General Chit-Chat Whatever doesn't fit anywhere else goes here.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeByrd View Post
Which is why I hide most of my tabs. That and the "clutter" interferes with my sense of order.
I have had Swordsearcher since I inherited George's computer. I tried it out and couldn't get anywhere with it. Like you said, I got rid of the "clutter", and now I have found the "magic" in it. The program makes it so easy to:

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

I have never studied like this before, now that I have the time and the tools, I have three past times; Bible, garden (house work doesn't count) and gardening.

Is the new Sword searcher on the market now?

In God's Love, Renee
The King James Bible Page SwordSearcher Bible Software
Old 05-20-2008, 07:05 PM

I ordered the new update, and received it in less than 48 hours! It's taken me almost 2 years to get familiar with it, and I have a lot more to learn. I guess if I read the directions I could be a lot farther along... I do love it, and when I tap into some of its potential, in spite of my lack of, I may learn something!

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

BTW: Is there any way to paste some of the commentary to another page?
Old 05-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debau View Post
I ordered the new update, and received it in less than 48 hours! It's taken me almost 2 years to get familiar with it, and I have a lot more to learn. I guess if I read the directions I could be a lot farther along... I do love it, and when I tap into some of its potential, in spite of my lack of, I may learn something!

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

try the tutorial. I did and it didn't take me long at all to go all over the place with it.

I'm able to copy and paste into word documents and e-mails and even discussion forum posts, is that what you're talking about?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Yes, version 5.3 was released last week.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
You can use the common Ctrl+C clipboard operation in pretty much any text area in SwordSearcher, including commentary and book displays.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Yes. We released the new update the end of last week.

Quote:
I ordered the new update, and received it in less than 48 hours! ?
Good. Good.

Quote:
BTW: Is there any way to paste some of the commentary to another page
I see my husband beat me to it.

Right click also brings up copy options in any of the panels.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:54 PM
joshjefflawn

I don't know if it is this one, or some other, but I started using some kind of bible study software, It was free though and It had a name Sword something. Like I said I don't know if it is this one or some other with a similar title. Any way I started using it, at first I liked it, one of the things I first studied was the Gap Fact (some call it the Gap theory but I believe its fact) of Genesis 1:1-2.
Every thing seemed alright until I got to Salvation. Thinking back on it I am pretty sure the program was teaching a Calvanistic form of salvation. I had to stop using it because ,1 I was new to the faith and I just started attending a Bible Believeing Independent Baptist Church that believes that Salvation is by grace. And 2, I believe that Jesus Died for all man and not just the elect but those who die with out Christ.
I don't know if yours teaches Calvanistic salvation, if it is I must say I am completley againsed the Calvanitic teaching of Salvation.
To teach that people who die without Christ and end up in hell, and that God some how willed that person to burn in hell is a true heracy. The Bible says "The Lord is....., not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. II Pet 3:9 No man since Calvary (I say calvary because God changed how he delt with man, form law to Grace, and before calvary the only way someone could be saved is by becoming a Jew and by following all the Laws) has been sent to hell because God created that person to fill up hell. Instead the only reason any Human being has ever been cast into hell is because they would not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as there saviour.
Some people teach that only those who God elects can be saved, but this is simply not true. Any Man who believes on the only begotten son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ, Shall be saved.
The Lord Jesus Christ Says;
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that "whosoever" (if only the elect were to be saved The Lord Jesus would not have said whosoever) should believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life John 3:16, John 3:15 says "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. and even later on in chapter three the Lord Jesus says
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18 Did the Lord Jesus say He that that is elect is elect and that he that is not elect is condemned already, be cause he was not elect? Of course not. No wear in the Gospel of John does Jesus once say only the elect are saved, neither do any of pauls eppisltes, sure Paul uses the term elect, but every time it is inreference to those who first believed on the Lord Jesus.
If you realy believe only those who will be saved are only those who God elects and that man has no say so, then how do you explane the Children of Isreal. If Pre-Election is true, then why did the Jews, Gods people reject the Son of God 3 times. So there if it is true that only the elect by God, are saved then that either means every Jew born from Abraham to now is in heaven, including those who rejected the Lord Jesus Christ. Or that means that God willed his own people to go to hell. Now of course both are wrong. The fact that God gave us his only begotten son, and "whosoever will come, may come." If you are not sure of your election, ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins, repent and ask the Lord Jesus to come into your heart and save you from Hell. That is Salvation, it is simple, and yet it is the greatest gift of all.
If I am wrong, and your program doesn't teach calvanistic salvation, then this realy isn't directed at you, God has just put this on my heart and so I wrote this.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:31 PM

