Missions Support For missionaries and those who wish to support them. This forum is strictly for missions aid request, support, praise, and prayer. Off-topic posts will be deleted unceremoniously!

Old 02-15-2009, 08:25 PM

Default Missions Web Site

Hello everyone,

A while back, my church paid a decent sum of money for a website for missionaries who didn't have their own sites. In my mind, the design was going to be somewhat like MySpace, in that each user would be able to login and have their own pages to put info, background, and monthly newsletter for easy syndication (RSS, Atom, etc.).

I communicated this to a buddy of mine and he built something like that; the only problem is that it's not completely finished. The website is at www.GrandCentralMissions.org, and we also own www.gcm.org for easier access or linking.

My problem is that the site is unfinished, and I don't want to leave my church in the lurch ( ) and waste their money. Now, unfortunately I don't know much HTML, let alone PHP, so I was hoping to find some missions-minded brethren that could give me a hand and collaborate with me on this project. Being completely broke, I can't pay anyone to do this, so it would have to be a labor of love for whoever would be willing to help. If anyone is proficient with PHP and MySQL and has the time and inclination to help, please let me know either on this thread or by email (MC1171611@me.com).

Thanks brethren (and sistren ).
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-16-2009, 09:33 PM

This site www.gcm.org is up for sale. God bless.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBibleSender View Post
This site www.gcm.org is up for sale. God bless.
I'm sorry; it had been so long since I did anything with it that I had forgotten that the URL was www.gcm1611.org. I'm installing Drupal, a very wide-use CMS, to see what I can do. If anyone has experience with that and could give me some advice, it would be appreciated.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 AM

From the sounds of what you want to do, it sounds like Wordpress MU may be useful.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:26 PM

Ok, it's about 75% done or so; I still have a few basic tweaks to do to make it do what I want, but I've implemented Facebook integration as well as many other handy options.

Our slogan is more or less "MySpace for Missionaries."

And I'm not kidding: I want this to be the networking site for any Bible Believing missionary that wants an online presence, and more so for those that don't have their own web sites.

Check it out if you have time: both www.GrandCentralMissions.org and http://GCM1611.org work the same.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Ok, it's about 75% done or so; I still have a few basic tweaks to do to make it do what I want, but I've implemented Facebook integration as well as many other handy options.

Our slogan is more or less "MySpace for Missionaries."

And I'm not kidding: I want this to be the networking site for any Bible Believing missionary that wants an online presence, and more so for those that don't have their own web sites.

Check it out if you have time: both www.GrandCentralMissions.org and http://GCM1611.org work the same.
Nice work brosef, keep on keepin on!

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-01-2009, 09:38 PM

I tried to log in but it keeps saying I have used up my onetime log in even though I requested a new one. God bless.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBibleSender View Post
I tried to log in but it keeps saying I have used up my onetime log in even though I requested a new one. God bless.
I activated your account a few days ago, so it shouldn't be doing that now...make sure you're going directly to www.gcm1611.org and logging in with your username and password on the home page: the link that you were sent in the email is a single use login verification.