Bible Versions Questions and discussion about the Bible version issue.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:43 AM

I guess the gay lesbian new testament is a legitamate version, if you agree what the MV users are saying about every bible being gods word.

Thanks brother Will,very informative.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 07-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Default Jeremy

Well said Jeremy! that has been my point with the Modern Versionists for quite some time. They argue vehemently that the Originals alone are inspired and only the true words of God and from that basis the KJB is to be dismissed as a “fine translation” on one hand………that is “full of corruptions, insertions and errors” on the other hand.

Then they go on say that no translation is perfect whilst at the same time they claim that they are all the word of God (which is their informal allegiance to the doctrine of preservation). And whilst they use translations such as the NIV (as the authoritative basis from which to correct the KJB) the next edition corrects the one which they are now using to correct with!

This is my point – where do they draw the line when it comes down to authority when all of their own editions & translations have a word in one edition that is replaced in the next and then reintroduced when an update is produced?

Is the gay & lesbian Bible the final authority when it disagrees with the NIV, NASB, NKJV etc, as it is more “up to date” and the result of the “latest scholarship”? They must obviously know more about translation methods than they did in the 1960’s, 70’s & 80’s!

When I bought an ESV in 2004 I noticed the following;

1Tm.3: 1-2 “The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife…”

Why change the first reference from “he” to “anyone” and then go on to speak without doubt that it is to be a man?

The same could be said about the TNIV
“Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife…”

it is as if they are absolutely sure what they Bible shouldn’t say but clueless as to what it should say. It is as though every slight change in culture or taste is what determines what is written without regard to what the context is clearly teaching.

It is like on preacher rightly said; “Is the KJB really that difficult to understand?”

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-10-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
Well said Jeremy! that has been my point with the Modern Versionists for quite some time. They argue vehemently that the Originals alone are inspired and only the true words of God and from that basis the KJB is to be dismissed as a “fine translation” on one hand………that is “full of corruptions, insertions and errors” on the other hand.

Then they go on say that no translation is perfect whilst at the same time they claim that they are all the word of God (which is their informal allegiance to the doctrine of preservation). And whilst they use translations such as the NIV (as the authoritative basis from which to correct the KJB) the next edition corrects the one which they are now using to correct with!

This is my point – where do they draw the line when it comes down to authority when all of their own editions & translations have a word in one edition that is replaced in the next and then reintroduced when an update is produced?

Is the gay & lesbian Bible the final authority when it disagrees with the NIV, NASB, NKJV etc, as it is more “up to date” and the result of the “latest scholarship”? They must obviously know more about translation methods than they did in the 1960’s, 70’s & 80’s!

When I bought an ESV in 2004 I noticed the following;

1Tm.3: 1-2 “The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife…”

Why change the first reference from “he” to “anyone” and then go on to speak without doubt that it is to be a man?

The same could be said about the TNIV
“Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife…”

it is as if they are absolutely sure what they Bible shouldn’t say but clueless as to what it should say. It is as though every slight change in culture or taste is what determines what is written without regard to what the context is clearly teaching.

It is like on preacher rightly said; “Is the KJB really that difficult to understand?”

God bless

PaulB
Paul, Jeremy, while we are on the topic of the NIV:

Every thug and murderer in the Aryan Brotherhood is delighted with the reading below.

Heb 9:10 They served only for matters of food and drink and various washings; they are external regulations13 imposed until the new order came.(NIV)

Two Gods in this verse:

Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.(NIV)

Grace and peace friends

Tony
Old 07-11-2009, 03:46 AM

Default Tonybones

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Every thug and murderer in the Aryan Brotherhood is delighted with the reading below.

Heb 9:10...the new order came.(NIV)
Hello Tony – You are right when you say that they will be delighted with the wording of the NIV. I am convinced that it is the hierarchy of the NWO (the elite element of the Aryan Brotherhood) who are the masterminds and the financiers behind the NIV’s NASB’s…etc, because the last think that they want is a united front opposing them.

God bless

PaulB
Old 07-12-2009, 06:29 AM

John 1:18 (New International Version)

18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

"Joh 1:18 No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.(NIV)"

Hebrews 9:10 (New International Version)

10They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

"Heb 9:10 They served only for matters of food and drink and various washings; they are external regulations13 imposed until the new order came.(NIV)"

The italics are from Tonybones post and the BOLD are from Biblegateway.com. What is your source tony if I may ask?
Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 AM

Using Biblecc i came up with the same NIV verse as Tony,it is a Copyright 1984 NIV.

http://bible.cc/hebrews/9-10.htm

(New International Version) John 1 v18:
No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father’s side, has made him known.

http://niv.scripturetext.com/john/1.htm

(New International Version)
Hebrews 9v10
They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Yet,another problem with the NIV 1973,78,84 they don't agree,as well as other MV's.

Last edited by Jeremy; 07-12-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:26 AM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!

Yes, most people are not aware of this, but the NIV keeps changing its own text from one edition to the next. The NIV is right from the pit. I personally despise the rag.

Will Kinney
Old 07-12-2009, 01:09 PM

Default You're right Will - Check this out

What more needs to be said than what's on the link below?

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/67127

on a more positive note - the link below may be helpful for someone on the forum:

http://printkjv.ifbweb.com/

God bless

PaulB