Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:53 PM
grace to me

jot & tittle
isa. 43:10 is also my favorite the jws will usually take you there and say see we are his witnesses , they tell you that is how they got their name , when the very same verse condemns their belief that gods beget gods.
jim
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-04-2008, 01:10 AM
ploughboy

Default Another Approach

Here is a link to a good article
"Now, if you only have five minutes to spend with a Jehovah’s Witness, try walking them through the following passages of scripture, passages that bear witness to the reality of the Deity of Jesus Christ (and the beauty of sharing these passages is that you can even use the Jehovah’s Witness’ false version of the Bible, the New World Translation):"

Complete article here

http://www.christianministriesintl.org/articles/15.html

PloughBoy
Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 PM
LIVNBYFAITH

Wink New excuses!

Hello all,

Well I got to talk with her for about 15 min. sat. and we got into our conversation and I had made a list of some excellent points you guy's hit on. We were not able to talk long, But in a nut shell, It eneded with her saying, "This is your version of the bible not mine" I pointed out some things that were left here for me to use, but she is so hung up on the Watch Tower being her final authority. I am still working with her, but I'm trying to figure out how to disprove the watch tower. It seem's funny how in the past they changed there minds, and there stance when certain predictions did not come true in the early years. I pointed this out but she acted like that was all speculated? so I'm trying I don't see her too often so I will keep you informed as I get the oppotunity to witness to her. Thank you all for praying and helping me with ammo for my battle. Christ wiil prevail!

your brother in Christ, Steve
Old 03-05-2008, 04:06 PM
sting of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVNBYFAITH View Post
Hello all,

Well I got to talk with her for about 15 min. sat. and we got into our conversation and I had made a list of some excellent points you guy's hit on. We were not able to talk long, But in a nut shell, It eneded with her saying, "This is your version of the bible not mine" I pointed out some things that were left here for me to use, but she is so hung up on the Watch Tower being her final authority. I am still working with her, but I'm trying to figure out how to disprove the watch tower. It seem's funny how in the past they changed there minds, and there stance when certain predictions did not come true in the early years. I pointed this out but she acted like that was all speculated? so I'm trying I don't see her too often so I will keep you informed as I get the oppotunity to witness to her. Thank you all for praying and helping me with ammo for my battle. Christ wiil prevail!

your brother in Christ, Steve
thats where i think you need to go on a full scale attack of the Jehovah's nitwits bible.. print out that page i linked you to with the list of the 300 verses corrupted in the nitwit bible. and give her a copy, challenge john 1:1 in the nitwits bible where it says Jesus was "a" god. then ask how many "gods" the Jehovah's nitwits have.. once she woulda brought up the difference in the bibles she is attacking the bible, and i don't get down with that. i'd have got her attention about the importance of the scripture.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:41 AM
fundy

hI LIVNBYFAITH,

Good for you, contending for the faith:

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

The term "earnestly contend for the faith" tells us it is a contest that we have to be prepered to put a great deal of effort into.

Dont be discouraged if she doesnt respond, it is not your job to save her, its your job to preach the Gospel. Keep doing so every chance that you get and let God give the increase.

1Co 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Keep chipping away, the fact that she is even willing to listen to you is proof that God is working on her heart.

Fundy.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:04 AM
evstevemd

Just discredit watch tower.
The only way is through History of its ever failing prophesies.
You have to compare with infallible scriptural prophecy
Here is good Grade for JW
Feedback if it helps
Bring them to Jesus!
Ev Steve
Old 03-08-2008, 01:04 PM

Default To the Jew first

Excellent scriptures for JW's!
How about some scripture, studies, and links to help harness the power of God unto salvation to the Jews so that they may believe? Thanks.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Location: San Diego, California, the most vile state in the Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
Excellent scriptures for JW's!
How about some scripture, studies, and links to help harness the power of God unto salvation to the Jews so that they may believe? Thanks.
I like this argument-the improbability of a man being able to fulfill all these prophecies....unless he was driven by God.

http://jesus-is-lord.com/messiah.htm
Old 03-11-2008, 05:05 AM
ploughboy

Came across this. It is a listening Library of Walter Martin on JW"S and Mormons.
http://www.waltermartin.com/realaudio.html
Ploughboy
Old 03-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Why I Eyes Ya!

Hi there,

In the opening of your thread you wrote: "...but sometimes I still feel I am fighting a losing battle."
I can certainly empathize with that; but don't let it get you down.
After discussions with Mormons/JWs, etc, I ALWAYS feel absolutely drained (and a little 'shaken'!) even if the discussion has been productive.

Our apostle Paul writes:
"Yea, and all who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12).
I don't believe that this refers only to persecution from humans, but also from devils (Ephesians 6:12).

When we takes a stand and open the King James Bible, devils tremble, get angry and attack. Could this be the reason for feeling 'battle-worn'? Quite possibly.

However, we need not despair; Hebrews 4:12 states:
"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword..."
We can know that however battered we feel after such confrontations, the J.W's feel worse.

We have the Word of the Living God.
They have a devil-inspired 'paper sword'.

So, in summary, don't be down on yourself. It's only natural to feel we could do better but Jehovah God does not leave us on our own. We have His sword, the Holy Spirit, and His promise that:

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: IT SHALL NOT RETURN UNTO ME VOID, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it" (Isaiah 55:11).

God Bless, I'll be praying for you