Doctrine Discussion about matters of the faith.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:19 PM

Default The Doctrine of Love

Greetings. In my view, love is the greatest visible evidence of our true discipleship. This is genuine Christianity. Contend for the faith? Absolutely. But always speak the truth in love.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

If you are interested, I've written a free booklet titled, "Put Away Childish Things". http://www.christdirected.com/2008/0...ildish-things/ (If you need it as a word document, send a request via email.)

Love to all in Christ.
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 08-27-2008, 07:59 AM

Thanks forest, I had a brief look at what you have written but there are quite a few pages to it! I will print it of and read it away from the pc sometime soon.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Greetings. In my view, love is the greatest visible evidence of our true discipleship. This is genuine Christianity. Contend for the faith? Absolutely. But always speak the truth in love.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

If you are interested, I've written a free booklet titled, "Put Away Childish Things". http://www.christdirected.com/2008/0...ildish-things/ (If you need it as a word document, send a request via email.)

Love to all in Christ.
Aloha brother Forrest,

I agree with what you have said, however, on a Forum such as this, it is sometimes difficult (if not impossible) to tell WHO our true brothers in Christ are and WHO might be "false brethren". [2Corinthians 6:14-18]

If we were in a local church it would be much easier to judge - but on a Forum, all we have to go by is words (written by individuals) and "attitude".

We also must be careful to distinguish between the Scriptural definition of love and charity and the worldly (Humanistic) definition of "love" that is so prevalent in the churches today.

We must never forget the Attributes of the God that we worship.

God is a Tri-Part Being – Body, Soul, Spirit (God's "Substance")
The Attributes of God that make up His Substance are - God is: Eternal = I AM

Self Existing[without beginning or end of existence] Immortal-Perpetual-Unchangeable

Omniscient (All-Knowing - All-Seeing.)

Omnipotent (All Powerful – Unlimited Power.)

Omnipresent (Everywhere - Present in all places at the same time)

God possesses a Heart and a Mind (God's "Faculties")
The moral attributes of God are - God is: HOLY (Before All Else!)

Holy (Perfectly PureSacred) {Holiness is God’s primary moral attribute}

Just (Righteous, Principled, Upright, Equitable, Impartial)

Truth
(True, Genuine, Faithful, Honest, Veracity, Fidelity)

Love
(Benevolence, Good Will, Charitable)

Mercy
(Grace, Pardon, Compassionate, Pitiful)

Now, don't get me wrong brother, I believe your emphasis to be Scriptural, however, there is an effort within some "Cristian Circles" to place God's "Love" ABOVE His Holiness, Justice, and Truth and I believe that to do so is not only unscriptural, but also blasphemous.

IF God's Love is His "Primary" Attribute, then no one needs to go to Hell. But God's Holiness, Justice, and Truth demand a "payment" for sin - hence God's Love & Mercy, in that He sent His only begotten Son to suffer and die and to pay "the price" that His Holiness and Justice demanded!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha brother Forrest, ...it is sometimes difficult (if not impossible) to tell WHO our true brothers in Christ are and WHO might be "false brethren". [2Corinthians 6:14-18]

God's Love is His "Primary" Attribute, then no one needs to go to Hell. But God's Holiness, Justice, and Truth demand a "payment" for sin - hence God's Love & Mercy, in that He sent His only begotten Son to suffer and die and to pay "the price" that His Holiness and Justice demanded!
[/FONT]
Brother George, I'm so thankful for brethren like you who "earnestly contend for the faith." Just like you, I'll just keep speaking the truth in love. Wasn't it Vance Havner who said, "I don't need to defend the Word, the Word of God is like a caged lion, all I need to do is let it out...it will take care of itself."

By way of clarification, my heart is to speak with all of the true believers and exhort us to love one another. I am specifically referring to the love of God that is now in us through Christ Jesus, not the general doctrine of God's love. I know I'm not saying anything new, but I feel prompted by the Holy Spirit to admonish the brethren, and provoke them unto love and good works. I thought I'd better obey Him.

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another" (John 13:34).

"He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes" (1 John 2:9-11).

"We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death" (1 John 3:14).

I referenced my free booklet, only as an encouragement to the body. It conveys my heart. I hope you'll read it.

Last edited by Forrest; 08-27-2008 at 04:10 PM.