Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I always wonder why someone claims to be a sinner saved by grace, if Jesus took all your sin how much do you have, if he has washed you clean of all your sin, how much do you have?
Brother Scott, you make a good observation. The Scripture no longer calls the believer a "sinner". We are "saints", "righteous", "redeemed", "sanctified", "purified", "sanctified", "forgiven", "washed", "cleansed", and "dead to sin".

But at the same time we still do, say, and think sinful acts, unrighteousness, and ungodliness.

Quote:
I sin every day, I struggle with sin every day, sin almost ended my life many days when I was not right with God. The LORD JESUS CHRIST saved me from my sins, those that I had done, am doing and will do. My soul is bought and payed for, but in this mortal life sin is ever present and all around and I will stumble and I will fall, and my LORD will forgive me and I will get back on my feet and keep following the path of righteousness.
Isn't this what POTW is really saying? In Christ we are "perfect", "pure", "sanctified", "holy", "unblameable", and "unreprovable". Yet, I also know the daily and practical temptations, struggles, and wretchedness of my mortal life. The battle between the "flesh" and the "Spirit".

Scott, I think you and People are saying the same thing. Both aspects apply. Our position in Christ is absolutely perfect. Our daily mortal life is still plagued with sins of thought, word, and deed.

I think Romans 6, 7, and 8 deal with both sides of the issue.

We conclude then that,

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away" (Isaiah 64:6).

Peace and love, Brethren.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
What do you expect to gain by living the occasional sinless day/ week?

fundy
I plan to obtain God's will. However, it's very hard not to sin, but with God, all things are possible
Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
wwjd.usa,

Why are you using the word perfection like it is something you can attain to?

Romans 3:23 still applies to you.

We are saved by Christ's righteousness, not our own.

Even if you go a day without sinning, that does not erase sins in the past. It does not hide sin.

You are basically saying that a man can be justified by the law. If that be so, then the reward is of debt, and not of grace. Romans 4:4.
Abour Romans 3:23, you are correct.
The purpose of me doing this, is try to please God as much as possible, and to try to end up in Hell.

I'm not saying that a man can be justified by the law. I'm just saying that I'm trying to please God as much as possible.

I know that I am saved by grace and all. Also, I know that if I can end up in Heaven if I sin more or less. However, the reason that I try to sin as less as possible, is that that God would be more pleased.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:36 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levite-7 View Post
Originally Posted by Josh
This is saying that Christ's works on the cross isn't enought to keep us saved, and we must do it by living righteously. When you become a part of God's family, you're there forever. He's not going to send you to Hell because you die with unconfessed sin. When He washed you in the blood, He washed you forever my brother. Jesus said that he that is cleansed need only to wash his feet, implying that we are still clean, save our feet. Bottom line: You cannoy lose your salvation by anything you do or do not do, or anyway at all! Salvation is eternal.
[/FONT]
I disagree, that once a person is saved, that he's saved forever. This is what my baptist friend tells me. He says that a person needs to go to the church, become saved. After that the person is saved, the person can go into the world, sin as much as possible, and would still end up in heaven.
I disagree with this.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:50 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
First of Scott
David was a righteous man and he sinned, Moses was a righteous man and he sinned, Noah walked with God and he sinned.
But David , NOah or Moses did not Sin every day, did they? It was very rare that they sinned once they knew the Lord.

This is what I'm saying that a Christian can sin in his life. However, the sin should not appear every day. If the sin appears every day, then we are in an addiction of some sort. If we are in an addiction, then we need to pray and ask God for freedom from the addiction.

What I'm trying to say, is that we should not sin every single day. If we do sin, then what are different from an unsaved person?

What I'm saying that a Christian can sin once in a while, because the Christian did was not on guard. But the Christian should not sin regularly. Also, the Christian try his best to not sin.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa
...John 13
"10Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

11For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean."

Whenever Jesus refers to clean, he refers that the disciples lived without sin at that time

This has nothing to do with them living sinless lives, it's about them being justified by their faith in Christ.
This shows that when the disciples took the communion, all of the desciples were clean and without sin, except Judas Iscoriot. Iff the disciples sinned every five minutes, then Jesus could not say that all eleven of the disciples are clean.

How do you exaplain the phrase "go and sin no more" (John 5:14)
Old 10-03-2008, 04:19 PM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd.usa View Post
I plan to obtain God's will. However, it's very hard not to sin, but with God, all things are possible
Hi wwjd.usa,

Thanks for answering my question. This answer, along with statements made by you in other posts make it clear that you are following a works based gospel.

Whithout getting too personal, I would be interested to know what type of grounding you have had in Biblical study....were you involved with the Jehovas Witness's, Mormons or maybe have a Catholic background?

In the meantime take the time to read carefully Hebrew chapter 10, at least 3 times, slowly and with concentration on each and every WORD that God wrote there.

fundy
Old 10-03-2008, 05:41 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
Hi wwjd.usa,

Thanks for answering my question. This answer, along with statements made by you in other posts make it clear that you are following a works based gospel.

Whithout getting too personal, I would be interested to know what type of grounding you have had in Biblical study....were you involved with the Jehovas Witness's, Mormons or maybe have a Catholic background?

In the meantime take the time to read carefully Hebrew chapter 10, at least 3 times, slowly and with concentration on each and every WORD that God wrote there.

fundy
Well, I read the Bible, and through the Bible, I form my doctrines. I am involved in two Bible schools, but I have found some biblical contradictions in
them. So I don't rely on the Bible schools anymore to form my doctrines. However, I still will finish the Bible school to receive certificates and college credits. I like to talk to other people who have different biblical beliefs, in order to see if I have a misunderstanding of the Bible.

Really, if you come to my church, it would be hard to place a specific denomination on it. So we are non-denominational.

What denomination are you?

Last edited by wwjd.usa; 10-03-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:56 PM
wwjd.usa

Today, at the church, people were discussing different topics. One person said that almost every day, Saten sends thoughts of sin to us. If we reject the thought, we have not sinned. If we accept the thought, we did sin.

For example, a person often recieves thoughts to lie, steal, commit adultry, or to do any sin. If the person accept the thought, and thinks, "This is a good idea", then the person has sinned. If the person rejects the thought, and thinks " Saten, get away from me", then the person did not sin.

If you think about it, this is exactly what happened to Jesus when he was tempted. Since Jesus rejected all of the thought of saten, Jesus did not sin. I mean common, Jesus had thoughts of suicide, pride, lust of material possesions, and some other bad thoughts. Since Jesus rejected all of those thoughts, he did not sin.

If a person says that he sins every days, then it's either the person misunderstands the Bible, or really does sin every day.

If the person misunderstands the Bible, then that person thinks that he has sinned when a bad thought entered his brain. The person thinks that he that even thought he has rejected the though, he has sinned. However, that is not true. For if a person rejects a sinful thought, then the person has not sinned.

If really does sin every day, then the person accepts every sinful thought that enters his brain every day.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:20 PM

wwjd...I see now that your greatest need is to truly know the holiness, righteousness, purity, perfection, power, glory, might, strength, honor, riches, and eternal existence of God which is revealed to us in the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

When you, "...grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever" (2 Peter 3:18), then and only then will you know how utterly wretched we are in our present mortal condition and understand that Jesus alone is our righteousness and victory!