God what is?
And as for your proof, I have no need to give any MAN proof , for the LORD Jesus Christ spoke into my heart
Psalms 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
He told me me that the glorious book I hold in my hand is His preserved word in English, and do you know what? I trust my God more than a contentious apostate.
Do you realise that the brethren on this forum disagree on a lot of things, but at the end of the day we are all working for the greater Good and it is all about the Edifying of the brethren and there is always resolve (except the Kooks, which I think you are slowing ebbing towards)
Nothing you have written on this forum had edified me in the least little bit and I would imagine a lot feel the same, so why do you persist? Your game is to rack up as many contentious posts disagreeing with as many as you can until you finally get banned.

I cant write anymore,

Im Done.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:15 PM

Eric, not a "experience" in the way you are using it. I'm speaking of true reality. Fact not feeling.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
ericwgreene

Quote:
He told me me that the glorious book I hold in my hand is His preserved word in English, and do you know what?
How did God tell you specifically that the KJV is the preserved Word of God?

Your comment borders on the charismatic. Are you Pentecostal?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:21 PM

No, Baptist. Does the Holy Spirit bear witness with your spirit that you are the child of God? If not, be saved. If so, how does He do it?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:23 PM

No Im not Charismatic, nor am I pentecostal, I was raised open Brethren and I am now Baptist.
God speaks to us through his written word, I have read other VERSIONS and they do not speak to me the way the KJB does, this is the last post I will answer because you are so blatantly causing strife.

LORD, I'm done with this man.