Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:14 PM

Exclamation A Prayer Request From The New Guy.

This s not a thing I am proud of, but I would love Prayer. Years ago me and my best friend used to buy smokes from the vending machines that used to be everywhere.(Do they even have those anymore?) Anyway, we were around thirteen and were trying to be "cool" (we were foolish), this turned into a smoking addiction. As I creep towards 40, I decided I NEED to quit. Today is my third day with the "patch". It seems to help. But like I say I would love your Prayers as I fight this 20+ year addiction. Blessings! (Any good Scriptures to reflect on would be GREAT!)
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-29-2008, 05:17 PM

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
That is a good verse my Brother! Keep them coming. I might write a fe on index cards and read them if I THINK about a smoke!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 PM

To tie in with the above verse:
Quote:
James 1:2-3 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
There is great joy when you have the temptation come at you and you win the battle with God's strength.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
To tie in with the above verse:
There is great joy when you have the temptation come at you and you win the battle with God's strength.
Nice!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:46 PM

I smoked for nearly 10 years myself. I used the patch to quit. Worked quite well for me. The thing you must keep in mind is that if you slip up and smoke don't quit quiting! So what, you slipped up, doesn't mean you're not still quitting. Also, the things that helped me quit was constantly telling myself that I wasn't a smoker anymore. When I'd feel tempted I'd just say something like "I'm not a smoker anymore, why would I want to do that?"

No worries! You don't smoke anymore!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
I smoked for nearly 10 years myself. I used the patch to quit. Worked quite well for me. The thing you must keep in mind is that if you slip up and smoke don't quit quiting! So what, you slipped up, doesn't mean you're not still quitting. Also, the things that helped me quit was constantly telling myself that I wasn't a smoker anymore. When I'd feel tempted I'd just say something like "I'm not a smoker anymore, why would I want to do that?"

No worries! You don't smoke anymore!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Thank you! God Bless.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 AM

Praying for you brother. God bless you for wanting to quit that bad habit.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 PM

So far so good. Still no cancer sticks! (People, WHY are this things legal? Think, ANY other product that KILLED or MAIMED over 50% of it's consumers when used in accord with the intended use of said product, would legally be deemed a "defective product"! Can anyone say, SECOND BIGGEST LOBBY! Anyway...my only bad craving this morning was when I made coffee and let the dog out, I would usually have a smoke and sip my java while she did her "biz". I think it was a "habit" craving.