Prayer Requests Post your prayer requests here.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBibleSender View Post
Doing good. I am down almost 30 pounds...
Well done on the weight loss! Tell me, have you had a major change in your lifestyle and eating habits to achieve this, or did you do it through your diet change only? They say that to lose weight and keep it off we need to change our bad habits in regards to exercise and food/drink intake (snacks between meals, etc), which is entirely understandable.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Doing good. I am down almost 30 pounds. My shoulder is doing okay. I am just trying to take it easy when I lift. Please pray for me My old nature wants to see how much I can lift but I know that will only result in further injury. God bless.
That is great news! Congratulations on the 30lbs lost. Feels great doesn't it?

I well understand the frustration with wanting to push harder (quicker gains and just to see how "good" I can do), but unable to due to old injuries. As I've gotten older (and hopefully wiser ) I am learning to do what I can and chip away at it slowly so as not to re-injure myself and sideline myself again...and sometimes undo the work I had achieved...

I hope your wife is also doing well. Will continue to lift you both up in prayer.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:44 AM

Sender is your problem at all about just eating to much? I found that if you will skip breakfast (no matter what the Doctors say) and no snacks, you will loose weight very quickly. eat a good hearty lunch with lots of veggies. and a normal or small dinner.

drink tea or coffee for breakfast. be mindful you will be a little cranky so be spiritually prepared to fight the cranky sinfulness battle. God is able to give you a way of escape. it really works. if Oprah would try it she would stop wasting her money on all those fad diets. she wont give up her breakfast.

giving up breakfast causes the body to burn stored carbs and other fats as well as lean meat. that is why a good lunch is always needed start with fruit wait 10, then eat some green salad and what every you like. a big lunch will stop the drain on your fat and give you a break from your fast, just remember no snacks. and eat a normal dinner. eat it late if you want but no later than 9pm. take Multivitamins and extra vitamin C while on this diet at night before you sleep. you should see results within days. when you stop and go back to normal. eat small breakfast large lunch and regular dinner that should keep you slim. but no snacks. shakes or french fries between meals.

someone told me if feel you need snacks blend fruit together and drink it until your stuffed. you will burn the sugar off quickly. If you are diabetic be careful with smoothies.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Doing good. I am down almost 30 pounds. My shoulder is doing okay. I am just trying to take it easy when I lift. Please pray for me My old nature wants to see how much I can lift but I know that will only result in further injury. God bless.
Now I know where it come from, the 30 LBS, I will quit blaming the cookies.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Sender is your problem at all about just eating to much? I found that if you will skip breakfast (no matter what the Doctors say) and no snacks, you will loose weight very quickly. eat a good hearty lunch with lots of veggies. and a normal or small dinner.

drink tea or coffee for breakfast. be mindful you will be a little cranky so be spiritually prepared to fight the cranky sinfulness battle. God is able to give you a way of escape. it really works. if Oprah would try it she would stop wasting her money on all those fad diets. she wont give up her breakfast.

giving up breakfast causes the body to burn stored carbs and other fats as well as lean meat. that is why a good lunch is always needed start with fruit wait 10, then eat some green salad and what every you like. a big lunch will stop the drain on your fat and give you a break from your fast, just remember no snacks. and eat a normal dinner. eat it late if you want but no later than 9pm. take Multivitamins and extra vitamin C while on this diet at night before you sleep. you should see results within days. when you stop and go back to normal. eat small breakfast large lunch and regular dinner that should keep you slim. but no snacks. shakes or french fries between meals.

someone told me if feel you need snacks blend fruit together and drink it until your stuffed. you will burn the sugar off quickly. If you are diabetic be careful with smoothies.
Yeah, I agree. I've also noticed that if I do eat breakfast I am much more hungry by lunch time. Now, I will say that when I was working as a carpenter, skipping breakfast was just silly. It's very difficult to work hard without some energy to burn. I usually stuck with a breakfast burrito in the morning with some juice. That seemed to get me through till lunch, and often through till supper.

One thing I used to do in the mornings was drink a protein shake (I like Isopure whey protein isolate) before work. It doesn't have any carbs or fat, but does a really good job getting you through till lunch without any carbs or fat. Works wonders for those in a manual labour job field.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 PM

Oh, I might add that I just started working out again. I'm going purely Calisthenics and Isometrics this time. Should be interesting.

Peace and Love,
Stephen