General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
This is a troubling statement. It is similar to a song that I heard recently. The chorus was describing heaven as being beautiful because "you are there". I assumed that it was speaking of Jesus, but then I heard the next verse where it talked of the "you" of the chorus walking and talking with Jesus. The song was about a dead loved one.

The truth of the matter is that our praise and adoration and complete focus will be on the LORD Jesus Christ and Him alone. We will not be concerned about who or what else is present there...
Come on now Bro. Tim, maybe I'm not that spiritual as some folks, but I have to say that I am certainly looking forward to seeing many of my deceased friends and family members in Heaven one day. I am very concerned about who else will be present there! I will admit my concern does not extend to pets however. (my apologies to all the pet lovers--no offense intended).