Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:00 PM

OnlineBaptist is just a haven for

Lordship Salvationists & Ray Comfort-ites (Romfortites haha).

They take a comfortable position on the KJV (it's the best, but not perfect). Reading some of their threads, half cannot agree on what a person must do to be saved, and the other half sit around patting themselves on the back that they aren't like the rest of America - making claims like -

"it makes me so sad that people think they are going to heaven because they trust Jesus but they have never accepted him as Lord"

NO IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU SAD. IT MAKES YOU PROUD - you think you are better than someone else who is backslidden, less obedient or even lost in sin. If it made you so sad, you wouldn't be posting about it on a forum and amening someone else because you are so wonderful and obedient to the Saviour...
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

They take a comfortable position on the KJV (it's the best, but not perfect). Reading some of their threads, half cannot agree on what a person must do to be saved, and the other half sit around patting themselves on the back that they aren't like the rest of America - making claims like -

"it makes me so sad that people think they are going to heaven because they trust Jesus but they have never accepted him as Lord"

NO IT DOESN'T MAKE YOU SAD. IT MAKES YOU PROUD - you think you are better than someone else who is backslidden, less obedient or even lost in sin. If it made you so sad, you wouldn't be posting about it on a forum and amening someone else because you are so wonderful and obedient to the Saviour...
I have to interject here (for the benefit of lurkers and other "spies" ) that I believe that Bro. Matt, the administrator of Online Baptist, is a very good man with an honest heart. My feeling is that he has a rather clouded pool of members to draw from for moderators, and he winds up with mouthy people, ignoramuses, and doctrinally-challenged individuals. He's not around much (real life is a pain!) so the young, testosterone-charged individual with lots of time on his hands enjoys exercising his moderator powers. That seems to have toned down somewhat recently, but I do think that Bro. Matt has difficulty finding a proper balance. I can sympathize; running a popular or busy forum isn't easy.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

LOL! I think you just made a funny ^_^

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 10-28-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
I have to interject here (for the benefit of lurkers and other "spies" ) that I believe that Bro. Matt, the administrator of Online Baptist, is a very good man with an honest heart. My feeling is that he has a rather clouded pool of members to draw from for moderators, and he winds up with mouthy people, ignoramuses, and doctrinally-challenged individuals. He's not around much (real life is a pain!) so the young, testosterone-charged individual with lots of time on his hands enjoys exercising his moderator powers. That seems to have toned down somewhat recently, but I do think that Bro. Matt has difficulty finding a proper balance. I can sympathize; running a popular or busy forum isn't easy.
I wasn't really talking about Bro. Matt.. never come across him. I was talking about everyone else who thinks repentance is turning from sin and can't seem to comprehend how or why God does it..
Old 10-29-2008, 04:26 AM

Default Re: Kenny's comments - "Dr. Ruckman ???"

Aloha all,

I wonder why Kenny is surprised that some of us defend brother Ruckman, if unfounded charges are made against him?

None of us will defend him, if he has done wrong - but his (Kenny's) questions and "innuendo" about him; his doctrine; and his marriages; clearly indicate that he doesn't know him personally, and that he knows very little about Brother Ruckman's ministry (other than a bunch of malicious "gossip" and "hearsay").

There are several people on this Forum that have met brother Ruckman personally (I, for one); heard him preach and teach the Bible; read many of his books; and have personal knowledge of his private life (something Kenny can only make veiled harmful remarks about! (All "nicely" couched in "sweet" "acceptible" words - of course! ) There are even a couple of Pensacola Bible Institute {PBI - Ruckman's School} graduates that attended Dr. Ruckman's School and personally spent time with him over a period of several years.

"Kenny", before you proceed with any more destructive remarks about a fellow brother in Christ (and also a wonderful sister in Christ - Gail Riplinger) please read some of my earlier posts on this Forum:

AV1611 Bible Forums:
General Chit-Chat > Dr. Ruckman > Page 7 > Post #67
General Chit-Chat > Dr. Ruckman > Page 10 > Post #91

I wonder why certain people come on this Forum and begin criticizing brethren (fellow brothers and sisters in Christ) without knowing them? How is it that "Christians" get involved in this kind of destructive criticism, and make judgments and pronouncements about people they don't know? Hmmm?

Could it be that they are getting their "information" from a "third party"? If they haven't met them; haven't known them personally; haven't sat under their ministry; haven't heard them preach or teach; and haven't read many of their books - How is it that they are making these "judgments", without personally knowing those involved?

Why do they "imply" wrong-doing in regards to brother Ruckman's marriages, if they know nothing about the circumstances involved? Hmmm?

Why do they make disparaging remarks about brother Ruckman's ministry and Gail Riplinger's books, etc. without ever telling us WHY (specifically) they don't like them or their books, etc.

I think that Kenny and anyone else that "feels" the way he does about brother Ruckman and sister Gail Riplinger ought to: "Man-up"! I mean that he should identify the "third party" where he is getting all of the "dirt" from in regards to these brethren (sistern?).

After all, if Kenny doesn't know (firsthand) about these people, then "someone" must be feeding him this "garbage" about them, and I believe that he has a "duty" to identify the "perpetrator" (or "perpetrators"), in order for us to identify them and "avoid" them as our Bible instructs us to do.
[Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.]

And if "Kenny" is unwilling to identify the guilty party (or parties), then "Kenny" should have the decency and courtesy to stop his "destructive criticism" and "smearing" of fellow Christians (who are out there trying to serve the Lord and honor His Holy word) without any specific "facts" or "charges".

Bad mouthing and running down brethren, who are called of God to serve Him, seems to be a favorite "past-time" of certain "sanctified" and "separated" Christians now-a-days. After dealing with these kinds of "Christians" for over 40 years, I find that there is very little "profit" in engaging them in conversation or debate, since their minds are made up before they know the facts.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:05 PM

Thank you brother George.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:38 AM

pbiwolski,

What are you talking about. What did you find that you wanted all of us to see?

Do you see outlaw abortion? I'm looking for that but have yet to find it.

Quote:
Sorry to come in so late here, but I finally found what I wanted to post!

http://www.kjv1611.org/BBB/2008/jun-08.pdf

Atlas
Old 10-30-2008, 11:19 AM

Dearest Atlas,

I sense that our earlier dissagreements are still lurking under the guise of your brief questionnaire. To this I feel like doing what I did this morning (around 3:30 am) - I got out of bed, went to our 6 month old baby's crib, felt around in the dark until I found the pacifier, and, with fatherly love, placed it delicately in the crying mouth (it was a successful procedure, although an annoyance to my peaceful rest).

So, Atlas, I was simply talking about a remark that I previously posted saying, "Ruckman for president." This line of humor can be found located between two faces, allowing all readers to designate the statement as a joke.

As the presidential elections are upon us, I thought it a bit fitting (still joking here, brother) to stick this phrase amid the overwhelming applause given to Dr. Ruckman by the posters of AV1611.com.

The phrase reminded me of the article I enjoyed reading some months back from the Bible Believer's Bulletin. I later looked it up to post the mentioned article (from whence my comical phrase originated) for others to view at their leisure.

I suppose I have been cordial and thorough in explaining exactly what I was "suggesting" toward you(?), and hope my reply is sufficient in ending our correspondence in this matter.