Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

View Poll Results: What Bible(s) Do You agree With (Approve Of)?
All versions 0 0%
All versions
0 0%
All versions no matter what text they use as long as they translate it as best as possible 2 10.53%
All versions no matter what text they use as long as they translate it as best as possible
2 10.53%
All versions that come from the TR 1 5.26%
All versions that come from the TR
1 5.26%
Only the KJV1611 4 21.05%
Only the KJV1611
4 21.05%
All KJV editions 10 52.63%
All KJV editions
10 52.63%
Only the Pure Cambridge Edition 1 5.26%
Only the Pure Cambridge Edition
1 5.26%
None of the above (please explain) 1 5.26%
None of the above (please explain)
1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2008, 06:08 AM

Default Which Bible(s) Do You Think Are Good?

I know most here are anti-other versions but this is mainly to see what KJVO view you hold. I recently learnd about the Pure Cambridge Edition only belief.

Last edited by Just_A_Thought; 10-31-2008 at 06:13 AM.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-31-2008, 06:56 AM

This quiz is misguided. There is a distinction between a "Bible" and an "edition" of it. (After all there were two editions of the KJB printed in 1611, the "He" edition, and the "She" edition, see Ruth 3:15.)

TEXT
TRANSLATION
EDITION

TEXT. The Traditional Text is superior to the modern text(s); the Textus Receptus is superior to both; the KJB is the final form of the received text.

TRANSLATION. The Reformation TR-based translations are superior to modern versions (i.e. translations); the KJB is the best Bible in the world because it is perfect.

EDITION. The traditional lineage of KJB editions are the acceptable ones (as compared to modernised and/or newly edited KJV editions), the last and full result of proper traditional edition improvements (fixing up printing errors, standardising spelling, etc.) is a perfect presentation, the Pure Cambridge Edition. (This is not an ongoing or continuing process. "Saviour" is not going to be "improved" to "Savior"; "Easter" is not going to be improved to some other word, etc.)

Last edited by bibleprotector; 10-31-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:18 AM

An excellent translation of a poor text is okay with you, Just_a_thought??
Old 10-31-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
An excellent translation of a poor text is okay with you, Just_a_thought??
After studding the different texts as best as possible (for someone who does not know Hebrew or Greek) I don't think any text is perfect. With this conclusion I feel that you must pick the one who think is best or combine them into one. All texts have good doctrine in them. It is simply more prevalent in some than others. So yes, I am not against any text.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_A_Thought View Post
After studding the different texts as best as possible (for someone who does not know Hebrew or Greek) I don't think any text is perfect. With this conclusion I feel that you must pick the one who think is best or combine them into one. All texts have good doctrine in them. It is simply more prevalent in some than others. So yes, I am not against any text.
In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes. (Judges 21:25)

Sounds like that's the problem you're having; no King, no right and wrong.

"Where the word of a king is, there is power." (Ecc. 8:4)
Old 10-31-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes. (Judges 21:25)

Sounds like that's the problem you're having; no King, no right and wrong.

"Where the word of a king is, there is power." (Ecc. 8:4)
Yep, that's me! Out to brake all the rules. No right or wrong...I do it all!

This is rediculous...I never said there is no right or wrong. I simply studied, prayed, and studied some more, this is the conclusion I feel God has brought me to. You don't have to agree with me. To claim I am out to simply do what I feel is right and don't care what God has to say is casting judgment that is not true.

God bless!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
...I feel that you must pick the one who think is best or combine them into one.
Those are your words, not I. You base your version selection on your own human feelings, not on the fact that god promised to preserve His words forever. Either God is true and His perfect words exist somewhere on earth (this generation forever) or God is a liar and you can pick and choose according to your own reasoning and logic.

Sounds like Metzger, Westcott, Hort and the rest of the Humanistic German Rationalists.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Those are your words, not I. You base your version selection on your own human feelings, not on the fact that god promised to preserve His words forever. Either God is true and His perfect words exist somewhere on earth (this generation forever) or God is a liar and you can pick and choose according to your own reasoning and logic.

Sounds like Metzger, Westcott, Hort and the rest of the Humanistic German Rationalists.
Not at all, God did preserve His word...IN HEAVEN! This is why I say this. I have studied the issue and prayed about it. I am not just saying,"Hey take what you want and do what you want with God's word. It all good!" I am simply saying we do not know which manuscripts are right. So we can not say which one is 100% accurate. Due to this I support those who try to translate scripture best as possible. Unlike what you did to me by taking my words out of context.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Not at all, God did preserve His word...IN HEAVEN! This is why I say this. I have studied the issue and prayed about it. I am not just saying,"Hey take what you want and do what you want with God's word. It all good!" I am simply saying we do not know which manuscripts are right. So we can not say which one is 100% accurate. Due to this I support those who try to translate scripture best as possible. Unlike what you did to me by taking my words out of context.
I took nothing out of context. In fact, I simply quoted what you said and addressed what you said. Again, the problem is WORDS.

You said that you think that we should pick and choose what texts we think best. Therefore, you are deciding what is right and wrong based on feelings, not facts.

How is that taking anything out of context? That's simply stating what you said in less ambiguous terms.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Yep, that's me! Out to brake all the rules. No right or wrong...I do it all!

This is rediculous...I never said there is no right or wrong. I simply studied, prayed, and studied some more, this is the conclusion I feel God has brought me to. You don't have to agree with me. To claim I am out to simply do what I feel is right and don't care what God has to say is casting judgment that is not true.

God bless!
Just_A_Thought, I'd like to send you a pdf copy of Dr. Floyd Nolen Jones' "Which Version is the Bible?" which I think will help you understand why we don't agree with you. You don't have to agree with us, but this book will help you to first understand what we believe. I also think it will show you some interesting things about all the various texts and where they came from. It really is a good book.

You don't share you email on your profile (which is odd to say the least) so if you would let me know how I can email it to you I will send it your way as soon as you do.

In the mean time you can browse through:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible...king_james.htm
http://www.samgipp.com/historybook/
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjvdefen.htm

Peace and Love,
Stephen