Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:40 PM

Anyone have any info about David Gibbs testifing against Hovind in this? I heard it somewhere but would like some more info before I go around saying it's true. God bless.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-11-2009, 03:59 PM

This is the beginning of one of the most beautiful documents ever penned:

Quote:
When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. --Such has been the patient sufferance of these colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former systems of government.
If Chette or anyone wants to be picky, this entire country was built upon rebellion against the Higher Powers of the King of England. But the past is the past. Let us take to heart the Declaration of Independance and return to a government whose powers are defined within the Constitution. Then, and only then, will America know peace again.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Bro. Parrish

Stephen,
I couldn't have said it better myself, nice post.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:59 AM

good luck with your rebellion guys. Me I will submit and be a servant. and I will have my reward in Heaven. though we may hold these truths to be self evident that every man is created equal by his creator God's word never has promised us anything in this world.

Psalmist says, Ps 33:18, 19 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
and

Ps 34:11-19 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

The fear of the Lord is to do what is right and no matter how you want to justify taxes our legal representative voted in those taxes and we are obligated to pay them under the Romans 13 mandate from God's word.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
good luck with your rebellion guys. Me I will submit and be a servant. and I will have my reward in Heaven. though we may hold these truths to be self evident that every man is created equal by his creator God's word never has promised us anything in this world.

Psalmist says, Ps 33:18, 19 Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
and

Ps 34:11-19 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD. What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

The fear of the Lord is to do what is right and no matter how you want to justify taxes our legal representative voted in those taxes and we are obligated to pay them under the Romans 13 mandate from God's word.
Chette, between your accusing us on this thread of MAN WORSHIP and REBELLION, your insults are getting old, my brother.

I started a thread to give a simple update on a man that many of us admire for his service to God for many years. I never said he was perfect. We can turn this into a taxation debate if you really want to, but I think even you will have to admit that if SOMEONE didn't rebel SOMEWHERE down through history, we would all be in serfdom to some tyrant or evil king, or working in a factory for a godless COMMUNIST with no opportunity to even read the Bible, hand out tracts or go to church because they would have been BANNED AT THE STATE LEVEL. God delivered us from that, and gave us the laws to avoid ever going back to it, whether you accept it or not. No one here is advocating tax evasion. We are merely discussing the reality of the law vs. our Constitution, and I don't know why you can't see that.

By the way, Ps 33:18-19 certainly seems like a promise to me!

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-12-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:41 AM

you read and interpret with your own heart Brother and not necessarily my my intentions.

you can admire men and as I said he does a great job in his position of creationism. however I wouldn't emulate him in his tax methods. and if any of you do you'll end up in the same place he is. remember admiration can be man worship we need to make like the Lord and have no respect of person. But give honor where honor is due.

I said good luck for it sounds as if some of you feel in your hearts that because of your interpretation of the constitution paying your taxes is wrong even if the Govt passed laws on how and when and to whom taxes apply. but if the Govt has instituted tax laws we are to follow their laws no matter if they are unconstitutional. rebellion starts in the heart first long before the first steps are taken.

Rebellion could and/or could not be okay with God when it involves his Children. But we all know that God allows things to take place to fulfill his will not the will of the Rebels. so the US is where it is today for God purposes not necessarily for those who rebelled in the 1770's.

if I did make you feel insulted then make like a duck in water let roll off.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
you read and interpret with your own heart Brother and not necessarily my my intentions.

you can admire men and as I said he does a great job in his position of creationism. however I wouldn't emulate him in his tax methods. and if any of you do you'll end up in the same place he is. remember admiration can be man worship we need to make like the Lord and have no respect of person.
Whatever, I just think you really need to ease up on the man worship thing my brother. As I have stated several times no one is advocating tax evasion---are you listening? I see nothing wrong with following the law and paying taxes, nor do I see anything wrong with challenging unconstitutional laws in court---and that includes any tax laws politicians may decide to add to the people along the way. It's well within our legal system and it's done all the time. If they tax the people too much, the people get together and vote them out of office. Do you consider voting a form of rebellion? Why not? If you vote against a government leader is that not "rebellion" in your view? I hope not, because that's one of the ways we CONTROL our government, instead of them controlling us. Question, are you American or were you born in the Phillipines?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 03-13-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 AM

I am Anglo Saxon American. Born in Chicago IL, Raised in So Cal, saved in Maui Hawaii, went to Bible college in Virginia.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Bro. Parrish

Do you pay taxes to the Phillipine government on your personal income?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:46 PM

Chette

I am a big fan of Kent Hovind, have watched his videos for several years on YouTube. I think it is fantastic that he travelled to High Schools and Universities giving seminars and debating evolutionists. He would often take on several evolutionists at once. Even evolutionists admit that he won most (if not all) of the debates. After years of being brain-washed by the atheists that run our education system, I think it is fantastic that students are exposed to the truth of the Bible and the six-day creation account.

But Kent Hovind made many enemies. These God-hating atheists wanted to stop Hovind. And I promise you that is what is at the root of his tax problems. We showed before officials in President Obama's administration who owed far more taxes than what Hovind is accused of owing. Not only were they not sent to jail, some were confirmed into Obama's cabinet.

To show you an example of the hatred for Hovind, look at this video. The video itself is crude and tasteless, it would appeal to the enemies of Christ. But what I would like you to look at is comments in the grey colored upper right portion of the video. Click on "more info" to see how this person absolutely hates Kent Hovind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjKMhtyI3L8

And read the hateful comments below the video as well.

And this is nothing. You can literally find hundreds of videos on YouTube spewing outright hatred at Hovind. When a truly godly man speaks the truth the way Kent Hovind has and does, the demons of Hell come out against him.

Just because someone is convicted by the law, doesn't mean they have commited a crime.

Matt 26:59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death; 60 But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses, 61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days. 62 And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee? 63 But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. 64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. 65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
66 What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.