Default Re: joshjefflawn's Post #17

Re: Your Post #17

Aloha joshjefflawn

Let me assure you that Swordsearcher is NOT a Calvinistic piece of Bible software and neither is its author (Brandon Staggs). On the contrary, I personally know that Brandon Staggs stands firmly against the 5 basic points that John Calvin taught as the doctrinal basis of his "theories" (Brandon believes in the "Preservation" of the saints - NOT Calvin's Point #5, i.e. the "Perseverance" of the saints). However in the "Commentary" section of the program there are various Bible commentators - some of which are "Dispensationalists"; some of which are "Calvinists"; some of which are "Armenian"; etc.

Just because brother Staggs includes these various commentators in his program does not mean that he agrees with all of their doctrine or wholeheartedly endorses the men who wrote the "commentaries". He has provided these "commentaries" as a "convenience" for those people who may not have the commentaries and who may want to check out what those men had to say about a specific Bible issue.

I have been using Swordsearcher since 1996 (I may have gotten the very first copy) and I can assure you that if you don't want to access the commentators, you don't have to. I only use the word "Search Function"; Webster's 1828 English Dictionary; and once in a great while, (to check on the additions, subtractions, and errors in the corrupt bibles), I may make a comparison of some of some verses and words of some of the corrupt bibles listed - only to see where they "changed" things, NEVER to "correct" the King James Bible or seek further "light".

I have been studying the King James Bible for 50 years now (40 of those years intensively). From 1968 up to 1996 I used either Young's Concordance or Strong's Concordance to look up English words in the Bible and to compare scripture with scripture (NEVER as a Lexicon i.e. to get the "meanings" of words). I can testify to you here and now that using Swordsearcher hasn't made my study just 10 times faster and more convenient - it has made my Bible study anywheres from 10 to 100 times faster and more convenient!

Since 1996 the only time I have used Strong's Concordance is when Swordsearcher is not readily available to me, other than that, I wouldn't crack a "page" of any Concordance if Swordsearcher is available.

{Full Disclosure: Brother Brandon Staggs happens to be my son-in-law (married to our youngest daughter Rebekah) so I might be just a tad "biased" . But on the other hand, I personally haven't seen another Bible Program out on the market that matches Swordsearcher's capabilities or features. And I can tell you that before Brandon put his program out on the market the other Bible programs were costing $200.00 - $250.00 or more! I know this to be true because I wanted to buy one soon after it came out and couldn't afford to spend that kind of money at the time.

With the introduction of Swordsearcher out on the marketplace the other Bible software programs were "forced" to bring the price their products more in line with Swordsearcher, which of course brings up the question as to why they were priced so high to begin with (1Timothy 6:10)?

I hope this might answer any questions you may have about Swordsearcher. Should you have any more I would be more than happy to answer any more inquiries you may have.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Beth

e-sword is a free Bible software. This might be what you are thinking of?

Sword searcher is not free, but well worth the cost. I certainly have not seen anything on Sword searcher that would be considered Calvinistic teaching.

If you get the Way of Life Encyclopedia along with sword searcher, you can look up the topic Calvinism and see that it is refuted by David Cloud.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Forum Administrator

SwordSearcher has a lot of material available for it. The only thing in SwordSearcher that is perfect is the King James Bible. Everything else is there like in a library. You can easily install SwordSearcher without any commentaries or dictionaries if you wish.

Some of the material in SwordSearcher is Calvinistic -- Spurgeon (though he didn't get really overt), Gill, and others were Calvinist. But some are not -- Larkin, Wesley, and Clarke were not Calvinist.

I am not a Calvinist, though lots of people who are Calvinist use my software. I think it is a mistake to completely discount someone simply over one doctrine -- our KJV translators were not perfect in theirs, and yet God still used them.

It is not accurate to say a software program "teaches" something -- at least not for any of the Bible software I have seen. Bible software is a tool and is more akin to an electronic library than anything else.