Bible Studies Post and discuss short Bible studies.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Forum Administrator

Default Preservation and Salvation

When talking about God's words, Biblicists understand that God has promised to preserve his words (Psalm 12:6,7; 1Pe 1:25).

Another promise of preservation that God has made is with regard to salvation. We can be sure that God has and will preserve his words, and we can be sure he will preserve us as well.

Jude 1:1 teaches the preservation of the saints:
Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
This verse shows us the work of salvation is on God. Though all saints should persevere (Eph 6:18), God's word teaches that the security of our salvation is a matter of God's preservation.

1Pe 1:5 says we are "kept by the power of God."

1Th 5:23, 24:
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.
This we see our preservation is "done" by "he that calleth" us, who is faithful.

Jude 1:24 says he will "present" us "faultless before the presence of his glory."

So rejoice in the promise of God's preservation: your salvation is as secure as God's words are pure!
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 02-01-2008, 08:49 PM
rebelyell

Amen and amen, Brandon. New member here. Thanks so much for this forum. I was just enlightened under the teaching of some Godly men at church in the last five years as to the perfectly preserved word in the AV1611 KJB. I believe every word is not only true but without mixture of error. According to His word, I am just as certainly and "of a surety" saved as His word is true. Thanks again...
Old 02-03-2008, 10:04 AM
ok.book.guy

Wonderful bro. Brandon!! That's what I read the bible to say and the faith God's word brings with it assures me hope will not be ashamed!

You know the reformers taught a slightly different doctrine. . . ."Perseverance of the saints". This doesn't bring the assurance that "Preservation of the saints" does.

I've known some reformed (one was even a Calvinist preacher) who had little assurance because they had been taught perseverance. Now, I have the blessed hope because I know He is preserving me and my family!!!

Good on you brother Brandon.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Bible thumper

So true! I had a hard time with that years ago being bought up in a
Methodist/John Wesley church background and it took years to for me to get ahold of that truth. Thanks.
By the way, I've been getting your newsletter for awhile now and I'm glad to see this forum. It's my first day on here and I think it will be a great tool for discussion and just hanging out.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:41 PM

Dear Brothers, another really good Scripture pointing to preservation of born again believers is: "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption." (Eph. 4:30)
It is comforting to know, that I am sealed(confirmed) unto (to) the (that) day(period of time) of (from) redemption (deliverance from the bondage of sin and penalties of God's violated law).
Too bad, too many Christians out there fear for their salvation.