Current Events Current events, including politics and culture.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-29-2009, 02:19 PM
biblereader's Avatar
biblereader biblereader is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 208
Default Handing Out Tracts Gets Man Beaten

None of us know exactly how we will react and feel when a critical situation arises in our life. OR CAN WE? Prepare your minds and hearts today, so that you will honor God when your time of testing comes up.
Would YOU keep on giving out tracts, after getting a beating?

http://compassdirect.org/en/display....idelement=5800

DHAKA, Bangladesh, February 5 (Compass Direct News) – Pilgrims to a massive Islamic conference near this capital city on Sunday (Feb. 1) beat and threatened to kill a Bible school student as he distributed Christian literature.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
  #2  
Old 05-30-2009, 04:40 AM
chette777's Avatar
chette777 chette777 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Puerto Princesa City, Palawan Philippines
Posts: 1,431
Default

I know a woman with Cerebral Palsy that was handing out tracks and street witnessing in Los Angeles and was beaten by a bunch of punk rockers
  #3  
Old 05-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Winman Winman is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 464
Default

Biblereader

Thanks for that link, that is a very informative site showing persecution of Christians by Muslims. There were some very disturbing stories there, especially the young man who was beheaded in front of a crowd for converting to Christianity.

http://compassdirect.org/en/display....idelement=5661
  #4  
Old 05-30-2009, 12:51 PM
greenbear's Avatar
greenbear greenbear is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
None of us know exactly how we will react and feel when a critical situation arises in our life. OR CAN WE? Prepare your minds and hearts today, so that you will honor God when your time of testing comes up.
Would YOU keep on giving out tracts, after getting a beating?

http://compassdirect.org/en/display....idelement=5800

DHAKA, Bangladesh, February 5 (Compass Direct News) – Pilgrims to a massive Islamic conference near this capital city on Sunday (Feb. 1) beat and threatened to kill a Bible school student as he distributed Christian literature.
Sister biblereader,

Thanks for posting that link. I'm glad that you and sister Jassy have helped focus our eyes on the persecution our brothers and sisters in Christ endure around the world. I believe that He is VERY close to us when we must suffer for His Name's sake and that the rewards are incomprehensible.

Your sister in Christ,

Jennifer
  #5  
Old 05-30-2009, 04:51 PM
tonybones2112's Avatar
tonybones2112 tonybones2112 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
None of us know exactly how we will react and feel when a critical situation arises in our life. OR CAN WE? Prepare your minds and hearts today, so that you will honor God when your time of testing comes up.
Would YOU keep on giving out tracts, after getting a beating?

http://compassdirect.org/en/display....idelement=5800

DHAKA, Bangladesh, February 5 (Compass Direct News) – Pilgrims to a massive Islamic conference near this capital city on Sunday (Feb. 1) beat and threatened to kill a Bible school student as he distributed Christian literature.
Beth, while in the street ministry I and others have had rocks thrown at us, I was hit with a ziplock baggie of urine, we were cursed, threatened, had the cops called on us, one brother had a knife pulled on him, that was not in Mecca, that was in Dayton Ohio.

I don;t even consider "Islam" a religion, but the Stone Age cries of a pack of drug-induced savages.

Always remember and never forget: When we suffer for doing what is right by God and His words, we know we are doing what is right.

Grace and peace

Tony
  #6  
Old 05-30-2009, 05:59 PM
biblereader's Avatar
biblereader biblereader is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Beth, while in the street ministry I and others have had rocks thrown at us, I was hit with a ziplock baggie of urine, we were cursed, threatened, had the cops called on us, one brother had a knife pulled on him, that was not in Mecca, that was in Dayton Ohio.

I don;t even consider "Islam" a religion, but the Stone Age cries of a pack of drug-induced savages.

Always remember and never forget: When we suffer for doing what is right by God and His words, we know we are doing what is right.

Grace and peace

Tony
Dear Tony, being in a street ministry must be difficult. I have no idea as to the threats and dangers that come with being a street preacher, but, I do admire anyone who can put up with all that.
I will always remember that we are blessed when people hate me and revile me for talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And, that there is no NEW temptation that will present itself to me, that has not already been victoriously wrestled to the ground by Christians before me.
(on another subject...you know what's bugging me right now? That idiotic smilie that keeps dropping his jaw down. I wish I could turn it off, or type faster!)
How long were you in a street ministry, and how many others were with you, on an average night? Did you have to get a permit, or did the police question you?
  #7  
Old 05-30-2009, 06:06 PM
biblereader's Avatar
biblereader biblereader is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
I know a woman with Cerebral Palsy that was handing out tracks and street witnessing in Los Angeles and was beaten by a bunch of punk rockers
As I've said before, to someone else, the west coast is full of anti-christian, God hating loons. I visited Seattle, once, and could not believe the amount of hatred towards Jesus there was, in that city.
Some of the most vile, reprehensible attacks I have gotten, (in another forum), have come from people on the west coast. When I see California in their profile, I just groan, and hope maybe that person will be different.
  #8  
Old 05-31-2009, 10:33 AM
ChaplainPaul ChaplainPaul is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 45
Default

I've had a couple of opportunities to preach in downtown Fort Worth (the real veterans are out there every week) and most of the hecklers I saw were professing Christians. And I'll tell you, it's really hard to preach over a bagpiper. I don't seek to be persecuted, but if I am, the Bible tells me how to react to it.

So many times we react with outrage and anger, disappointment with people, and a sense of "What is this country coming to?" But the Lord Himself said this in Matthew chapter 5:

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for
theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and
shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven:
for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

No, it's not easy to do. No, it doesn't make any sense. But it really means what it says. Just so that there's no personal interpretation problem with it, here are the Apostles' examples after they were beaten, from Acts chapter 5:

41 ¶ And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing
that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus...
  #9  
Old 06-03-2009, 02:11 PM
biblereader's Avatar
biblereader biblereader is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainPaul View Post
I've had a couple of opportunities to preach in downtown Fort Worth (the real veterans are out there every week) and most of the hecklers I saw were professing Christians.


11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and
shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven:
for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

No, it's not easy to do.
41 ¶ And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing
that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus...
You're kidding, the hecklers were "Christians"?! What on earth made them act that way to you?
I know, it is a blessing from God to be reviled and hated by the world. It means we're on the right path. The straight and narrow.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Website © AV1611.Com.
Posts represent only the opinions of users of this forum and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the webmaster.

Software for Believing Bible Study

 
Contact Us AV1611.Com