Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Default Why???

Why, on an AV site, are there so many quotations from Bible perversions? These quotations are not being used to "magnify" the pure words of God, but it seems many are quoting the corruptions as their standard. Am I in the wrong place here, or what?
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 03-11-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Why, on an AV site, are there so many quotations from Bible perversions? These quotations are not being used to "magnify" the pure words of God, but it seems many are quoting the corruptions as their standard. Am I in the wrong place here, or what?
What? Where? I must have missed those threads, I assume you're not talking about where we compare certain versions to show what's wrong with them.

For instance here's a message from The Message:

Quote:
Don't be flip with the sacred. Banter and silliness give no honor to God. Don't reduce holy mysteries to slogans. In trying to be relevant, you're only being cute and inviting sacrilege. (Supposed to be Matthew 7:6).
I actually think this is a good message, and if Eugene Peterson had actually believed what he wrote he would never have written The Message.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:22 PM

Maybe someone besides Jeff has noticed. Exposing the perversions is not at all what I am referring to. Try a glance at "Genealogy" for one example.

Last edited by pbiwolski; 03-11-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 PM
fundy

Many folks just dont know the that there are differences between the KJV and the modern versions. They use these versions, quoting from them etc, simply because that is what they have been taught to do.

Using modern versions does not make these people worthy of being barred from this site...on the contrary,let them come, let them quote and then inform them as to why we use the KJV.

Remember that many of todays solid KJV people used modern versions before they were informed of the errors within them.

This site may be the first and only place that these people are ever informed about the perverted modern versions.

Fundy
Old 03-12-2008, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbiwolski View Post
Maybe someone besides Jeff has noticed. Exposing the perversions is not at all what I am referring to. Try a glance at "Genealogy" for one example.
You're right, I didn't catch those posts.

I fully agree with Fundy.